Login

russian armor

Custom commanders?

PAGES (8)down
7 Feb 2015, 22:18 PM

Another thing they could do with the exisiting commanders would be, for example, to break down all the commanders any player posesses into their component abilities, or even into Supply, and let us build whatever we want from the parts.
This way, a player that got, say, the Elite Troops Doctrine before, would now be able to include its unique abilties (Tiger Ace, Troop Training, Stun Grenade) into custom commanders, whereas someone that didn't would have to hope for a lucky drop from a package bought with Supply or such.

Also, I'm getting the impression that some people here actually WANT CoH 2 to fail... WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?!
8 Feb 2015, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 02:04 AMdbmb

That have been giving you free shit since you've started playing

Like what?

I just remember the day one DLC which shouldn't exist that I only had for free because of pre-ordering.
8 Feb 2015, 09:08 AM

Like what?

Aside from the Case Blue ToW pack...

Defensive Doctrine
Mechanized Doctrine
Infantry Doctrine
Blitzkrieg Doctrine
Defensive Tactics
Combined Arms Tactics
Reserve Army Tactics
Shock Army Tactics

And, if you took part at the time:

Close Air Support Doctrine
Advanced Warfare Tactics

And, RNG-based though it is, all non-ToW/XP DLC can be gained for free through War Spoils.

So, quite a lot of free shit actually.
nee
8 Feb 2015, 09:32 AM

THe first custom commander made:
-Assault Grenadiers
-Panzer4 command tank
-ELefant
-Tiger
-Tiger Ace
8 Feb 2015, 09:47 AM

Although Im more than happy to pay decent money for a game I love as much as Coh, it would be nice to get things we were promised in the DCE which we never got. Paying like double initial retail value for a few commanders was a bit of a kick.

Im also happy to continue to supoort relic by buying DLC, if it means we get continued support from them.

8 Feb 2015, 16:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Defensive Doctrine
Mechanized Doctrine
Infantry Doctrine
Blitzkrieg Doctrine
Defensive Tactics
Combined Arms Tactics
Reserve Army Tactics
Shock Army Tactics

Advanced Warfare Tactics

And, RNG-based though it is, all non-ToW/XP DLC can be gained for free through War Spoils.

Well, it's not like you can just re arrange some abilities or pick units from the ToW/Campaign and call it a new thing right?
8 Feb 2015, 17:50 PM
Patrion 15

Custom commanders may kill the game entirely. I cant wait for all the whining posts from the optimists.

Well, wait no more! Here's a (whining?) post from an objective(optimistic?) player.

We have no clue how this will be implemented, it has the potential to be completely broken. Chances are, based on this forums history, everyone is overreacting due to a lack of information from Relic and their previous track record. It looks like abilities will be placed in categories based on strength, and players will be able to mix and match from there, which doesn't strike me as all that much different from how Relic comes up with them.

You know what these "______ will kill the game" posts remind me of? Grandparents saying that the troubled youth will be the downfall of man. Every generation of adults since the dawn of time has lamented the youth and how they are ruining the world, and guess what, the world keeps on turning. How about you guys all take a collective chill tranquilizer (a pill won't cut it) and wait to see how this is implemented before we freak out.
8 Feb 2015, 18:37 PM

Well, wait no more! Here's a (whining?) post from an objective(optimistic?) player.

We have no clue how this will be implemented, it has the potential to be completely broken. Chances are, based on this forums history, everyone is overreacting due to a lack of information from Relic and their previous track record. It looks like abilities will be placed in categories based on strength, and players will be able to mix and match from there, which doesn't strike me as all that much different from how Relic comes up with them.

You know what these "______ will kill the game" posts remind me of? Grandparents saying that the troubled youth will be the downfall of man. Every generation of adults since the dawn of time has lamented the youth and how they are ruining the world, and guess what, the world keeps on turning. How about you guys all take a collective chill tranquilizer (a pill won't cut it) and wait to see how this is implemented before we freak out.

Hah. The generation thing was nice. The problem with most people-not only regarding this game-is that they don't know what they are hating/contradicting. I bet a lot of people here have not read the entire OP, and do not now about different tiers for abilities.

I'm not saying this thing will break/revive the game, I'm just saying you have to know every aspect of something before hating or praising it.
8 Feb 2015, 18:46 PM

I for one am excited to see where this is going, as well as *maybe* the possibility to use some of the abilities that don't see much use because they're in crap commanders.
8 Feb 2015, 20:16 PM

I already have my custom commander in game. Its called Counterattack Tactics. :3

Unless KV-1 could be replaced with t34/85's/IS-2, Kappa
8 Feb 2015, 20:41 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I think the custom commander will use 'supply'.

In this way could be used in a few matches. And here will be to recharge 'supplys'.
9 Feb 2015, 13:47 PM

Another thing they could do with the exisiting commanders would be, for example, to break down all the commanders any player posesses into their component abilities, or even into Supply, and let us build whatever we want from the parts.
This way, a player that got, say, the Elite Troops Doctrine before, would now be able to include its unique abilties (Tiger Ace, Troop Training, Stun Grenade) into custom commanders, whereas someone that didn't would have to hope for a lucky drop from a package bought with Supply or such.

That was what I was thinking of as well when I read the news. Finally duplicate commanders would make sense.
9 Feb 2015, 13:54 PM

I think Noun did say a while ago that you should keep duplicate commanders rather than delete them, as you may be able to use them at a later date. I guess that may relate to this stuff.
9 Feb 2015, 16:14 PM

Thinking about the "common, rare, legendary" system, its not even quite as simle as all that.

For example hull down would not be legendary, yet it would imo be OP on a Tiger.

Relic quite rightly doesnt have any commanders like that.

The system could work well, provided certain abilities completely negate the use of other abilities which have been deemed to be an OP combination.

14 Feb 2015, 07:14 AM

I found some Custom Commander images lurking in the files hopefully these aren't the final products. I'm assuming they're placeholders for the future or perhaps they're the default icon before we pick a commander image to insert there (like skins, bulletins etc.)

There are also larger ones like the ones you see on the steam store pages or here on the Commander Guides. I'll post them if needs be but they're not really any different.
21 Feb 2015, 18:37 PM

Defensive Doctrine
Mechanized Doctrine
Infantry Doctrine
Blitzkrieg Doctrine
Defensive Tactics
Combined Arms Tactics
Reserve Army Tactics
Shock Army Tactics

Advanced Warfare Tactics

I would avoid saying that anything can be gained from War Spoils. It is such a poor system that the only function it has is to mock me and most people that use it. I did get some of those DLC for free yes, but most people have to deal with a ton of commanders that are simply a remix of old commander abilities out of their reach. I really did enjoy getting the German and soviet defensive tactics - but these are sadly out of place in the game despite their potential for a unique and fun commander because of Relic's ignoring their balance.
21 Feb 2015, 19:59 PM

Nice digging Mirage357.
21 Feb 2015, 20:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 19:59 PMNapalm
Nice digging Mirage357.

He's a Digger, right? ;)
21 Feb 2015, 21:14 PM

I found some Custom Commander images lurking in the files hopefully these aren't the final products. I'm assuming they're placeholders for the future or perhaps they're the default icon before we pick a commander image to insert there (like skins, bulletins etc.)

There are also larger ones like the ones you see on the steam store pages or here on the Commander Guides. I'll post them if needs be but they're not really any different.

so its true.

sigh.
21 Feb 2015, 21:37 PM

Of course the idea is a disaster in terms of balancing but imagine a system like this:

You have 10 points for each commander.
Each ability costs points.
'Better' abilities cost more.
So for example a Tiger Ace costs 5-6 points, then you have to fill the rest with 4 abilities that cost 1 point. So you take tiger ace with smoke barrage or something like that. This would prevent accusing the system.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS