Login

russian armor

Ostheer: What is to be done?

PAGES (19)down
17 Feb 2015, 22:02 PM

Wait so how is the inclusion of the Jadgpanther, a unit which Ostheer sorely needs

Need?
Need against what?
Against mediums, you have superior mediums, AT guns, shrecks and stugs if you like them, against heavies you have your own heavies, panther, PaK43 and elephant.

Ost doesn't need it at all, because it already got all the hardcounters for all allied armor it needs both doctrinal and stock.

And argument "because other armies have 60 range TD" won't go by, because other armies do not have panthers(bar OKW, but they are different can of worms).

Ost fills all possible AT niches except extremely light AT akin to PTRS/bazooka.
17 Feb 2015, 22:04 PM

Isnt that a centurion? A post war tank.

Mk 1 manufactured months before the war ended, deployed in germany. It counts.
17 Feb 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 22:02 PMKatitof

Need?
Need against what?
Against mediums, you have superior mediums, AT guns, shrecks and stugs if you like them, against heavies you have your own heavies, panther, PaK43 and elephant.

Ost doesn't need it at all, because it already got all the hardcounters for all allied armor it needs both doctrinal and stock.

And argument "because other armies have 60 range TD" won't go by, because other armies do not have panthers(bar OKW, but they are different can of worms).

Ost fills all possible AT niches except extremely light AT akin to PTRS/bazooka.

Show me an Ostheer player who uses StuG's and PIV's to counter enemy armor and I'll show you a player I'm about to make my bitch with Jacksons and AT grenades.

Both the Ostheer AT gun and Shrek Platform are extremely fragile, and can be wiped in literally one shot from the basic stock Allied tanks, especially in the case of Pgrens when you can just crush them easily. And in the current ultra-commander dependent meta there isn't a single good Ostheer commander with the Pak43, and a Tiger with support will always lose out to a IS2 with support, or more than a single KV1 with support.

So that leaves us with the Elefant, which is an excellent TD despite the draw backs of it's slow speed and low maneuverability, and the Panther which is gated behind a extremely costly tiering system.

The Jadgpanther (It should be a call in from a commander) would give Ostheer a dedicated medium/heavy leaning TD that while it lacks the shear range of an elefant, has more mobility and a better ROF allowing Ostheer more breathing room.
17 Feb 2015, 23:06 PM
Donator 11

I think he meant LeFH 105mm

Yes, I did.

Actually Fortune did not bother to get much armor, I think he got a stug or a p4 which I destroyed with my Jackson.

Fortune just saw I was using airborne and went for LeFH howitzer which I could not counter.
17 Feb 2015, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 22:02 PMKatitof

Need?
Need against what?

Need MOAR heavies, yea this should solve the problem with Osth. Are my sarcasm on point or not on your level yet lol?
17 Feb 2015, 23:54 PM

Need MOAR heavies, yea this should solve the problem with Osth. Are my sarcasm on point or not on your level yet lol?

To bad the only Ostheer heavy tank in the game is worse than the Soviet (with the exeption of the KV1) one despite costing the same :foreveralone:

The Jadgpanther is only marginally more heavy than the Regular Panther, and has no turret. If the Panther can exist why can't it's much cooler cousin.
18 Feb 2015, 00:22 AM

Just played a game, Ost vs USF 1v1, Crossing in the Woods.

Usf Lt walks straight into centre of mg42 firing arc and just snipes the gunner, mg doesn't even fire..

WTF.

After watching replay the gunner seems to be looking to the right not ahead. Is this a thing ?? The mg should fire first, surely.....

Same game, pio's laying wire in front of boxes at muni point and one dickhead gets trapped. After wire is finished the 3 remaining pio's teleport over wire and become trapped.

Game basically over at this point, so frustrating atm.
18 Feb 2015, 00:30 AM

Ass naders stug E until next patch
18 Feb 2015, 13:34 PM

I doubt relic will do anything much next patch on ostheer save tech costs,ull still be going gren-tiger and getting rolled by rifles and conspam.When IS next patch?
18 Feb 2015, 14:08 PM

The game should be balanced towards 2v2. It's the middle ground. The middle ground in which OpKW isn't completely out of control, USF and non-heavy armor Soviets are salvagable and where Ostheer is a very strong and versatile faction.

Stop whining.

Or go ahead, whine, get them to give Grenadiers 5 men or something, enjoy Company of Wehrmacht. Buff everything. Seriously, what kind of player can say that AT grenades are a counter to Panzer IV against anyone that is not a potato with a straight face and expect to be taken seriously?
18 Feb 2015, 19:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Isnt that a centurion? A post war tank.

It certainly looks like it - and it missed WWII by one month.
18 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM

The game should be balanced towards 2v2. It's the middle ground. The middle ground in which OpKW isn't completely out of control, USF and non-heavy armor Soviets are salvagable and where Ostheer is a very strong and versatile faction.

Stop whining.

Or go ahead, whine, get them to give Grenadiers 5 men or something, enjoy Company of Wehrmacht. Buff everything. Seriously, what kind of player can say that AT grenades are a counter to Panzer IV against anyone that is not a potato with a straight face and expect to be taken seriously?

It's not that the AT grenade itself counters the PIV, just that it will slow it down and allow you to very easily kill it. Most AT in the game for both factions isn't good unless you combine it with snares.
18 Feb 2015, 21:15 PM

It certainly looks like it - and it missed WWII by one month.

Missed the European theater by 1 month, but was ready for WWII as a whole by a whole three :D

(Four if you count treaty signing as the end of the war, which happened between the US & Japan in September.)

Yes I know I'm pushing it, but feth it, I want to see an allied fraction that's allowed a genuine scary heavy tank for a change. Stale fraction asymmetry is stale. At the very least, make sure the Comet is included, that saw combat and everything.
18 Feb 2015, 23:31 PM
Benefactor 115

Missed the European theater by 1 month, but was ready for WWII as a whole by a whole three :D

(Four if you count treaty signing as the end of the war, which happened between the US & Japan in September.)

Yes I know I'm pushing it, but feth it, I want to see an allied fraction that's allowed a genuine scary heavy tank for a change. Stale fraction asymmetry is stale. At the very least, make sure the Comet is included, that saw combat and everything.

Well if you really want to stretch it why not go to March 1991...

And the allies do have heavies, just not the Americans. The IS-2 is very scary.
19 Feb 2015, 19:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The Comet? Much more plausible ;)

The Tank, Cruiser, Comet I (A34) was a British cruiser tank that first saw use near the end of World War II. It was designed to provide greater anti-tank capability to Cromwell tank squadrons. It was armed with the 77mm HV which was effective against late war German tanks and a superior weapon to the 75mm KwK 42 gun of the Panther when firing APDS rounds.[2] As a development of the Cromwell, it was an interim design before the Centurion tank.
19 Feb 2015, 20:20 PM

To bad the only Ostheer heavy tank in the game is worse than the Soviet (with the exeption of the KV1) one despite costing the same :foreveralone:

The Jadgpanther is only marginally more heavy than the Regular Panther, and has no turret. If the Panther can exist why can't it's much cooler cousin.

Wrong.

You forgot the Ele.

:foreveralone:
19 Feb 2015, 20:35 PM

Wrong.

You forgot the Ele.

:foreveralone:

I actually love my Elefants, but they are not equivalent to the IS2 (with the Elefant being a heavy TD and all).
20 Feb 2015, 13:26 PM

5.panzergrenadier back to .80 recieved accuracy instead of current .87 which it was before inexplicapable renerf.

PGrens are fine, learn how to use them.
20 Feb 2015, 15:14 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 13:26 PMofield

PGrens are fine, learn how to use them.

I think its very map dependent and situational
20 Feb 2015, 15:39 PM

Show me an Ostheer player who uses StuG's and PIV's to counter enemy armor and I'll show you a player I'm about to make my bitch with Jacksons and AT grenades.

Both the Ostheer AT gun and Shrek Platform are extremely fragile, and can be wiped in literally one shot from the basic stock Allied tanks, especially in the case of Pgrens when you can just crush them easily. And in the current ultra-commander dependent meta there isn't a single good Ostheer commander with the Pak43, and a Tiger with support will always lose out to a IS2 with support, or more than a single KV1 with support.

So that leaves us with the Elefant, which is an excellent TD despite the draw backs of it's slow speed and low maneuverability, and the Panther which is gated behind a extremely costly tiering system.

The Jadgpanther (It should be a call in from a commander) would give Ostheer a dedicated medium/heavy leaning TD that while it lacks the shear range of an elefant, has more mobility and a better ROF allowing Ostheer more breathing room.

Loosing to IS2 is L2P issue most of the time. IS2 is not OMGWTFWUUUTGARDENYOURELIC unit. There are many useful commanders against IS2. My best is 9 secs to kill IS2 without Tiger or Elephnat. Bad Pak43 commanders? The one with Pak43, Command Pz4, smoke, railway arty is one of the best. Thanks to this commander I was able to kill IS2 in less than 10 secs.

Tiger + 2xPak40 is a killer against IS2. You dont have to even use your Tiger against it. Focus on support while Paks get veterancy, stun and finish.

Tiger + JU strike

Two very good doctrines with Elephant.
Countless with Tiger.
3 (I guess) with Pak43, one of them is great, two are decent.

And you are saying that Ost has no counter to IS2 except Elephant..

_____
OST needs one simple thing. Reduce Battle Phases costs, increase buildings costs so you can skip T3 and go for T4 without loosing resources. This would lead to Pz4 into Tiger, or Panther+doctrines without Tiger. Right now it's hard to live without Tiger.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS