Login

russian armor

Panzer Command Tank Aura

2 Feb 2015, 17:06 PM

I'm curious to know how people feel about this units aura effects working within a sector only. Would it be to strong of a unit if its area of effect is changed to be similar to the Panther Command Tank except with a shorter radius perhaps rather than being limited to the sector its in?

I mention this because there are some maps where the sectors are very small or just plain narrow making the unit primarily just an infantry support tank rather than actually a command tank.

Thoughts?
2 Feb 2015, 17:16 PM

Yes-giving additional 25% of health to all units including allied would be too strong if it was similar to panther command tank.

0.8 rec dmg modifier is pretty powerful modifier.
Remember old bulletins? 2% health was overpowered and this unit gives ten times that.
2 Feb 2015, 17:39 PM

I prefer the command panther aura mechanic.

Using the Command P4 is awkward. Sometimes it affects a huge sector with a huge chunk of your army in it and sometimes it affects a squad or two. It would be more consistent to have it like the Panther aura.
2 Feb 2015, 19:54 PM

I disagree, its meant to work more defensively. That change would make it more powerful on the offence with a bunch of tanks for example.
3 Feb 2015, 10:58 AM
Patrion 28

it's generally workable if you pay attention to the placement of your squads and the sector being affected. i have no issues with the aura.
3 Feb 2015, 11:42 AM

The Command Tank is a good unit. It has decent performance vs. infantry and a solid defensive buff to any friendly units in its sector. It's not expensive, either.
3 Feb 2015, 13:16 PM

You actually can place the P4 Command tank on the border of 2 sectors in order to receive the buff in both.
3 Feb 2015, 13:33 PM

ComP4 is a mediocre tank at killing infantry and poor as AT for its price. If it had HMG on top and commander who would improved sight range. So it would be good support unit for ARMY.
Currently it is good only of its call in.Better not spend precious resources on it.
3 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

I love the command tank, especially with defensive buff to all my units including Paks. The only draw back from using this doctrine is you have forgone a Tiger (although elephant exists in one doctrine). Sadly, the Meta is calling for over the top commanders with Wehr.
3 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM

I find this unit very hard to use without the aura. Placing it at the back of the army means that if you ever push you lose all buffs. This feels very inconsistent, especially when you are just pushing into another sector and the command tank is literally touching the now debuffed tank.

Make it aura by distance, and make it smaller than command panther. Also tie some of the bonuses to the command tank's vet so that good play is rewarded. Having it get combat buffs at vet 2 is pretty useless since I rarely want it in combat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★