Login

russian armor

why hasn't OKW been nerfed yet?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
19 Feb 2015, 10:09 AM
Patrion 14

Not sure where this thread is going. Muffin, clean up your act before I lock this abomination.
19 Feb 2015, 10:22 AM

Hey Muffin.
The reason why OKW hasn't been adjusted yet is there was no balance patch for almost 3 months now.
The reason why there was no balance patch for almost 3 months is Relic balance guy quitting his job, probably after realising what mess OKW is.
There is no hope anything will change soon. Just move on to other games or play 3v3 for fun. Make sure to pick Axis when you don't play with your team mates. Allies with ransoms are suicide right now.
19 Feb 2015, 10:23 AM

1 OKW fanboys
2 Lazy Relic
3 Fucking awesome design of this faction
Etc.
19 Feb 2015, 10:25 AM

Did the B4 get stealth nerfed? It got gun-destroyed twice in a game just then with no stukka dive bombs. The light arty barrage from assgren doctrine got a couple of hits and destroyed it outright. Second one went down to 1 glancing blow from light arty barrage + 1 direct hit from a walking stukka.

I think I'm taking counterattack out of my rotation now.
19 Feb 2015, 10:25 AM

make your playercard public and we'll talk

9/10 chance you're a okw fanboy, and in that case i'm not even going to bother talking

It's public now, I have no shame, I'm an average player, who mostly plays axis, but I play all factions except Ostheer because It's hard for me, kinda L2P issue. My best of all time Randumb 2v2 rank was with USF I think, so I'm not an OKW fanboy. My favorite factions are Soviets and OKW (One might argue that I play two of the most powerful factions, guess what? Yes I do, I'm an average player)

But, you are using fallacy in your arguments, just because you think I'm an OKW fanboy, you contradict me and anyone who has a different opinion no matter what (Well we are on the internet, that's normal).

When I start playing against a faction and I get my ass kicked, I start playing that faction to see if it's too easy to win, but I see that my problems are 90% L2P issues. It's always easier to blame/contradict others.

Again, I do acknowledge that OKW is kinda broken (not OP), but blaming OKW for everything is kinda ignorant. Feel free to ignore me if you like, or contradict me, I don't really care because this type of argument is pointless.
19 Feb 2015, 10:42 AM

check my playcard champ

Well, how to put it simply... you played 2 games with OKW aka you didn't play enough to get beaten by any allied faction in such way that you feel like throwing your computer through the window. You only experienced that, while playing the other factions. So untill you play more OKW than 2 games, I advise you to calm down.
I was in your shoes (but in the opposite way) supporting OKW all around, after that I played alot of random and with partner 2v2s as USF and soviets and these games changed my perspective.
I currently think OKW is a very easy-to-play faction compared to USF for instance, and require less game experience. Maybe its units are very powerfull (this fact being partially explained by their resources income) but there are a few units that need a touch. But I couldn't see this untill I intensively played the factions I "hated" before.
Currently I love USF faction as much I love OKW and Ostheer. <Whisper> .. still having some trouble with soviets but working on it.. ;)
19 Feb 2015, 11:36 AM

Why panzer 2, panzershrek, blob, aa truck tier, stuka trollfuss and obersoldaten still not nerfed?
19 Feb 2015, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 11:36 AMNEVEC
Why panzer 2, panzershrek, blob, aa truck tier, stuka trollfuss and obersoldaten still not nerfed?

Because they are balanced and stats say they are balanced at least in 1vs1. okw is a problem in teamgames where the ostheer is adding more fuel to the okw
19 Feb 2015, 13:06 PM

I still wonder who the hell gave OKW option to have King Tiger and Pak43. This combo is insane.
19 Feb 2015, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 12:18 PMJaigen

Because they are balanced and stats say they are balanced at least in 1vs1.

Ohoohoh ahahahha. ahah ahah. hahaha ha ha ha, they are balanced hahaha.
Obersoldaten, this bastards can come unsupported and wipe out everything on the field, vetted volks blob with panzershreks vs tanks is balanced.
Panzer 2 takes 3 shots from at gun or tank to be killed is fuking balanced and cost only 50 fuel.
Free aa canoon on T4 killing tanks and insta supressing infatry is balanced, oh really?
Walking stuka don't need a tech up, this is like give soviets/ost katusha or panzerwerfer in tier 1 at first minute.
Vet 5 sustem with massive and undeserved received accuracy bonuses is balanced.

This units is FAR from to be balanced, in 2v2 at least.
19 Feb 2015, 13:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

OKW is as OP as USF is OP.

Right now its

SOV>OKW

Soviets completely rek OKW early game with scout cars into T2 then lategame callins Literally counters the entire OKW army. Only way to lose as sov is get too greedy,or choke it away. Soviets are easily the strongest faction. They are the rockhard counter to OKW.

OKW>USF

Do I even need to go here. I literally dominated a guy a couple days ago on Kholodny Ferma when i started from right side,and then yesterday i was rematched with him on a better map/situation and he wiped the floor with me in 3 mins.(for perspective I lasted 6 against an OKW VindicareX on semoisky that same day)

All because early sturm rush on top kharkov cutoff is unbeatable if you have any sense. I will lose to complete morons on a consistent basis. one moron that had LITERALLY BLOBBED his entire force at me for 50 minute on Kharkov,and his retreat point was protected by KT/Pak43/Mg34s. Untouchable.

and i ended up losing after draining him to ~70 VP

USF>OST

Like OKW and USF....I will lose to people who clearly have shitty preservation and tactics. Feels like if my infs out of cover for 1 second they melt to combined rifle/bar/m1919 fire,(ESPECIALLY PIOS GAH how many pios have i lost to a blob in the past week)

However it doesnt work the other way until I get heavier weapons.
OST<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

But they are RESPECTABLE against sovs. But Old gripes are still there (BS SHOCKS,Demos,vulernabilty to con spam/M3 spam, and 120MM mortars wiping squads with a blink of an eye,CQB maps are awful)

Its like relic designed some matchups to be shittier than others just for variety or something.
19 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 12:18 PMJaigen

Because they are balanced and stats say they are balanced at least in 1vs1. okw is a problem in teamgames where the ostheer is adding more fuel to the okw

Obers are not balanced at all man, we discussed this so many times. But people, play Axis for now if you want to win, play Allies if you want a challenge in 2 v 2 or above.
19 Feb 2015, 14:24 PM

Permanently Banned
If OKW required minimal cerebral activity like the rest of the factions.

Many scrubs will leave due to lack of EZ wins
19 Feb 2015, 14:47 PM

Don't nerf OKW as long as Soviets are that powerfull or Ostheer is that weak.

As the other chaps said, OKW needs a rework, not a huge nerf.
19 Feb 2015, 15:31 PM

If OKW required minimal cerebral activity like the rest of the factions.

Many scrubs will leave due to lack of EZ wins

If that is THAT EASY, why don't you get into top 10 in a week? :snfBarton:
19 Feb 2015, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 15:31 PMPorygon

If that is THAT EASY, why don't you get into top 10 in a week? :snfBarton:

Since in 2v2+ mode there are so many ppl, it would take a lot of game to get into the top 100 for OKW, far more it would take for any other faction.
19 Feb 2015, 15:53 PM

Yeah, it's the other guy's fault.
19 Feb 2015, 16:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since in 2v2+ mode there are so many ppl, it would take a lot of game to get into the top 100 for OKW, far more it would take for any other faction.

Have a 70-80% W/L. No matter how many games and you are top100. ELO assigned during first games works in misterious ways.
19 Feb 2015, 16:54 PM
Donator 11

I find OKW OP is few things:

• Kubel. On some maps in can deny any fuel and hold you even for few minutes. Relic neferd RE volley fire because it is to punishing to retreat at the beggining, yet Relic kept Kubel with such ability :snfPeter:
  • Truck. Pushing out of the cover, suppress by Kubel, wipe by SP
  • Panther. In team games, 12min Panther is something normal. In 1v1 you can get it around 15-18min. OKW lacks of medium armor, but it's compensate by quick Panther so in fact you can't notice any inconvenience because of lack of medium. Panther should arrive around 20. This should come along with raketen buff. But it's not the biggest problem.
  • Obers. Double Obers wiping everything. No counter except armor. Lower long range dps to 15-16. Same for 1919.
  • Flak Base. It completely denies capping points in 1v1. Put it next to VP/ammo (north spawn) and whole battle will be around south spawn fuel.

This
19 Feb 2015, 16:58 PM

I still wonder who the hell gave OKW option to have King Tiger and Pak43. This combo is insane.

I wonder who the hell decided to give OKW no at but Shreks and a resource penalty making vehicle based AT impractical :snfPeter:

Did the B4 get stealth nerfed? It got gun-destroyed twice in a game just then with no stukka dive bombs. The light arty barrage from assgren doctrine got a couple of hits and destroyed it outright. Second one went down to 1 glancing blow from light arty barrage + 1 direct hit from a walking stukka.

I think I'm taking counterattack out of my rotation now.

I wouldn't considering that the For Mother Russia buff makes it so all you need to do is spend 100 munti and turn your shock troops into sanic speed turbo obers. Also have you tried using Oorah during For Mother Russia? Enjoy your warp speed conscripts.

Also the B4 does 1440 damage when at vet 3 combined with For Mother Russia, which is enough to 1 shot any tank in the game :)
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
unknown 25
Germany 464
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L