Login

russian armor

USF is a fun faction to play...

17 Feb 2015, 08:11 AM

The USF is perhaps one of the best for an Aggressive play, campers need not apply. They need to seize the early game Initiative hard and keep pushing never stopping to "sure up the flanks" and dig in.

The bend and not break mentality means that you should never have your units in a blob, they are used in mutual support of each other popping smoke and fragging targets.

The USF relies on Grenades and smoke to minimise early casualties and keep the offensive going till you are on your foes doorstep. They are not viable late game unless the Axis are bad, end it fast, hit em hard.

That's why they're built the way they are, if the Riflemen were any better or worse they'd be game breaking. Also going over 3 Rifles is stupid and you should probably stick with OKW.

The Ideal Rifleman build is 3 > Lieutenant/Captain with MG's and support teams to cover your bases. Using excess MP to build Fuel so you BEAT the Axis to tanks gaining the advantage, push infantry up and use the tank in Infantry support behind the Infantry as American Tanks were intended to do.

Sorry for the long post but I absolutely love the USF as a faction, they're the most predictable yet versatile force in the game (and are built around their doctrines.)
17 Feb 2015, 08:32 AM

USF could do with another base unit. Maybe a small three man scout team or something, or a fragile two-man .30 cal MG team.

Imo the .30 Cal should have been the stock MG and the M2 a doctrine call-in.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 04:46 AMPorygon
If you still use Jacksons as throw-away flanker, you deserve to lose, L2P.

Jacksons attack head on, "You're supposed to flank". Jacksons flank, "L2P". Just like OKW late-game, you cannot win :snfPeter:
17 Feb 2015, 11:20 AM

Jacksons attack head on, "You're supposed to flank". Jacksons flank, "L2P". Just like OKW late-game, you cannot win :snfPeter:

The Jackson is a Sniper as such it's not really meant to flank, that's more the Sherman or M10's Schtick. Unfortunately the Tanks it can't Penetrate from the front (Panther, King Tiger) are the ones it goes up against most. This means many new players get confused about how to employ it, it's situational, unlike most of the German stuff.
17 Feb 2015, 11:34 AM
Patrion 14

usf most fun faction for me.
17 Feb 2015, 13:16 PM

I find them realy nice vs whermacht, but vs OKW it is so buring, because you need to win in the early game our you get a hell of a match in which the only thing you do is losing tanks and squads. (US late game)
17 Feb 2015, 14:01 PM

After playing some 4v4 games as soviets I find it easier to play as USF because their stock infantry actually do their job very well. This result in relatively easy endgame (unless I totally screwed up something)
17 Feb 2015, 23:18 PM
Donator 11

If only rear echalon could place AT mines
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment