Login

russian armor

COH2's IDEAL future in YOUR opinon

28 Feb 2015, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 16:46 PMPorygon

Looks like we are in totally different level, that should end our discussion.

I thought at least you would state 2v2 automatch map like Duclair, Wolfhaze, Rail & Metal, etc.
I never played on those map designed for camp until 100000 artillery firework fest. If you suggest MG being OP on those map, that's not problem of MG but the stupid map design.

We are clearly in a different level of reading impairment.

"And that wasn't even just on cheese maps like Gilroy's Harbor or The Scheldt."

Which means it happened on actually good maps as well, some of them at least. So quick to insult.
28 Feb 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 14:15 PMHerzy

You are talking about 1945, not 1944. In 1944 every forth infantry had an automatic weapon. They had some great tanks. They had Jet Engine aircraft, V1-V2 rockets. We also need to balance the game mate. And The game doesn't need to be reprogrammed, just change the gameplay.

Ma boy "At a conference in Tehran (28 November - 1 December 1943), agreement was reached between Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin on postwar fate of Germany. At this time, have become widely known crimes of the Nazis, and public opinion throughout the world to identify the beginning of ordinary Germans with the Nazis. Requirements for Germany much tougher. Contrary to the original intention of Churchill to open a second front in the Balkans, was elected to the Normandy invasion [7] (p.168)

January 14, 1943, Churchill and Roosevelt articulated the demand for unconditional surrender of Germany and the Yalta Conference (February 4 - February 11, 1945), the Allies agreed on the establishment of new borders in Europe and Germany already under these conditions."

So if you want to compare do it and compare with Soviet forces amount/numbers, professionalism, types and quality of weapons and resources available In 1944.
May be Germany could withstand against USF for some time (if Soviets would disappeared somehow) but not too long Uncle Sam could increadsed number of USF trooops every month.
Later Soviet forces just steamrolled over Japaness army during 6 dayes.

All those cool devises that you mentioned above were presented in such a meager amount that couldn't influence on anything

What I am trying to say there is no reason to be historical Good example of good game Return to castle wolfenstein
28 Feb 2015, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 16:52 PMBurts
How people describe coh 1 : Rifles flanking MGs! Lots of flanking action, light vehicle play! Yay! So much depth and so cool! So much fun! Nothing was as fun as pulling a rifle flank and decimating your opponents with BARs by timing the upgrade with the flank... Shame we don't have this stuff in coh 2...

How coh 1 actually was : Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped Unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped unit sniped x1000

Pro strat how to win > have more snipers than your enemy

Stream InversSSSSS BO and win a top level player like Barton did, or you just have no idea what you are talking about.
( I did that twice to Stephenn though :foreveralone: )

We are clearly in a different level of reading impairment.

"And that wasn't even just on cheese maps like Gilroy's Harbor or The Scheldt."

Which means it happened on actually good maps as well, some of them at least. So quick to insult.

How about showing your master OP MG play, in automatch map pool, personally to me? I would like to learn. :guyokay:
28 Feb 2015, 19:22 PM

Ma boy "At a conference in Tehran (28 November - 1 December 1943), agreement was reached between Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin on postwar fate of Germany. At this time, have become widely known crimes of the Nazis, and public opinion throughout the world to identify the beginning of ordinary Germans with the Nazis. Requirements for Germany much tougher. Contrary to the original intention of Churchill to open a second front in the Balkans, was elected to the Normandy invasion [7] (p.168)

January 14, 1943, Churchill and Roosevelt articulated the demand for unconditional surrender of Germany and the Yalta Conference (February 4 - February 11, 1945), the Allies agreed on the establishment of new borders in Europe and Germany already under these conditions."

So if you want to compare do it and compare with Soviet forces amount/numbers, professionalism, types and quality of weapons and resources available In 1944.
May be Germany could withstand against USF for some time (if Soviets would disappeared somehow) but not too long Uncle Sam could increadsed number of USF trooops every month.
Later Soviet forces just steamrolled over Japaness army during 6 dayes.

All those cool devises that you mentioned above were presented in such a meager amount that couldn't influence on anything

What I am trying to say there is no reason to be historical Good example of good game Return to castle wolfenstein

I have no idea what you are trying to say. This has nothing to do with equipment they have or their military technology. I'm not saying they were great and 'surprisingly' managed to lose. I'm not discussing which side lost. I'm just trying to suggest original faction designs.
28 Feb 2015, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 19:22 PMHerzy

I'm just trying to suggest original faction designs.

^^^

But a big problem with your design of OKW is that 3 men squads are even more likely to vanish in one shell than anything else we have atm...

(Redesign of factions i would like, but I cant find myself seeing Relic fixing outdated and faulty design, especially when they cant do it right the first time, and then the second time, and then most likely the third time...)
28 Feb 2015, 20:04 PM

^^^

But a big problem with your design of OKW is that 3 men squads are even more likely to vanish in one shell than anything else we have atm...

(Redesign of factions i would like, but I cant find myself seeing Relic fixing outdated and faulty design, especially when they cant do it right the first time, and then the second time, and then most likely the third time...)

I seldom witness PG got vaporised by Pershing in one hit, it is the flaw of COH2.
28 Feb 2015, 20:16 PM

My dream list?

• Regular quarterly news letters from Relic giving the community the scoop.
  • Additional community managers to help other aspects of the game such as game events.
  • In game clan support.
  • In game ladders.
  • F2P.
  • Quarterly ladder resets in coordination with seasonal maps.
  • Multiplayer meta map tied in with in game bulletins/drops. When more then 90% are searching as Axis they get nothing. This should encourage folks to play as Allies.
  • Full custom doctrines.
  • Game balancing. An actual resource dedicated to it.
  • Custom logos.
28 Feb 2015, 20:58 PM

28 Feb 2015, 23:28 PM

Conscripts probably shouldn't suck as terribly as they do right now.
28 Feb 2015, 23:58 PM

Monthly balance patches, more communication (talking and LISTENING to the community) and no microtransactions.
1 Mar 2015, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 20:16 PMNapalm
My dream list?

• Regular quarterly news letters from Relic giving the community the scoop.
  • Additional community managers to help other aspects of the game such as game events.
  • In game clan support.
  • In game ladders.
    • F2P.

• Quarterly ladder resets in coordination with seasonal maps.
  • Multiplayer meta map tied in with in game bulletins/drops. When more then 90% are searching as Axis they get nothing. This should encourage folks to play as Allies.
  • Full custom doctrines.
  • Game balancing. An actual resource dedicated to it.
  • Custom logos.

This makes the rest of the things on your list impossible.
1 Mar 2015, 00:26 AM

What, we don't have enough noobs in team games so we want to open the steam flood gates? C'mon the game goes on sale every month for like $10, basically F2P already.
1 Mar 2015, 02:51 AM

My ideal future is a game where the factions get redesigned so every faction has good long ranged infantry, short ranged infantry, elite infantry, early game advantages, and late game advantages. US is able to swarm Axis tanks (I mean come on, there are many reported incidents of a Tiger laughing off many Shermans, why the hell can you get a Tiger or panther at the cost of getting only two'ish T34s or Shermans? That would of never been a fair fight in history)

Pretty much the ideals SCII strives for to make every faction impact-full and multi dimensional at every stage of the game. No more of this allies get early game advantage for 11 minutes and 11- whenever the game ends the axis have the upper hand.

That and if everyone has all range infantry supported and elite infantry, Maps will actually be able to be balanced. Currently its impossible to make a balanced map because there will always be more areas where one range is supported better than the other.
1 Mar 2015, 03:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 12:38 PMHerzy
I think all the game needs is 'redesigned' factions. There are two different German factions now, one of them should be EARLY Wehrmacht army. It should have nice air power and blitzkrieg tactics, Just as in the history. Fallschirmjaegers with actual paradrop system, Panzer III and IIs, MG-34s (not 42), Flak-88s, 5 men grenadier squads etc.

You know why the game has so many useless units? Because developers tried to put too many units from different times of the war. If you have Panzer IVs with anti-tank guns, why would you need a Stug? Why T-34 is a bad choice after Germans start to get their own mediums? Why the game is not that much about constant pressure but waiting for call ins? These are all can be fixed by just redefining the factions. So here it goes:

• Wehrmacht: 1939-1943 German Army. Has 5 people Grenadier squad with Kar-98s and 4 people Panzer grenadier squad with MP-40s. STG-44 is an upgrade for P.Grens. G-43 for Grenadiers in mid tech. Grenadiers have either A cheap sdkfz-250 should be in the faction, to make fast pushes and flank maneuvers with Panzer Grenadiers.It has Pak 38 in early tech, a fast deploying light AT gun, which can easily keep up with the army. Pak 40s come with better teching. They should be the fastest faction to field tanks, with Stugs and Panzer-IIIs and Marders. Panzer IV comes with infantry support gun first, with a universal upgrade it gets 75mm AT gun. Panther and Tiger are call-ins in separate commanders.

• Soviets: A very tech heavy faction. It spans from 1941 to 1945, so you should unlock later eras. No light car at first. Can field numerous infantry, but very weak also. Maxim gun is like 60 kg, it should deploy slower than both mg-34 and 42. It has early tank BT-7, which is more like an armored car with very weak armor. T-34 should come later, and because of the two-man turret, the reaction time of it should be cranky. But we should feel the strength of its sloped armor and adequate AT gun. SU-85 no longer has 'focused range' and comes later in teching. It needs vision to use its range. But it should have %80 chance to penetrate Tiger I's front from mid range. From very late universal upgrade tech, you get to produce T-34/85s. The infantry also changes by teching, so you don't feel obliged to rely on call-ins. No 2 men snipers, but cheaper snipers than the German counter part.

• OKW: 1943-1945 German army. Basic infantry is 4 people Volks squad, with early teching they get either one Panzer Schreck or one lmg-42 or 2 STG 44s. lmg-42 can't be fired while moving. STG-44 is not SMG, they should fire in short bursts so it would be very good in mid range and good in long range. Ober squads are 3 men squads with 3 STG 44s, and has very good camouflage ratings. They can hide from vehicles for small durations. Effective in every range. 3 men sturm pioneers with better medium range fire-power. And they should be able to put down mines in 2x speed. They should have more and variety of mines, with more effectiveness. The faction should have superior tanks in many ways, Panthers shouldn't be as expensive but has more population cap. Panther was a very cost effective machine. It should also have very weak rear armor but very good front armor as in the game. The OKW trucks 'bonuses' should be purchasable. So when you go tier II, you can decide if you want medic station or Flak etc. This faction should have MG-42 as well as very good defense emplacements, Flaks(with 4 men) and Pak-43s and more importantly, concrete bunkers. So this faction will be powerful but more defensive than the other factions. It WON'T have 6 men 5 men squads, come on people it's late time Germany. They must be numerically inferior with superior weapons.

• USF: This faction is very interesting, but light armor superiority should be on Wehrmacht's side, not USF. No armored skirts for armored cars. And wheels should have bad performance on off-road. But what really bugs me about this faction is lack of air superiority. They should have a lot of strafe abilities from either Major or Buildings. Just as wehrmacht, they have 76mm gun upgrade in late tech. But someone should help me with this faction, I don't have a good idea about them.

The Teching should be mandatory, no 'building' teching but also 'era' taking. Wehrmacht has the best teching system right now, now imagine that mixed with 'general increase in technology'. I feel like with Soviets and U.S. you decide between 'AT or AI?'. It shouldn't be like that. That is a very macro heavy gameplay. We all play this game for micro and pretty explosions. And please, REDUCE THE REVERSE SPEED FOR ALL VEHICLES. If people are interested I can write more about this in a different post. Tell me what you think and what can be improved. Also tell me if you think this idea sucks or impossible so I won't bother with it. I don't think it's impossible though; no game mechanics change is needed, just maybe very few models and tweaks. Thank you.

I agree with many points on this post.

Also for USF, COH2 gave them the most idiotic design ever.

USF should not have Light vec superiority. They should have been the indirect firepower doctrine. They were the ones that launched bombing campaigns like almost every other day. In addition, the 150 something howitzer was fucking iconic in COH1. I honestly do not know why that is not in the game.

More air power for USF, more Arty for USF, and for christs sake, more AT for USF.
2 Mar 2015, 18:23 PM

^^^

You are probably right. But maybe in the future they make an only multiplayer dlc, where they reform the factions.
3 Mar 2015, 06:02 AM

CoH2's future should be a few more balance patches, a couple of OKW/USF doctrines, some ToW missions, and then it needs to be taken out the back and shot so as to facilitate speedy transition to Company of Heroes 3.

CoH2 has a lot of problems that don't seem easy to fix. A lot of people want radical overhauls, but those are basically impossible without simply creating a whole new game. The game is still a technical mess, and runs awfully on low-end machines despite not being a real looker, graphically. The game was designed with an honestly pretty awful DLC policy in mind from the beginning, a microtransaction nightmare with for-sale commanders that frequently wreck the balance before being nerfed. It still doesn't have a damned in-game ladder. It took 18 months and a major DLC expansion to add custom servers.

The future of the CoH series in the form of CoH3 should be as follows:

General
  • Totally overhauled game engine with a focus on optimization for less-powerful computers and actually looking great on high end computers.
  • Mod-support out the gate
  • server browsers, custom ladders and other features commonly available in the early 2000's as standard features

Monetization
  • Full price retail game.
  • Unit skins, faceplates or other prestige/customization stuff
  • Theatre of War packs
  • Extra campaigns, substantial gameplay content.

Factions/Timeline
  • 1940-1941 Timeline
  • Base game: France vs Germany, 1940
  • Expansion factions: Commonwealth vs Italy, 1940-1941
  • Preferrably no extra factions, but could potentially add USSR and some kind of German+Hungarian+Romanian etc faction with 1941 equipment as Barbarossa. REALLY DON'T WANT TWO GERMAN FACTIONS THOUGH.

Gameplay
  • Abandoning the "commander" design in favor of fixed, but much more flexible doctrines ala CoH1.
  • Since the designers always know which factions will have which doctrines available, it should be less challenging to balance them against each other (in principle).
  • Timeframe allows for light tanks and vehicles to have a serious role in the game; no super-heavy tanks exist in this time-frame and should never be added.
  • ALL factions designed with strong core army, not missing important units purely for the sake of differentiation. No faction forced to pick doctrines at the start to get important infantry they need to stay in the fight (e.g. soviet design in coh2).
  • All factions designed to be equal at all stages of the game; no steamroller design where one faction becomes unstoppable later on, and is weak in the early game to compensate. Even if you get it right for some game modes, team games always operate differently and you're going to fuck the balance in some of them automatically because of it.
  • No bulletins, they are superfluous and add little/nothing of note to the game.
  • Forward retreat points stuff up map design and make balancing between modes really hard; don't include them. Field HQs to reinforce and heal in the field are ok, but retreating should always punish you by sending you back to your base.
  • serious attention paid to balancing team games, up to the point where it doesn't interfere with 1v1 balance.

I might have forgotten some stuff, but that's the main ones.
3 Mar 2015, 06:12 AM

An ideal future? How about a balance patch, what kind of retards release an expansion pack and doesn't balance it properly? What was even the point of the wfa beta and alpha, coh2 was semi balanced and then wfa ruined that. The only reason why relic gets a way with shit like this is because they're small company no gives a fuck about, if any other company did this they would've been crucified
3 Mar 2015, 07:24 AM

Permanently Banned
A FUCKING BALANCE PATCH.

USF has a weak late game

Ost is unplayable due to thier early game

Sov relies too much on call-ins. Many of witch are way too good

OKW. OP AS FUUUCCCCKKKK
3 Mar 2015, 12:16 PM

An ideal future? How about a balance patch, what kind of retards release an expansion pack and doesn't balance it properly? What was even the point of the wfa beta and alpha, coh2 was semi balanced and then wfa ruined that. The only reason why relic gets a way with shit like this is because they're small company no gives a fuck about, if any other company did this they would've been crucified

Ideal future: all fanboys will be able to play all faction except the one they love and support with their biased opinions....for one year. ;)
3 Mar 2015, 12:33 PM

Changes in the way balance decisions are made.(Via a board of community figureheads who give out recommendations)
A F2P option in the coming years.
More interaction with Relic employees, less NDA.
SEGA Dying and being replaced by someone who doesn't limit companies.
In-game Ladders
Higher Playerbase
More advertisement, more advertisement, did I forget to mention, GET AN EXPERIENCED MARKETING TEAM ALREADY. (Fun Fact: They don't even have one yet.):foreveralone:

An increase in company expectations
More efficient ways to implement game design
A freaken bug team that responds to BS 24/7
The constant review of Relic employees on how they're doing
Optimization patches for the game every couple months(like legit ones, to fix the interface and make the game smoother, not the ones we're currently getting that either do the opposite of what they're intended to do, or don't even fix anything really)
A thriving community, consisting of less whiners, and more constructive individuals(Requires larger playerbase)
Free Tacos every Tuesday provided by Relic studios to those who visit. This will be known as Taco Tuesday.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★