Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
15 Feb 2015, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 12:46 PMPorygon

Biggest lie and worst game design in COH2.
Yeah yeah, better DPS at long range, worse DPS at short. ROFL, the Allies must be high enough to engagment Gren and Volks at longest range in every engagment, FFS.

Squad skirmish win/lose should depends on cover and positioning, not this kind of nonsense, it just automatically making the short range infantry win because there are so many CQB-ish map design.

I did not say a word about short range cons advantage but its only 17 for cons vs 16 for volks.

CQ units have no place cause Stalingrad is in veto list and the most breaking unit, Obers, can wipe Shock and Paras before they reach them and even then, if they have stgs they have dps form 62 to 14.

Now imagine Shocks with dps 70-30-10. Game breaking unit, right?
15 Feb 2015, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 12:19 PMPorygon
Volks AI is BAD, they even lose to Cons in all engagement.

And then they get vet1 and it all changes.

Volks get 2x 30% accuracy with vet. They crush cons when it comes to AI once these vet stars start to appear.
15 Feb 2015, 13:06 PM

I did not say a word about short range cons advantage but its only 17 for cons vs 16 for volks.

CQ units have no place cause Stalingrad is in veto list and the most breaking unit, Obers, can wipe Shock and Paras before they reach them and even then, if they have stgs they have dps form 62 to 14.

Now imagine Shocks with dps 70-30-10. Game breaking unit, right?

Oh jeez not this Stalingrad joke again, if your Soviet lose to OKW of your level in that map, uninstall the game and shoot yourself.
15 Feb 2015, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 13:06 PMPorygon

Oh jeez not this Stalingrad joke again, if your Soviet lose to OKW of your level in that map, uninstall the game and shoot yourself.

I have no idea what are you talking about.
I just said that all players who are playing Axis, have Stalingrad in veto list so you won't play on this map with Allies.

But it still does not change the fact that vetted Obers with Stgs are better at close range than vetted Shocks
15 Feb 2015, 13:15 PM

I have no idea what are you talking about.
I just said that all players who are playing Axis, have Stalingrad in veto list so you won't play on this map with Allies.

If and only if the coding is written right, the veto is "working as intended".
15 Feb 2015, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 13:15 PMPorygon

If and only if the coding is written right, the veto is "working as intended".

Ive seen many threads and posts about not-working vetos but I really doubt it.
I guess it's more probably that vetos have been removed and you did not notice.
I have a way over 1000h and my votes are working as intended since 1h.
15 Feb 2015, 13:30 PM

Ive seen many threads and posts about not-working vetos but I really doubt it.
I guess it's more probably that vetos have been removed and you did not notice.
I have a way over 1000h and my votes are working as intended since 1h.

It was like that since COH1, I think it is always like that.
Veto is just letting you avoid the map if the searching is full of players of the level, if the system cannot find guys around your ELO, it started to search better and worse players and neglecting your map veto.

If veto always works, it means

1) you are scrubs, because there are plenty of them
2) or you are very lucky

By your stats, you know which one you are. :rolleyes:
15 Feb 2015, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 13:30 PMPorygon

It was like that since COH1, I think it is always like that.
Veto is just letting you avoid the map if the searching is full of players of the level, if the system cannot find guys around your ELO, it started to search better and worse players and neglecting your map veto.

If veto always works, it means

1) you are scrubs, because there are plenty of them
2) or you are very lucky

By your stats, you know which one you are. :rolleyes:

Said the guy who is playing 1v1 for ages.
I started 1v1s month or 2 ago. Give me some credtis dude.
I wonder your stats in such moment.
15 Feb 2015, 13:38 PM

Vetos minimize probability of getting the map to pop, not exclude it completely from your map poll.

Just so its clear.
15 Feb 2015, 17:44 PM

Volks are the worst infantry unit at the start of the game barring engineers/rear echelons, this is by design as they are cheap and easy to reinforce. But for them to be equal to vet 0 cons they need to get to vet 3, and then beyond that they will start out preforming conscripts. Again, this is by design as they do tend to vet up quite fast thanks to the shrek.

If volks had better AI power or some sort of AI upgrade OKW players wouldn't always need to go for Obers in order to counter Rifleblobs/Shock/Con spam. It's really not that complicated, Sturms just aren't the insane infantry killing machines they used to be since they got a big nerf to survivability.
15 Feb 2015, 17:50 PM
Donator 33

Sturms just aren't the insane infantry killing machines they used to be since they got a big nerf to survivability.

They actually got 13% less received accuracy. Their close range got reduced to 3 from 8 though.
15 Feb 2015, 17:57 PM

Sturms just aren't the insane infantry killing machines they used to be since they got a big nerf to survivability.

Added a received accuracy modifier of 0.87 (previously 1)

This is the only change about survivability sturms got.

Blind, zealous, self deluded, uninformed. The kind of one army fanboy we love most.
15 Feb 2015, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 17:57 PMKatitof

Added a received accuracy modifier of 0.87 (previously 1)

This is the only change about survivability sturms got.

Blind, zealous, self deluded, uninformed. The kind of one army fanboy we love most.

Their close range got reduced to 3 from 8 though.

Talking about deluded, you obviously didn't play the game at WFA release because Sturms turned all infantry but shock troops to hamburger, people were just winning entire games making nothing but sturms.

But seriously Katitof there is no need to act immature, name calling and fan boy accusations are for the shout box :snfPeter:
15 Feb 2015, 18:24 PM

Talking about deluded, you obviously didn't play the game at WFA release because Sturms turned all infantry but shock troops to hamburger, people were just winning entire games making nothing but sturms.

But seriously Katitof there is no need to act immature, name calling and fan boy accusations are for the shout box :snfPeter:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry. Maybe some time in the closed beta of WFA it was like that, but not at release.
15 Feb 2015, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 18:24 PMBurts

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry. Maybe some time in the closed beta of WFA it was like that, but not at release.

Sturms got the nerf bat because at WFA release except at max range they were basically one of the best infantry units in the game. They made Pgrens look sad and poor Volks couldn't even compete.

Sturms now are in a good spot, but they aren't spammable and they don't have the health/armor to run up to a unit and kill it. They do best on small urban maps. I don't see how this notion is "deluded"
15 Feb 2015, 20:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Volks are the worst infantry unit at the start

Kuhscheiße!!
(Bullshit!!)
15 Feb 2015, 20:16 PM

They are on par with ostruppen.
15 Feb 2015, 20:16 PM

Make the Shrek as shitty as the Zook

Give volks the option to get an AI buff

Make em choose between a piece of shit shrek, or an mp40

You should join the Alpha.
15 Feb 2015, 20:20 PM

Permanently Banned
They are on par with ostruppen.

15 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM

But Volks are the worst starting baseline infantry unit, that's how they are designed. The whole point is that they are good in numbers and have good scaling.

The reason why most people who suggested that they remove volks shrek also suggest they get an AI upgrade, because what's the point of building them if they can only plink away with their shitty Kars?
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS