Login

russian armor

why hasn't OKW been nerfed yet?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
19 Feb 2015, 06:36 AM

pls give reason
19 Feb 2015, 06:38 AM

Because there hasn't been a patch for a long time.
19 Feb 2015, 06:41 AM

why no patcherino? i make money off playing coh2 profesionally

my babushka said
muffin, pls go to ameriki and play coh2 to get win money
i play game, and i win money to give babushka headscarf, very cold in motherland babushka need headscarf

now okw is released i cannot win game, babushka head freeze

pls relic
19 Feb 2015, 06:44 AM

Use yer Counterattack Tactics to roll over the enemy, or use the powah of teh mighty IS-2.

Babushka will become proud seeing the might of the soviet union one shot everything.
19 Feb 2015, 06:48 AM

Because nerfing OKW is like removing them from 1v1 forever.
19 Feb 2015, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 06:48 AMPorygon
Because nerfing OKW is like removing them from 1v1 forever.

is that a bad thing? i mean the roman empire nerfed jesus

and after he was gone no one complained about imba stuff like water turning into wine, or walking on water again

and in turn that made the vinyards and shipwrights happy again...and they stopped complaining to the forums..
maybe we just need to lay OKW to rest, y'know? he'll be a martyr, and gain a strong following in the coming years... and maybe he'll even come back in a century or two. but for now, he needs to be nerfed for EVERYONE'S sins
19 Feb 2015, 07:41 AM

Because 3/4s of the game would leave... Because no more easy wins...
19 Feb 2015, 08:07 AM

Relic need one easy side for noobs. And yes, i play OKW also. :foreveralone:

Problem is perfect design. OKW have in base army best stock infantry (Volks), best elite infantry (SS), best arty-vehicle (Stuka, Sturm), best light tank (Luchs), best TD (Panter and JgPzIV. Lacks medium armors mean only 4 min. window and it is problem only in 1v1.

Ehm and heavy Konigs Tiger. OKW dont need Commnaders. ;)

PS: i love OKW and sometimes it is very hard play versus good soviets
19 Feb 2015, 08:33 AM

I'm gonna be "that guy" and say this: Stop blaming OKW for every god damn thing. They sure have balance issues, but it's not like that the faction is single handedly ruining the game. I might be biased though because I mostly play 1v1 and 2v2. In 3s and 4s because of the huge fuel income, things might be different.

Bottom line, "nerfing" is not the answer and this has been discussed before in countless threads.

Ow, and regarding the your OP, I think that you've lost a 4v4 game against axis and just wanted to let it out of your system.
19 Feb 2015, 08:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Because OKW should be reworked, not nerfed (although the easy way is in fact to nerf )
19 Feb 2015, 09:04 AM

I can't wait for next patch to be announced....
19 Feb 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 08:33 AMRMMLz

Ow, and regarding the your OP, I think that you've lost a 4v4 game against axis and just wanted to let it out of your system.

lol fuck you buddy

i only play 1v1s. check my playcard champ

and i was playing soviets, i had map control the entire game. then OKW puts up his flak halftrack and slows the game down completely. spams redicious call-in infantry and gets them all vet 5 because large squadsize soviet units. then he caps the entire map and spams panthers.

would you like a replay, mate?
19 Feb 2015, 09:36 AM

lol fuck you buddy

and i was playing soviets, i had map control the entire game. then OKW puts up his flak halftrack and slows the game down completely. spams redicious call-in infantry and gets them all vet 5 because large squadsize soviet units. then he caps the entire map and spams panthers.

I am only noob, but i never can spam Panthers as OKW. :snfCHVGame:
And i think, OKW in 1v1 is harder then in team games.

PS: we dont see your playercard, you must switch it from private
19 Feb 2015, 09:40 AM

lol fuck you buddy

Wow I see a lot of anger and hate here, chill mate we are on the same team here. I could not find your player card so I guessed you've just lost a 4v4, I've made a mistake then. And I'm not the one to judge you by your replay, but you can always upload it and ask Strategists to point out your mistakes, even the best players make mistakes don't you agree?

I myself think Soviet is the strongest faction against OKW (some people believe Soviets are the best faction in general). Maybe you lost because of the map, because most of balance issues are because of unbalanced maps, OKW can easily lock down sectors early game (e.g Semosiky summer KubleRush), on the other hand Soviets destroy every thing with their CQC units.

I don't want to start arguing about the balance because there are a lot of good thread here, and even if we rip off each others throats, Relic is gonna take their time and work on their future balance patch which we know nothing about. My point is, the problem is OKW is not about OP units, it's about the synergy between them, and it's mostly about the Schreck blob. Simply "nerfing" them will remove the whole faction from the game. I'm just frustrated to see that every topic is about "NERF DIS NERF DAT".

As mentioned, it's about the synergy, and lack of other viable options for them not them being OP, broken is more like it. That's my opinion though.
19 Feb 2015, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 09:40 AMRMMLz

Wow I see a lot of anger and hate here, chill mate we are on the same team here. I could not find your player card so I guessed you've just lost a 4v4, I've made a mistake then. And I'm not the one to judge you by your replay, but you can always upload it and ask Strategists to point out your mistakes, even the best players make mistakes don't you agree?

I myself think Soviet is the strongest faction against OKW (some people believe Soviets are the best faction in general). Maybe you lost because of the map, because most of balance issues are because of unbalanced maps, OKW can easily lock down sectors early game (e.g Semosiky summer KubleRush), on the other hand Soviets destroy every thing with their CQC units.

I don't want to start arguing about the balance because there are a lot of good thread here, and even if we rip off each others throats, Relic is gonna take their time and work on their future balance patch which we know nothing about. My point is, the problem is OKW is not about OP units, it's about the synergy between them, and it's mostly about the Schreck blob. Simply "nerfing" them will remove the whole faction from the game. I'm just frustrated to see that every topic is about "NERF DIS NERF DAT".

As mentioned, it's about the synergy, and lack of other viable options for them not them being OP, broken is more like it. That's my opinion though.

make your playercard public and we'll talk

9/10 chance you're a okw fanboy, and in that case i'm not even going to bother talking
19 Feb 2015, 09:54 AM

I find OKW OP is few things:

• Kubel. On some maps in can deny any fuel and hold you even for few minutes. Relic neferd RE volley fire because it is to punishing to retreat at the beggining, yet Relic kept Kubel with such ability :snfPeter:
  • Truck. Pushing out of the cover, suppress by Kubel, wipe by SP
  • Panther. In team games, 12min Panther is something normal. In 1v1 you can get it around 15-18min. OKW lacks of medium armor, but it's compensate by quick Panther so in fact you can't notice any inconvenience because of lack of medium. Panther should arrive around 20. This should come along with raketen buff. But it's not the biggest problem.
  • Obers. Double Obers wiping everything. No counter except armor. Lower long range dps to 15-16. Same for 1919.
  • Flak Base. It completely denies capping points in 1v1. Put it next to VP/ammo (north spawn) and whole battle will be around south spawn fuel.
19 Feb 2015, 10:01 AM

pls give reason

You have never played OKW, that's why!
19 Feb 2015, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 10:01 AMAladdin

You have never played OKW, that's why!

i don't find winning without any competition fun, hence why when i realised the true AIDS of OKW i never played it again
19 Feb 2015, 10:08 AM

i don't find winning without any competition fun, hence why when i realised the true AIDS of OKW i never played it again

OKW in 1v1 is not as easy, as you imagine.

And my advice, play all sides, if you want improve your overal skill. You must know strong and weak sides off every faction.

PS: and honor for you, for show your player card. Many "heroes" here, dont do it.
19 Feb 2015, 10:09 AM

You played only two ranked games (1 lost, 1 win), go play some games, see if it really needs nerf. then come suggest such
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS