Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
14 Apr 2015, 23:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The problem is that the 34 has all the weakness's of the 42 but none of the strengths. It should just do a lot more damage with less suppression or possibly faster swivel and reload speed.

The model for a unit shouldn't be "Like that other unit exactly, but shit"

I'd complain about it myself if they weren't fine, but they pretty much are so I really wouldn't be into major changes for em'.
14 Apr 2015, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 23:19 PMVuther

I'd complain about it myself if they weren't fine, but they pretty much are so I really wouldn't be into major changes for em'.

You don't need major changes, bring it up to 240 MP and just adjust the damage or accuracy so while it may not do much suppression is can actually kill shit. Right now it's just used because OKW has literally nothing else.
15 Apr 2015, 00:12 AM

Permanently Banned
The mg34 should just have fast turn speed, or just increase cost and buff stats.
15 Apr 2015, 00:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You don't need major changes, bring it up to 240 MP and just adjust the damage or accuracy so while it may not do much suppression is can actually kill shit. Right now it's just used because OKW has literally nothing else.

I dunno man, I'd rather have them faster on the cheap. Really don't want enough changed to them to justify a cost increase, really like how they generally are.
15 Apr 2015, 01:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 07:54 AMiceman
Dear Relic,

The MG42 was the most superior MG in WW2. One MG can shoot 1200 to 1500 rpm. This is massive supression from ONE gun! COH2's current state of the MG42 has a horrible suppression rate, why is this, dont tell me to make 2 MG42s when the allies MGs the Maxim, the DShk and the 50-Caliber suppress almost immediately with a single MG. Please update the MG42 to a more realistic suppression MG like in WW2 and to shred infantry.

Few notes:

MG42 -
The MG 42 has a proven record of reliability, durability, simplicity, and ease of operation, but is most notable for its ability to produce a high volume of suppressive fire. The MG 42 had one of the highest average cyclic rate of any single-barreled man-portable machine gun: between 1,200 and 1,500 rpm, which results in a distinctive muzzle report.

Maxim - estimated 850 round/min

DShK - estimated 600 rounds/min

50 caliber - estimated 450–600 rpm

I appreciate your time.

Thank You,

ICE

I got bad news- horrible news- the MG42 wasn't that special.

Yes, to be blunt, it was good. It was inexpensive to produce and light, but that's about where it's perks end. It's fanatical rate of fire lead to issues where it would literally eat itself alive. There's fundamentally no good way to engineer a gun firing 1500 rounds a minute to properly seat each round. Sometimes it missfires and destroys the barrel, sometimes it missfires and it's junked. And that rate of fire? Irrelevant. 600 rounds per minute firing at you, 1500 rounds per minute firing at you. You know as well as I do that the difference is irrelevant, you're hitting the dirt regardless.

In COH2 the MG42 is fine. It doesn't have comparable suppression values to the Maxim or the M2 (I'd have to look up it's tables but what I've seen is that it's entirely forgettable and almost insulting to the real gun) because it's suppression area is much larger. Only the worst kind of blobber will be stopped dead by maxim crews.

The only real issue with the MG42 is the broken incendiary rounds ability. Why the fuck is it time based? Between that and the mandatory reload it triggers when activated, you're basically making a useless ability that fights against itself.
15 Apr 2015, 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 01:03 AMacosn
The only real issue with the MG42 is the broken incendiary rounds ability. Why the fuck is it time based? Between that and the mandatory reload it triggers when activated, you're basically making a useless ability that fights against itself.

Probably because it has no buff indicator, so if it wasn't time-based, HMG42s could surprise light vehicles pretty hard.

I'd be quite happy with it getting a buff indicator and at least not making it get canceled from packing up, it's pretty unlikely to get used against USF because of that when they're going to have to be packing up a lot to deal with all of the smoke.
15 Apr 2015, 03:05 AM

Permanently Banned
The mg34 should just have fast turn speed, or just increase cost and buff stats.

The unit is fine
15 Apr 2015, 04:01 AM

The unit is fine

It could use a small buff, but it shouldn't be equal to the MG42.
15 Apr 2015, 04:07 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 04:01 AMLow0dds

It could use a small buff, but it shouldn't be equal to the MG42.

No

It cost 210 mp and suppresses

Nothing else more u need
15 Apr 2015, 04:38 AM

No

It cost 210 mp and suppresses

Nothing else more u need

Yes

It could use a small buff. Especially to its suppression ability. It needs to be used in pairs because it fairs so poorly against charging units. USA blobbers like yourself have a field day against it. Hence your opinion on it being fine. :p
15 Apr 2015, 04:41 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 04:38 AMLow0dds

Yes

It could use a small buff. Especially to its suppression ability. It needs to be used in pairs because it fairs so poorly against charging units. USA blobbers like yourself have a field day against it. Hence your opinion on it being fine. :p

Thanks for amusing im a blobber

since ur a team game axis hero, it makes sense that u want ur comp stomps to be eaier
15 Apr 2015, 04:53 AM

Thanks for amusing im a blobber

since ur a team game axis hero, it makes sense that u want ur comp stomps to be eaier

No need to start trolling Queen. I know the truth hurts sometimes. Now everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I do indeed love me some team game raping. And we all know you love your USA lmg blob. Now give us a kiss.

15 Apr 2015, 04:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 04:38 AMLow0dds

Yes

HMG42s can't hold off units already shooting at it, why would a 30MP cheaper HMG do so?
15 Apr 2015, 04:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 04:54 AMVuther

HMG42s can't hold off units already shooting at it, why would a 30MP cheaper HMG do so?

Who said anything about holding off units? I am talking about suppressing them so that supporting units can handle the killing.
15 Apr 2015, 07:25 AM

Because its cheap and strong and is intended to be used defensively. It might be too good if you could position them offensivley easily (like used to be the case).

The timer last longer than the bursts. Your supposed to scout for when danger is coming and activate it with plenty of time.
15 Apr 2015, 08:39 AM

I got bad news- horrible news- the MG42 wasn't that special.

Yes, to be blunt, it was good. It was inexpensive to produce and light, but that's about where it's perks end. It's fanatical rate of fire lead to issues where it would literally eat itself alive. There's fundamentally no good way to engineer a gun firing 1500 rounds a minute to properly seat each round. Sometimes it missfires and destroys the barrel, sometimes it missfires and it's junked. And that rate of fire? Irrelevant. 600 rounds per minute firing at you, 1500 rounds per minute firing at you. You know as well as I do that the difference is irrelevant, you're hitting the dirt regardless.

In COH2 the MG42 is fine. It doesn't have comparable suppression values to the Maxim or the M2 (I'd have to look up it's tables but what I've seen is that it's entirely forgettable and almost insulting to the real gun) because it's suppression area is much larger. Only the worst kind of blobber will be stopped dead by maxim crews.

Still the best MG in WW2 hands down, and still doesn't change a thing what I stated.
15 Apr 2015, 08:43 AM

Sure the HMG34 is meant to be weaker than the MG42, it is also 30 manpower cheaper, but 30 manpower is not a lot. The effectiveness difference seems a lot bigger than the price difference would justify.

It needs like 3 full bursts to supress a unit, which is so long that if you really want to rely on the unit you need two of them together all the time. Then it is not cheap anymore though.
15 Apr 2015, 10:19 AM
15 Apr 2015, 11:05 AM

The design of OKW is to more easily hold a smaller section of the map (Forward retreat, Schwer HQ etc), and struggle with the extreme flanks slightly.

Kind of like Werh design, except more extreme.

MGs and mortars both help attack/hold territory away from your main front line, which is why they are missing or weakened for the OKW.

The ISG field gun, follows this. It works well near your main front line and base forward buildings. It does not work so well to assault away from your main front line.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS