Login

russian armor

why hasn't OKW been nerfed yet?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
19 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

OKW has a MP float because they have nothing to spend it on.

No, OKW have MP float, because they don't have nearly as much attrition as any other army as their infantry scales defensively to the level of being overpowered compared to any other infantry survival in game.

You know there is something wrong when cheapest main line infantry got as much survivability as doctrinal specialized close range squad once it gets few vet stars.

Moreover OPsoldaten only widen the attrition gap because unless you blow then up with tanks, they will cause much more mp attrition then they will take, widening the MP difference even more.
19 Feb 2015, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 18:12 PMKatitof

No, OKW have MP float, because they don't have nearly as much attrition as any other army as their infantry scales defensively to the level of being overpowered compared to any other infantry survival in game.

You know there is something wrong when cheapest main line infantry got as much survivability as doctrinal specialized close range squad once it gets few vet stars.

Moreover OPsoldaten only widen the attrition gap because unless you blow then up with tanks, they will cause much more mp attrition then they will take, widening the MP difference even more.

None of the infantry vet scaling makes them take less damage from indirect fire. And the reason you have very little MP drain is because they don't have units that cost lots of MP, the most expensive MP only infantry unit is Obers (Not counting the ISG because who the fuck does). Volks are cheap and plentiful, but most of the time If I can get something else I do because relying on Volks isn't a good idea when your facing Shocks and Paras.

If OKW vehicles cost a lot more MP, then the OKW player spent the MP they would be getting less income due to filling up their popcap, meaning they would be hard pressed to replace losses (which is how OKW is supposed to work) due to reduced MP and fuel income.

For example if the Panther cost 800 MP but 140 fuel, I very much doubt you would see more Panthers, but I can assure you that you will see less infantry spam.
19 Feb 2015, 18:26 PM

Obers aren't even the problem. They have no AT capability and cost a hefty 400MP.....the issue is and always was Volks. Cheap, spammable, easy to vet, impossible to wipe, at Vet 4/5 they counter everything....Volks need to be looked at.
19 Feb 2015, 18:28 PM

Volks are an issue because they vet to fast with the Shrek. Take that away and they are just a 5 man gren squad with far worse AI ability.

If OKW had something to get other thank Volks, more players would, same can be said for USF to in regards to Rifles.
19 Feb 2015, 18:35 PM

dude I've in 2vs2's, never seen a panther in 10-12 minutes. :facepalm::S

First of all, READ, it;s not painful, really.
I said 11-11min Panther with his amazing idea to lower fuel and increase MP costs. Just read, follow whole conversation, then write.

Still, 12min Panther in 4v4 is a normal thing.
19 Feb 2015, 18:36 PM

Obers aren't even the problem. They have no AT capability and cost a hefty 400MP.....the issue is and always was Volks. Cheap, spammable, easy to vet, impossible to wipe, at Vet 4/5 they counter everything....Volks need to be looked at.

That's exactly what I've been talking about. Their synergy is broken. 1-2 Obers supported by a Panther is fine. 2 Obers followed by a horde of 4-5 schreckVolks is unstoppable, one rocket valley and your Sherman/Jackson/t34 is dead. And you can't simply "nerf" volks, unless you give them proper AT and snare.
19 Feb 2015, 18:42 PM

First of all, READ, it;s not painful, really.
I said 11-11min Panther with his amazing idea to lower fuel and increase MP costs. Just read, follow whole conversation, then write.

Still, 12min Panther in 4v4 is a normal thing.

Dude if your making infantry and t1 or t2 Vehicles your not going to have 800 MP ready to get a Panther that fast lol. The entire point is it's a trade off, if you want to rush it then your going to have basically no infantry which means it's going to probably be a game loss anyway.

The Panther is already fairly expensive, and it takes up a buttload of popcap, so 800 MP and 140 fuel down, that OKW player ain't making anything for a while.
19 Feb 2015, 18:43 PM
Patrion 14

CoH2 perfect before WFA? Rose tinted glasses detected. ISU was never balanced, it went from underperforming to meta-defining beastkiller in one patch. Double snipers + Guards were a nightmare for any Ostheer player, yes, including March 2014. Panther went from underpriced to overpriced, overbuffed to undernerfed. Blitzkrieg was nerfed to the ground then rebuffed against the explicit design intent (cf. tweet about rocket engines by Q Duffy). t34s were utter crap even for 80 fuel which was their cost at the time. Etc. etc.

It's like people talking about how CoH1 didn't have any blobs. Go play a game and you will see that Romulan Cloaking Device snipers and AWACS Wehr bikes and Panzer Elite zeal blobs are still very much alive and well.

All this doesn't excuse the balance clusterfuck that is WFA, but at this point it is pretty much enough to nerf the broken stuff and let the meta sort itself out. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound - now I wish Relic were to balance for team games first, and introduce even more factions, so at least OP shit can counter OP shit.
19 Feb 2015, 18:46 PM

OKW is supposed to be this all-in factions of over specialized units and hard counters, which is a great concept but when their core infantry unit is THE jack of all trades and a true master to boot...that's when I cite inconsistent faction design.
19 Feb 2015, 18:50 PM

OKW is supposed to be this all-in factions of over specialized units and hard counters, which is a great concept but when their core infantry unit is THE jack of all trades and a true master to boot...that's when I cite inconsistent faction design.

It's supposed to be based around unit preservation and small elite extremely well armed infantry units, but instead we get a fuel income/munitions income reduction and nothing else. OKW tanks should cost more MP in order to to help get rid of the MP bloat, while costing less fuel meaning you can actually have more choice in what tank you build, but you won't be able to replace it easily.

Then you have the problem with the fact OKW has 1 Indirect fire unit, which costs 100 fuel. Late war Germany used shitloads of artillery and the Battle of the Bulge involved a massive amount of artillery, why does OKW not have a Howitzer?
19 Feb 2015, 18:53 PM

Troll thought, why not swap stats and vet ability from Volks to Conscripts thus reflecting late 1944 armies. VG indeed were the true Conscripts while Soviet army had vet hardened troops.
19 Feb 2015, 18:56 PM

Holy cow.... No one is saying CoH1 or pre WFA CoH2 didn't have blobbing....it's the viability of blobbing and the intended counters that are completely out of alignment.

Even Brit and PE blobs had to fear Ostwinds and Flamer Roos....WFA blobs just engulf their intended counters like an ant swarm against a larger insect...
19 Feb 2015, 19:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Look!

I know you are all impatient for an MP patch. I understand that :)

Meanwhile, please stop trying to take huge bites out of each other? )(Otherwise, we may have to take huge bites out of your posts)

Back to topic

19 Feb 2015, 20:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Maybe they havent been nerfed yet because they're not as OP as everyone complains they are.
19 Feb 2015, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 20:20 PMBudwise
Maybe they havent been nerfed yet because they're not as OP as everyone complains they are.

Or maybe balance guy quitting had something to do with it?
19 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

There's still a chance for Inverse to apply...just sayin'..
19 Feb 2015, 20:38 PM

Because balance patches were so common before he quit :foreveralone:
19 Feb 2015, 21:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Inverse would be their worst nightmare. He'd actually insist things get fixed.
19 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 21:13 PMBudwise
Inverse would be their worst nightmare.

You have no idea.
19 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM

Troll thought, why not swap stats and vet ability from Volks to Conscripts thus reflecting late 1944 armies. VG indeed were the true Conscripts while Soviet army had vet hardened troops.

God forbid relic would put something historically accurate AND favoring allies :snfQuinn:
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS