Login

russian armor

sWS Supply HT speed reduction

PAGES (8)down
9 Mar 2015, 16:49 PM

You know that is the text book definition of a straw man argument yes? I said I don't think it should be able to push, you can remove it's ability to push with how further nerfing it's health and durability!

You are being pretty dense no offence. Here is the deal, People are not upset about tank or light vehicles they cost something and generally put themselves more at risk. the hq trucks pushing are dumb because there are no staring fuasts to get rid of it on the allies side. It is also a free immediate map redesign tool that can get rid of cover you don't want. The most frustrating thing is how this truck can push however. Like you said earlier, Pushing disrupts the infantry making them do less dps. Truck push moving rifles or conscipts allow volks to win in a 1v1 situation which is completely unfair.

The next big reason is why the hell does OKW need a truck to spawn at the beginning? It should spawn when you have the fuel to upgrade it, there is literally no point in having it on the field before that other than to irritate players with truck crush.

I understand you don't like the idea of crush in general which I understand. However, your solution of getting rid of crush would amplify the blob problem immensely. Tanks can currently stop shrecks from wiping all tanks by moving them around, so for gameplay purposes its needed. Panzershreck blobs and zook blobs would be unstoppable by tanks period without crush. Just imagine two volk squads trying to kill a T34. Your expensive tech tank can fight against this now due to crush, however it would not without it (You'd never kill both squads in time to stop the volks from killing the tank).

So while tank crush can be silly, for gameplay it is currently fine with the exception being the free immediately spawning truck with plenty of health to win early game engagements.

Just like the OKW base flack emplacements, there is literally no reason to support hq truck pushing.
9 Mar 2015, 17:23 PM

You know that SP will wipe squad inside a building in a blink of an eye?

Well if your eyes takes like 15 seconds to blink... then yes, you will probably lose your garrisoned unit.

Its called micro, L2P
9 Mar 2015, 17:39 PM

Well if your eyes takes like 15 seconds to blink... then yes, you will probably lose your garrisoned unit.

Its called micro, L2P

So, run away from truck into building, get out of the build to run away from SP, get suppressed by Kubel, retreat. First engagement won by OKW.
9 Mar 2015, 17:46 PM

So, run away from truck into building, get out of the build to run away from SP, get suppressed by Kubel, retreat. First engagement won by OKW.

Man you must have a lot of problems as allies huh?

You know you can make more than 1 unit in the first 5 minutes, so while your first RE jumps in a building, your 90 second 2 rifleman come flanking and completely obliterate the lone SP, and if your lucky maybe kill his truck too.

Dont whine on the forums if your problem is lack of strategy.

Thats L2P my friend
9 Mar 2015, 17:59 PM

You are being pretty dense no offence. Here is the deal, People are not upset about tank or light vehicles they cost something and generally put themselves more at risk. the hq trucks pushing are dumb because there are no staring fuasts to get rid of it on the allies side. It is also a free immediate map redesign tool that can get rid of cover you don't want. The most frustrating thing is how this truck can push however. Like you said earlier, Pushing disrupts the infantry making them do less dps. Truck push moving rifles or conscipts allow volks to win in a 1v1 situation which is completely unfair.

The next big reason is why the hell does OKW need a truck to spawn at the beginning? It should spawn when you have the fuel to upgrade it, there is literally no point in having it on the field before that other than to irritate players with truck crush.

I understand you don't like the idea of crush in general which I understand. However, your solution of getting rid of crush would amplify the blob problem immensely. Tanks can currently stop shrecks from wiping all tanks by moving them around, so for gameplay purposes its needed. Panzershreck blobs and zook blobs would be unstoppable by tanks period without crush. Just imagine two volk squads trying to kill a T34. Your expensive tech tank can fight against this now due to crush, however it would not without it (You'd never kill both squads in time to stop the volks from killing the tank).

So while tank crush can be silly, for gameplay it is currently fine with the exception being the free immediately spawning truck with plenty of health to win early game engagements.

Just like the OKW base flack emplacements, there is literally no reason to support hq truck pushing.

You can get rid of the sWS Supply HT's ability to push without taking away the ability to crush. But in general pushing from light vehicles is stupid because light vehicles shouldn't be able to negate expensive AT through dodgy collision mechanics.

I don't care about crushing from tanks, that at least takes a tiny bit of micro and skill. But most of the best crushers are allied mediums, but that it just because Allies actually have mediums :foreveralone:
9 Mar 2015, 18:11 PM

Man you must have a lot of problems as allies huh?

You know you can make more than 1 unit in the first 5 minutes, so while your first RE jumps in a building, your 90 second 2 rifleman come flanking and completely obliterate the lone SP, and if your lucky maybe kill his truck too.

Dont whine on the forums if your problem is lack of strategy.

Thats L2P my friend

if you are giving anyone L2P, at least show your playercard - there is even a thread abbout this.

We Jave here few amazing users, for example Kronosaurus, who is saying that flak base is so damn easy to counter, but he has only 3 games as allies :lol:

In other word, dont give me L2P.

And going with Rifles is not that easy cause of insta suppress by Kubel.

But what's more important, many OKW players will garden their fuel and strike with Kubel/SP/Truck at yours and I doubt that you will cap fuel with all your troops - just RE cause rifes will be somehwere else.
10 Mar 2015, 00:08 AM
Patrion 14

I'm not seeing any reasons not to slow the truck down out of territory. If anyone has a legitimate reason why the truck needs 100% movement out of territory (enemy/neutral), please explain why here.
10 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM

- No truck at start
- Choose truck and pay for it right away as you call it in
- Push whatever you want with truck you've already paid for

/thread
10 Mar 2015, 14:29 PM

- No truck at start
- Choose truck and pay for it right away as you call it in
- Push whatever you want with truck you've already paid for

/thread

Right because paying twice for a teching structure is definitely the better solution here.

Kappa
10 Mar 2015, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2015, 14:29 PMiDolize

Right because paying twice for a teching structure is definitely the better solution here.

Kappa

I started wondering about your human ability to think and understand right after reading that post.

If you still do not understand, you pay for the truck. The upgrading from truck to base building is free.
14 Mar 2015, 08:40 AM

Slap 20 fuel cost on SWS struck itself and make OKW pay first 200mp and 50fuel to even be able to call SWS and you can push all you want.

Are you really that blind to not see that FREE unit ENSURING YOU WILL WIN first engagements is completely broken?
Allies don't have zookas/PTRS/AT nades the moment you have SWS truck contrary to shrecks and fausts against M20 and M3.

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen you post - and that's saying something.
14 Mar 2015, 08:54 AM

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen you post - and that's saying something.

Then allow me to rephrase so lesser gifted beings also can comprehend the magnificence of the post.

Free, durable and pretty mobile unit at the start of the game=bad balance.
You want it to be useful in combat, give it combat cost or substract it from starting resources like it is done for all other starting units.
14 Mar 2015, 10:11 AM
Donator 11

Truck pushing is actually legal in COH2 supported tournaments. Thats so low. COH2.org should take a thinking about what signals do they communicate to people with such actions
14 Mar 2015, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2015, 08:54 AMKatitof

Then allow me to rephrase so lesser gifted beings also can comprehend the magnificence of the post.

Free, durable and pretty mobile unit at the start of the game=bad balance.
You want it to be useful in combat, give it combat cost or substract it from starting resources like it is done for all other starting units.

>Go into game files
>Set sWS Supply HT collision with infantry from "1" to "0"

Problem solved, it literally requires no more effort than that. You don't need to nerf the speed or anything.
14 Mar 2015, 17:34 PM
Patrion 14

>Go into game files
>Set sWS Supply HT collision with infantry from "1" to "0"

Problem solved, it literally requires no more effort than that. You don't need to nerf the speed or anything.

This works, but doesn't it seem odd that the truck can't push infantry while driving at speed?

If you slow down the supply HTs speed out of territory, you stop truck pushing without making a difference in the way the vehicle itself does its job (you aren't deploying it to an enemy/neutral sector). I don't understand why it needs such speed out of territory in the first place, can you please explain that to me.

Not to mention setting infantry collision to zero may have unforeseen side effects like just phasing through infantry or being blocked by it (not sure how the stat works).
14 Mar 2015, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This works, but doesn't it seem odd that the truck can't push infantry while driving at speed?

And it's not like this is "not" happening at the moment with vehicles...

PD: equalizing health of truck with building health would also help. Right now, a 5% health truck, has 100% health while in construction.
14 Mar 2015, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned

Slap 20 fuel cost on SWS struck itself and make OKW pay first 200mp and 50fuel to even be able to call SWS and you can push all you want.

20 fuel is too much, plus an additional price to tech?! ( correct me if i misunderstand )

100% chance? pleassee man thats a L2P issues there you know u can put infantry in garrsisoned buildings right?

Show player care od stfu, Thats how it works around here
14 Mar 2015, 20:54 PM

If you slow down the supply HTs speed out of territory, you stop truck pushing without making a difference in the way the vehicle itself does its job (you aren't deploying it to an enemy/neutral sector). I don't understand why it needs such speed out of territory in the first place, can you please explain that to me.

Not to mention setting infantry collision to zero may have unforeseen side effects like just phasing through infantry or being blocked by it (not sure how the stat works).

If you set up on top of a infantry squad the squad will move because the building is different than the HT.

Slowing it down out of territory sucks because I normally always keep my trucks right behind my front line forces (and out of home captured sectors) so when I do cap the area I can set up right away. This just makes it hard for you to get up to the front early game were everyone is still capping points.

10 seconds adjusting it's ability to collide with infantry fixes the entire problem with out nerfing OKW's early game ability to move HT's up to the front.

If pushing is an issue then get rid of the pushing, don't just make it so if you catch a truck out of territory it's instantly dead because it moves like a turtle.

Light vehicles in general being able to push is stupid (because it negates expensive AT for far to low a cost), but in this case it's just extra stupid. It can't crush buildings anymore, it can't crush infantry, just make it so it doesn't collide with infantry anymore and were set. The OKW truck would finally have no "combat" utility.
15 Mar 2015, 18:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The OKW truck would finally have no "combat" utility.

Damage soaker, 5 fuel, minesweeper, recon. That's how i use my spare trucks mid-late game. Make the cost of the truck 50/50 with tech.
15 Mar 2015, 19:10 PM

Damage soaker, 5 fuel, minesweeper, recon. That's how i use my spare trucks mid-late game. Make the cost of the truck 50/50 with tech.

It being able to be built at any time for a resource cost or a call in would probably cause more problems than it would fix if trucks couldn't push.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS