Login

russian armor

Nerf Greyhound Canister Shot

24 Feb 2015, 02:14 AM

It's the second best USF commander in the game behind airborne. The IR artillery call in is the one of the best and cheapest artillery call in's. They greyhound is a squad wipe machine that's also fast. The 2 airborne squads + AT gun are also very nice. The sighting you get for your riflemen makes early game recon extremely easy.

Really there's not a single thing in the commander that's "bad", I find myself taking it a lot in 2's as USF.

Yeah no.

Riflemen receiving obersoldaten upgrade via Infantry Company, and obviously Elite Rifles - vet rifles at bat and EZ8's.

The 900 mp is extremely impractical (especially since the at gun is put in for lols), the recon flight the same level of crap as the major's - the forward sighting is barely an advantage, USF is going to get m20/other scouting unit that sights on the move. I&R is good for destroying OKW trucks... But thats it unless the enemy likes to keep everything idle.

I only see this commander used, if ever, only for m8 canister nuke. Very rarily anyone uses anything else in this commander. Its only good for one unit. Because it is so "bad" i see people who dont overuse canister nuke to fail when they get rolled over by armor AND infantry ( which only former mentioned two commanders can actually overcome both at the same time)
24 Feb 2015, 02:49 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It delays the living hell out of Major and sherman, takes away muni from other things and if you can survive this 2 minute shit show gimmick as Germans you just won the game. I never use this trash commander.

The greyhound is just an expensive Guards grenade on wheels. retreat immediately unless your men arent clumped or you have AT nearby. If he wipes one squad,hell even two squads,and in the process loses 2 greyhounds trying to cheese you then he already lost..thats 100 or more muni,500 MP,and 80 fuel for two squads,not counting skirts which are neccessary or this thing will die to a well thrown rock.
24 Feb 2015, 03:12 AM

It delays the living hell out of Major and sherman, takes away muni from other things and if you can survive this 2 minute shit show gimmick as Germans you just won the game. I never use this trash commander.

The greyhound is just an expensive Guards grenade on wheels. retreat immediately unless your men arent clumped or you have AT nearby. If he wipes one squad,hell even two squads,and in the process loses 2 greyhounds trying to cheese you then he already lost..thats 100 or more muni,500 MP,and 80 fuel for two squads,not counting skirts which are neccessary or this thing will die to a well thrown rock.

24 Feb 2015, 03:40 AM

Yeah no.

Riflemen receiving obersoldaten upgrade via Infantry Company, and obviously Elite Rifles - vet rifles at bat and EZ8's.

The 900 mp is extremely impractical (especially since the at gun is put in for lols), the recon flight the same level of crap as the major's - the forward sighting is barely an advantage, USF is going to get m20/other scouting unit that sights on the move. I&R is good for destroying OKW trucks... But thats it unless the enemy likes to keep everything idle.

I only see this commander used, if ever, only for m8 canister nuke. Very rarily anyone uses anything else in this commander. Its only good for one unit. Because it is so "bad" i see people who dont overuse canister nuke to fail when they get rolled over by armor AND infantry ( which only former mentioned two commanders can actually overcome both at the same time)

The IR comes in extremely fast (compared to most artillery barrages), and does a insane amount of damage, anything caught in the circle of it's bombardment radius WILL die. The 900 mp may be impractical, but it's honestly just there in case you have a MP float and want some more AT. The forward sighting is amazing advantage that can better allow you to predict enemy pushes.

The canister nuke can ruin an opponent in the early game, as will the IR artillery. Make use of the fact your pathfinders can cloak.

Infantry Company is a noob trap, the flames explode to often and still only let you dig players out of builds. In any other case a BAR is better, and the Easy Eight is just a better sherman, which isn't what you need in dealing with infantry or armor. You need a Jacksons and Scott.

Infantry, Airborne, and Recon are the best USF commander IMO.
24 Feb 2015, 04:24 AM

Permanently Banned

Infantry, Airborne, and Recon are the best USF commander IMO.

Airborne and rifle are the only viable commanders

Rifle can work it u get lucky with flame throwers

But airborn is the best. if u get atleast 2 muni caches and only upgrade ur para's. U can spam scotts and para's to focus on OKW's BS OP infantry.

Their armor wont be a problem cus u saved enought muni to use p47's 3 times over.

Then again, a AA HT will wreck this strat since it kills both planes on first pass :snfPeter:
24 Feb 2015, 04:31 AM

I agree with Alexzandvar, I really like the commander, I only wish wish the airborne arrived earlier, say around 5 cp's, and the greyhound was tweaked to be a CoH1 Stuart-esque unit-- maybe a little biased about that last part. :3
24 Feb 2015, 05:08 AM

Airborne and rifle are the only viable commanders

Rifle can work it u get lucky with flame throwers

But airborn is the best. if u get atleast 2 muni caches and only upgrade ur para's. U can spam scotts and para's to focus on OKW's BS OP infantry.

Their armor wont be a problem cus u saved enought muni to use p47's 3 times over.

Then again, a AA HT will wreck this strat since it kills both planes on first pass :snfPeter:

Rifle gives you: a easy to avoid smoke barrage that only damages infantry and doesn't actually kill them, flamers (which are very RNG based), and a fast way to burn away all your MP. To top this all off you get the Easy Eight, and if regular shermans are getting you nowhere neither will the easy 8.

If you can micro, a Scott/Jackson combo is far better.

Infantry is far more viable, you get excellent indirect in the form of the priest, sandbags, and very powerful 360 suppression LMG's you don't need to pay to unlock.
24 Feb 2015, 06:02 AM

remove shrecks from volks then maybe ;)
24 Feb 2015, 07:00 AM

Agreed, it's absolutely crazy now...
24 Feb 2015, 07:33 AM

Every single USF commander in this game is viable and has its advantages. Seriously, get off your Airborne / Ez8 trip.
24 Feb 2015, 07:38 AM

I agree with Alexzandvar, I really like the commander, I only wish wish the airborne arrived earlier, say around 5 cp's, and the greyhound was tweaked to be a CoH1 Stuart-esque unit-- maybe a little biased about that last part. :3

well, the stuart was a canister shot beast too. It was even stronger i remember.
24 Feb 2015, 08:00 AM

Why are you still arguing? We have the answer...
Nerf one shot potential of the canister and buff it's gun a bit. End of story.
24 Feb 2015, 08:27 AM

Rifle gives you: a easy to avoid smoke barrage that only damages infantry and doesn't actually kill them, flamers (which are very RNG based), and a fast way to burn away all your MP. To top this all off you get the Easy Eight, and if regular shermans are getting you nowhere neither will the easy 8.

If you can micro, a Scott/Jackson combo is far better.

Infantry is far more viable, you get excellent indirect in the form of the priest, sandbags, and very powerful 360 suppression LMG's you don't need to pay to unlock.

Probably the first time I have to agree with you on the balance forum (at least partially). Best USF commander in 4vs4 by far imo. And I don't even use the greyhound, forwarded vision (when it works) + IR pathfinders + reco run pay the commander if you use it well.
24 Feb 2015, 09:22 AM

It's the second best USF commander in the game behind airborne.

Nice one! :clap:

Commanders better than Recon:
Airborne, Rifle, Infantry, Mechanized Company.

- increased sight for Rifles. What's the point if you have pathfinders?
- Pathfinder. No fighting abilities. No scope to snipe. Only barrage for 140 muni. Useful agasint OKW' trucks or vs shitty opponent who is not watching his units.
- Greyhound - the only unit that makes this commander a bit useful
- Recon.
- 2x Paras + decrewed 57mm. At 9CPs your unvetted Paras are going to be useless vs vetted Obers or Falsch.

Even Mechanized is better - it's quite awesome by the way.
-Dodge - hard counter for Kubel, great unit to flank support, drive behind lines and catch truck during transformation.
- Pull back vehicles and get 75% resources. Best ability of this commander. Did you hard countered kubel? Pull back Dodge, get back resources. Do you see 251 Flak? Hard counter with Stuart or take AA truck. Late game is coming and Sturat has no place any more? Pull it back and take Sherman. Did you wiped few squads? Panther is coming? Changing for Jackson. Is ability is amazing.
- Halftrack with assault engi. The worst ability but still damn useful. You can get mines, flamers and still pull back truck to get back resources.
- Recon
- 155mm barrage. Very quick, perfect agasint OKW' trucks, you don't need to get close like IR Pathfinders.
Right know it's my favourite commander cause you can afford to get hard counter all the time and then just pull it back.

If you are going for Recon, you are going to rely on Greyhound. If you lose it, it's probably GG.
If your Greyhound won't finish the game before 15min it's gg.
It's all about killing your enemy as fast as you can.

And stop saying about this "amazing" Priest. Stuka is better, RNG unit, after first shell very easy to avoid and in 1v1 Priest has no place. Only team games.
24 Feb 2015, 16:02 PM

Nice one! :clap:

Commanders better than Recon:
Airborne, Rifle, Infantry, Mechanized Company.

- increased sight for Rifles. What's the point if you have pathfinders?
- Pathfinder. No fighting abilities. No scope to snipe. Only barrage for 140 muni. Useful agasint OKW' trucks or vs shitty opponent who is not watching his units.
- Greyhound - the only unit that makes this commander a bit useful
- Recon.
- 2x Paras + decrewed 57mm. At 9CPs your unvetted Paras are going to be useless vs vetted Obers or Falsch.

Even Mechanized is better - it's quite awesome by the way.
-Dodge - hard counter for Kubel, great unit to flank support, drive behind lines and catch truck during transformation.
- Pull back vehicles and get 75% resources. Best ability of this commander. Did you hard countered kubel? Pull back Dodge, get back resources. Do you see 251 Flak? Hard counter with Stuart or take AA truck. Late game is coming and Sturat has no place any more? Pull it back and take Sherman. Did you wiped few squads? Panther is coming? Changing for Jackson. Is ability is amazing.
- Halftrack with assault engi. The worst ability but still damn useful. You can get mines, flamers and still pull back truck to get back resources.
- Recon
- 155mm barrage. Very quick, perfect agasint OKW' trucks, you don't need to get close like IR Pathfinders.
Right know it's my favourite commander cause you can afford to get hard counter all the time and then just pull it back.

If you are going for Recon, you are going to rely on Greyhound. If you lose it, it's probably GG.
If your Greyhound won't finish the game before 15min it's gg.
It's all about killing your enemy as fast as you can.

And stop saying about this "amazing" Priest. Stuka is better, RNG unit, after first shell very easy to avoid and in 1v1 Priest has no place. Only team games.

You can't have path finders every were and you only need to be in cover/building for you Rifles to get the sight bonus, which is a big deal if you combine it with rear's in FP's and rifles supporting .50 cal's. The IR Artillery comes in faster than the 155 barrage and does more damage, while also having less spread, and it comes from a mobile unit that can cloak.

The greyhound can easily stay viable late game with it's speed and sight, it just becomes more of a support vehicle that you keep with your infantry and tanks to help clear out blobs. The two paras and 1 AT aren't obviously optimal, but if your floating MP instantly getting 2 airborne squads and an AT is a pretty big deal.

Mechanized is literal garbage, Rifle is as I said, a noob trap that exists to trick people out of their munitions, fuel and MP. And your constant insistence that the priest which is a mobile howitzer is terrible basically means you have never, ever used one. Don't sit it in your base, sit it behind your front line and there is 0 chance he will be able to avoid the shells 100% of the time. Also just force a retreat and bombard his Medi HQ and you can wipe several squads easy.

USF is a micro intensive faction, but if you play well literally the only thing that can stop you is a KT.
24 Feb 2015, 16:06 PM

But its not punishing blobs, its simply wiping a single, complete squad.

So its greatly nerfed and only a shadow of what it was in CoH1.
In CoH1 it wiped whole armies, here it is a single squad if it lands perfect hit.

Hey, it allowed me to stay for 40 mins against Jesulin in 1v1 :megusta:
But yea, greyhound window of opportunity is extremely thin, it arrives around the same time you can pump Puma(100% hardcounter) out and about the same time as 222, which costs half as much and tears it a new one(because light armored car with 20mm gun apparently is more powerful then pretty darn well armored car with 37mm gun).
24 Feb 2015, 16:17 PM

You can't have path finders every were and you only need to be in cover/building for you Rifles to get the sight bonus, which is a big deal if you combine it with rear's in FP's and rifles supporting .50 cal's. The IR Artillery comes in faster than the 155 barrage and does more damage, while also having less spread, and it comes from a mobile unit that can cloak.

The greyhound can easily stay viable late game with it's speed and sight, it just becomes more of a support vehicle that you keep with your infantry and tanks to help clear out blobs. The two paras and 1 AT aren't obviously optimal, but if your floating MP instantly getting 2 airborne squads and an AT is a pretty big deal.

Mechanized is literal garbage, Rifle is as I said, a noob trap that exists to trick people out of their munitions, fuel and MP. And your constant insistence that the priest which is a mobile howitzer is terrible basically means you have never, ever used one. Don't sit it in your base, sit it behind your front line and there is 0 chance he will be able to avoid the shells 100% of the time. Also just force a retreat and bombard his Medi HQ and you can wipe several squads easy.

I guess you missed a part somehwere here when I said, I killed Elephnat with Priests.
"Mechanized is garbage..." I could also say Recon is a garbage.
Greyhound and nothing more. You are trying to say that Paras drop is helpful. But it's not. By this time vetted Obers will wipe them.
And again, try Priests in 1v1. Then we will talk. Or upload a replay of 1v1 game where your Priest is shining.

USF is a micro intensive faction, but if you play well literally the only thing that can stop you is a KT.
24 Feb 2015, 16:26 PM

I love mechanized commander, Dodge just shuts down early Kubel play plain and simple. The refit ability is lesser known but its wonderful to get your resources back, sometimes I call in Assault Engineers, hop them out and refund the HT.
24 Feb 2015, 16:34 PM

I go for Recon support just for the Grayhound.
I love collecting OKW tears.

The canister shot is the only thing that makes it worthwhile.
24 Feb 2015, 16:38 PM

I guess you missed a part somehwere here when I said, I killed Elephnat with Priests.
"Mechanized is garbage..." I could also say Recon is a garbage.
Greyhound and nothing more. You are trying to say that Paras drop is helpful. But it's not. By this time vetted Obers will wipe them.
And again, try Priests in 1v1. Then we will talk. Or upload a replay of 1v1 game where your Priest is shining.

You know what will wipe vetted Obers? Literally any tank in the game, sorry dude but you whine about Obers in every single thread and it's getting a tad stale. It's a 4 man squad, a Scott can wipe it instantly ;)

I love mechanized commander, Dodge just shuts down early Kubel play plain and simple. The refit ability is lesser known but its wonderful to get your resources back, sometimes I call in Assault Engineers, hop them out and refund the HT.

If you opponent gets in a building or you even get close to a Sturm squad your Dodge is going to die very fast. It's just not worth it when you could spend the fuel on other things, the withdraw and refit ability is cool but unless you like using Stuarts I don't see why you would ever want to use it. Every USF vehicle works well throughout the game, the M20 can keep laying mines and doing recon, the AA HT can kite and kill infantry, the Scott and Jackson still do their jobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 36
Germany 10
unknown 3
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L