Login

russian armor

The Jackson TD desperately needs smoke dischargers.

What is the best way to imrove this unit.
Option Distribution Votes
12%
21%
23%
33%
10%
Total votes: 98
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Feb 2015, 15:41 PM

Either that, or just increase it's sight by 30% at least. It's supposed to be a spammable, cheapass TD.

But it isn't exactly spammable, it is not that cheap and you will need multiple Jacksons to reliably hard counter tigers and even a panther.

For that purpose, it should either have a free Def Smoke ability(No Muni required), or a massive sight advantage.

EDIT: * Other ideas. [Explain and elaborate in your posts]

EDIT: The fourth option should be changed to " It's fine and doesn't need any such radical enhancements."
16 Feb 2015, 15:47 PM
Donator 33

The Jackson definitely does NOT need smoke or a "massive sight advantage".

Increase its penetration by 80 at long range and nerf damage to 160.

This way it is viable against heavies and doesn't deny OST T3 that much anymore.
16 Feb 2015, 15:47 PM

Either that, or just increase it's sight by 30% at least. It's supposed to be a spammable, cheapass TD.

It's not supposed to be spammable or cheap. It's supposed to be used in conjunction with other units for support. Requiring combined arms is good game design. Units that can solo a-move are the problem.

It's rather Tigers and Panthers that don't behave as they should. Also riflemen can't fill their support role mid to late game because they melt to enemy fire and become a huge mp drain.

Poll is also biased.
16 Feb 2015, 15:48 PM

Its an strong glass cannon, tho not really noob friendly.

The only way to change it would be to increase its hit points to 640 from 480, in exchange for a small RoF nerf.
16 Feb 2015, 15:54 PM

This way it is viable against heavies and doesn't deny OST T3 that much anymore.
Listen to this man. Nothing to add.
16 Feb 2015, 15:58 PM

Don't think so, 2 options in favor of enhancing the unit, 1 option opposing such enhancements and the last one is neutral.

@Raindrop: "You can't use it cuz u noob". That argument is BS bro.

It's supposed to be used in conjunction with other units for suppor

Such as? Zooks? :)

And by teching for that lackluster ATG, you are delaying your first jackson by 5 minutes at least.
16 Feb 2015, 16:00 PM

delete double post
16 Feb 2015, 16:08 PM
Donator 11

It def needs a pen boost, Decrease its damage but make it so it pens 1/2 not 1/8 times from the front armor. The jackson at vet 1 is trash and is hard to micro as its path finding often makes it turn around.

The panther and P4 can just blitz past all of your forces and kill it without loosing a tank
16 Feb 2015, 16:11 PM

I found the Jackson underpowered in 1vs1 when I was only playing that mod. Since I decided to play 4vs4 I get used to it and improve my micro with and now I have mixed feeling about it. Not OP, still RNG dependant but not that weak.

I guess you need to learn to use it, more than any other tank. I should give some new tries to 1vs1 now.

But still I think a payable smoke vet0 would not break the balance.
16 Feb 2015, 16:30 PM

Permanently Banned
30muni smoke ability would be great
16 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM

This one.
16 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM

Permanently Banned

This is the most ideal fix imo. Panzer IVs become viable again, and Jackson now has a better chance at dealing with OKW late game cheese. Everyone wins.
16 Feb 2015, 17:24 PM

More penetration,less damage.Turreted tank destroyer with smoke too tough at 240 dmg and dirt cheap price.
16 Feb 2015, 17:30 PM
Donator 11

It's pretty powerful as is. Smoke on a TD wouldn't feel right to me.
16 Feb 2015, 17:37 PM

More penetration,less damage.Turreted tank destroyer with smoke too tough at 240 dmg and dirt cheap price.

You've got something confused.
Puma is dirt cheap tank destroyer.
StuG is dirt cheap.
M10 is dirt cheap.
Jackson costs as much as best stock medium tank and I haven't seen you boasting about P4 being dirt cheap.
16 Feb 2015, 18:02 PM

Fuck that. The last thing this game needs is another skilless get-out-of-jail-free ability like so many units already have.

The jackson is one of the few USF units that requires some subtlety to use. If you're using them at the front lines where you need their own LoS to see tanks you're using them wrong.

I'd like to see it better against heavy armor and worse against mediums (they shut down ostheer T3 completely), so upping the penetration but lowering the fire rate could be good.
16 Feb 2015, 18:04 PM

If you gonna nerf the damage than USF needs Pershing Heavy Tank. Jackson only lacking in penetration and that is it.
16 Feb 2015, 18:05 PM

Jacksons are glass cannons, they need to be microed as such. The fact that they have a turret is already a huge advantage over the likes of the SU-85 and Jagdpanzer IV.
16 Feb 2015, 18:15 PM

It's the best TD in the game barring the heavy ones like the Jadgtiger and Elefant. All it needs fixing is a increase in ROF and a sharp decrease in damage.
16 Feb 2015, 18:20 PM

It's the best TD in the game barring the heavy ones like the Jadgtiger and Elefant. All it needs fixing is a increase in ROF and a sharp decrease in damage.

NO, we don't need to decrease the damage so Axis heavies can have more of a field day with medium armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Korea, Republic Of 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment