Login

russian armor

Nerf Greyhound Canister Shot

25 Feb 2015, 03:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 22:17 PMGhostTX
FFS, nerf a single, dedicated commander unit when both OST and OKW have COMMON squad wiping grenades for less muni? Oh gee...ya...USF is OP.

Yeah but I honestly doubt canister shot is intentionally this good and that's what the nerf is really about.
25 Feb 2015, 08:42 AM

Yeah but I honestly doubt canister shot is intentionally this good and that's what the nerf is really about.

If it wasn't intentionally this good, it wouldn't get this crit.
25 Feb 2015, 15:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 08:42 AMKatitof

If it wasn't intentionally this good, it wouldn't get this crit.

If it wasn't intentiollay done, SwS wouldn't have had from the beggining neither infantry crush or building crush, and so many other bad design things.
25 Feb 2015, 18:22 PM

I don't think this type of ability should be in the game, regardless of how strong it is.

In what universe does this contribute to the quality of CoH? It exists along side what is possibly the greatest gameplay mechanic in the history of RTS. Suppression.
25 Feb 2015, 18:54 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 18:22 PMswiffy
I don't think this type of ability should be in the game, regardless of how strong it is.

In what universe does this contribute to the quality of CoH? It exists along side what is possibly the greatest gameplay mechanic in the history of RTS. Suppression.

Normally i would agree.

But units likes OBers exist

an evil must defeat another :snfPeter:
25 Feb 2015, 19:18 PM

Permanently Banned

Normally i would agree.

But units likes OBers exist

an evil must defeat another :snfPeter:

No everything must be fixed, keeping bullshit because some other OP in the game exists is a shit argument that I'm tired of seeing everywhere. Relic is shit at balance, so it will never stop. Endless cycle of bullshit. Atleast Obers don't autowipe squads 80-90% of the time upon contact.
25 Feb 2015, 19:44 PM

No everything must be fixed, keeping bullshit because some other OP in the game exists is a shit argument that I'm tired of seeing everywhere. Relic is shit at balance, so it will never stop. Endless cycle of bullshit. Atleast Obers don't autowipe squads 80-90% of the time upon contact.

Ya, but Obers aren't as fragile and can eventually kill tanks, too. Greyhound can do that?

Again, the complaint of one SPECIAL unit versus the OP nature of a COMMON unit. GFAB.
25 Feb 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 19:44 PMGhostTX

Ya, but Obers aren't as fragile and can eventually kill tanks, too. Greyhound can do that?

Again, the complaint of one SPECIAL unit versus the OP nature of a COMMON unit. GFAB.

wtf :guyokay:
25 Feb 2015, 20:09 PM

wtf :guyokay:

Are we talking Obersaldaten? Forgive me if I don't know all the shorthand. Or am I getting shrek upgrade mixed up with Volks?
25 Feb 2015, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 20:09 PMGhostTX

Are we talking Obersaldaten? Forgive me if I don't know all the shorthand. Or am I getting shrek upgrade mixed up with Volks?

Its volks. Welcome to the part of the game you apparently ignored.
25 Feb 2015, 20:15 PM

Its volks. Welcome to the part of the game you apparently ignored.

What's the difference then? Why take a anti-inf unit versus a light vehicle? See Greyhound, retreat, upgrade volks/vet up volks. They're more of a universal unit anywho.

Oh wait, you (not you you, in general you) play Axis and are just used to the Attack Move = win command.

However, I am impressed with your 2v2 USF stats. I'd like to know how you manage to get players that know how to work their units.
25 Feb 2015, 21:31 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 20:15 PMGhostTX

What's the difference then? Why take a anti-inf unit versus a light vehicle? See Greyhound, retreat, upgrade volks/vet up volks. They're more of a universal unit anywho.

Oh wait, you (not you you, in general you) play Axis and are just used to the Attack Move = win command.

However, I am impressed with your 2v2 USF stats. I'd like to know how you manage to get players that know how to work their units.
wtf, hiw does your mind process information. Your reply makes no sense
25 Feb 2015, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 20:15 PMGhostTX

wtf, hiw does your mind process information. Your reply makes no sense

Here's a breakdown:

Complaining about Obers getting killed by a med. vehicle when said inf unit can't kill said vehicle? Should retreat. Confront med. vehicle with inf unit (volks with shreks) that can kill the med. vehicle. Late game, vetted volks with shreks own everything.

[sarcasm]Attack move doesn't own everything in game, system must be broke.[/sarcasm]

[sincere]Your player card for USF 2v2 is a nice stat. How you maintain that is a curiosity since a bulk of USF team players are pretty noob.[/sincere]

26 Feb 2015, 00:02 AM

I think it can recieve a cost nerf (the performance is fine, it doesn't wipe squads that consistently) if the main gun is made into a usable flank weapon with great dps but poor penetration (so it can deal with infantry almost as well as the AAHT and really hurt tanks from the rear armor) or it recieves a fuel cost reduction. As it stands now, it exists for the canister shot, which CAN make you feel cheated, but definetely not as much as Rifle Grenades which are harder to detect in the heat of the battle and almost always deal far more damage over the game, even in a game where Greyhound and canister shot is used with abandon.

26 Feb 2015, 01:07 AM

I abuse this ability to the max when playing as US, nothing better than clicking to delete a vet Sturm/Obers squad trying to backcap. Works great against Paks too, just drive up as they try and rotate only to be turned into red paste mid action.

IR Arty is ridiculous, 140 muni and it two shots a OKW truck. I've even taken out Jagdpanzers before because the first shell will engine crit as they try and escape.
26 Feb 2015, 01:07 AM

Permanently Banned

Atleast Obers don't autowipe squads 80-90% of the time upon contact.

vet 5 :snfPeter:
26 Feb 2015, 06:49 AM

Yup, nerf it and reduce the fuel cost to 15, available at 2 CP. Right now it's absolute hit-or-miss garbage.
26 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 22:14 PMGhostTX

Complaining about Obers getting killed by a med. vehicle when said inf unit can't kill said vehicle? Should retreat. Confront med. vehicle with inf unit (volks with shreks) that can kill the med. vehicle. Late game, vetted volks with shreks own everything.

Thats a problem on volks passively forcing off armor a little too effectively. The ability to cause an auto retreat by merely being in sight range or risk losing the entire squad is stupid. Getting chased to your base even when you retreat only to be canister shotted in base wiping sometimes 2-3 squads is fucking ridiculous. Don't defend this bullshit.

vet 5 :snfPeter:

Obers don't have any bonuses at vet 5 other than sprint. The only thing that directly improves their killing power is the vet 2 bonuses, which still doesn't compare to the role up 1 click wipe ability. But I know you couldn't resist jumping on the "Nazi OP vet 5 nerf train"
26 Feb 2015, 18:59 PM

Can we fix the entire doctrine as a whole while were at it?
26 Feb 2015, 19:07 PM

yeah it should be nerfed. it is very imbalanced abiilty. The main gun could be buffed. The canister shot is a squad wiping machine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★