russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
16 Feb 2015, 22:04 PM
Donator 11

There is a simple solution to all the games problems: BUFF ALLIES
16 Feb 2015, 22:09 PM

I am pretty sure I know what the .50cal's or maximum suppose to counter and it's called infantry. Obers on the other hand just need to kill one model from long range to finish off the rest of the MG team.

The .50 cal being to fragile is a problem independent of Obers, I can accomplish the same with 2 Volks with out having to waste 400 MP on a unit that only counters infantry. The Maxim is the most durable MG in the game, and both the MG34 and MG42 suffer from .50 cal gunner sniping syndrome.

Axis tanks also have a luxury that I feel is underrated when discussing game balance - namely, they can afford to enter the visual range of enemy infantry and not lose half health instantly. They can afford to maybe get stuck on pathfinding around an obstacle without that second volley of handheld AT destroying them.

This is very ironic, considering your mention of the Jackson in the same post. You see more Heavies because what you said is only true for them. I and most other OKW Players would build mediums if they existed and were viable, to bad they are not. Ostheer mediums have become worthless in the face of the Jackson.

If you drive a Panther into the firing cone of a few ZiS's and Jacksons/SU85s your comment on losing half your health becomes pretty relevent.

It's like so many people ITT are so close to realizing that the reason OKW have shreks is due to lack of other viable AT options, yet so far.
16 Feb 2015, 23:11 PM

Jacksons don't suck. Especially with veterancy they become incredibly good, a much better option than Su85, for example.

But without veterancy, Jackson shots will relatively frequently bounce off Panthers, Brummbars, Tigers, and not to mention superheavies. And bounced shots do not grant even a sliver of vet. Axis tanks reliably penetrate allied tanks, so they get a steady supply of vet, and a very useful vet1 ability. They also can bounce shots meaning they can disengage with their vet intact.

Which is balanced. do you think the panther or jp4 penetrate the is every time. What would they be worth if every tank destroyer could simply treat them as a medium tank with more hp. They are slow and very little dps for their cost. After all 2 p4's will do a shitload more damage against infantry and units it can reliability penetrate then a single tiger.

Stop complaining about it. its not a big deal.
16 Feb 2015, 23:27 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 23:11 PMJaigen

Which is balanced. do you think the panther or jp4 penetrate the is every time. What would they be worth if every tank destroyer could simply treat them as a medium tank with more hp. They are slow and very little dps for their cost. After all 2 p4's will do a shitload more damage against infantry and units it can reliability penetrate then a single tiger.

Stop complaining about it. its not a big deal.

Since when do USF tanks require penetration to get killed?

The thing is axis armor is so much durable that axis players dont even bother to micro their panthers to fire at off vision long range or flank.
17 Feb 2015, 00:11 AM

The funny thing about all this threads is that you see the usual 10-15 people spouting their Bullshit (with a few constructive post in between) and imply then later the whole community wants their crazy balance suggestions.

Highlights in this thread:

-Volks should cost 270 mp while being the weakest starting unit.
-schreck, a whopping 90 munitions upgrade should be rendered useless because players fail to punish blobbing
-Jackson, the sole reason for a meta that consists of getting panthers or tigers because everything else gets destroyed fast, is bad unit.
-puma is op

In summary everything that keeps you from 100 % winning rate is op
17 Feb 2015, 06:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 20:34 PMPorygon

Isn't centre of Semois of my replay urban enough, making Jacksons hard to flank? :foreveralone:
Isn't the armour of vet 3 Panthers high enough, making the gun hard to penetrate? :foreveralone:
Isn't the DPS of vet 2 Tigers high enough, making Jacksons easily kaput? :foreveralone:

You are still claiming Jacksons sucks, please, L2P.

2 Jacks, 1-2 T34 85, 1-2 Pak40 can defeated 5 vetted big catz, so you still claim they sucks?

Stupid argument being stupid, grab a Scott, 400+MP vaporised per shot, watch OKW cry.

Reason that I ceased playing axis, I have enough versus the USF joke.

Semoisky leaves huge open area on the left side, perfect to flank. Its not Trois points where you have straight roads. On such maps Jackson can do a garden vs Jadgpanzer.

How 6 bouncing shells in a row is L2P issue? I guess you have secret way so your Jackson penetrates all the time.

I dont claim it sucks. I claim its damn fragile and one step to much means death. Jackson has no defensive ability. Why Tiger or Panther have abilities to escape? Or Puma? But Jackson does not? It should since it wont forgive you any misteake. Panther or Tiger will forgive many misteakes.

M8 can work wonders but 3mins later there is a Panther.
17 Feb 2015, 06:19 AM

Semoisky leaves huge open area on the left side, perfect to flank. Its not Trois points where you have straight roads. On such maps Jackson can do a garden vs Jadgpanzer.

How 6 bouncing shells in a row is L2P issue? I guess you have secret way so your Jackson penetrates all the time.

I dont claim it sucks. I claim its damn fragile and one step to much means death. Jackson has no defensive ability. Why Tiger or Panther have abilities to escape? Or Puma? But Jackson does not? It should since it wont forgive you any misteake. Panther or Tiger will forgive many misteakes.

M8 can work wonders but 3mins later there is a Panther.

The Tiger and Panther have means to escape because they are meant so slug it out with tanks, the Jackson is supposed to stay far behind the lines and pump out large amounts of damage onto enemy armor. The Jackson is already a very mobile tank allowing it to easily escape enemy armor.

240 damage, a turret, and 60 range make for a extremely effective tank destroyer. It basically makes all medium armor useless.
17 Feb 2015, 06:50 AM

The Tiger and Panther have means to escape because they are meant so slug it out with tanks, the Jackson is supposed to st

ay far behind the lines and pump out large amounts of damage onto enemy armor. The Jackson is already a very mobile tank allowing it to easily escape enemy armor.

240 damage, a turret, and 60 range make for a extremely effective tank destroyer. It basically makes all medium armor useless.

Mobile? Panther is more mobile, still has smoke and insane blitz. When you face Jadgpanzer and can't outrange it? Flanking is useless since decent player will keep raketen/volks near so its suicide mission most of the time.
Im saying its bad but its very rng and map dependant. It also does not allow you to make misteake. And even then you might lose it because of pathfindig issues.
17 Feb 2015, 07:07 AM

Why Tiger or Panther have abilities to escape? Or Puma? But Jackson does not? It should since it wont forgive you any misteake. Panther or Tiger will forgive many misteakes.

Because it is a tank destroyer, like JP or JT. it's supposed to be used from distance.
17 Feb 2015, 07:08 AM

Mobile? Panther is more mobile, still has smoke and insane blitz. When you face Jadgpanzer and can't outrange it? Flanking is useless since decent player will keep raketen/volks near so its suicide mission most of the time.
Im saying its bad but its very rng and map dependant. It also does not allow you to make misteake. And even then you might lose it because of pathfindig issues.

The first thing you need to L2P the Jacksons, is never do "flanking". :foreveralone:

We won Sib and Luvnest this morning, L2P the Jacks micro.
17 Feb 2015, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 07:08 AMPorygon

The first thing you need to L2P the Jacksons, is never do "flanking". :foreveralone:

Read your post about semosky and flank.

So shiny me, how to kill jadgpanzer without flanking :foreveralone:
17 Feb 2015, 07:20 AM

There are only two ways you should use the Jacks,

1) Stay behind the line and snipe armour like a sniper
2) Frontal assault, with tons of meat shield around, even better with P-47 or IL-2

Other than these, you are just throwing them away.
17 Feb 2015, 07:21 AM

The Panther has worse turning and acceleration. But the Panther is meant to hunt enemy tanks and kill them in a slug fest, not to do a massive amount of damage in a single shot and moonwalk out. Ostheer tanks already have trouble enough dealing with the insane amount of allied mediums that hit the field by the time you get your own out why should extremely expensive and high investment tanks like the Panther be fragile or slow when that's the literal opposite of how they were designed.
17 Feb 2015, 07:29 AM

Read your post about semosky and flank.

So shiny me, how to kill jadgpanzer without flanking :foreveralone:

Don't you feel stupid using a tin can TD fighting a steel hard TD? :foreveralone:
17 Feb 2015, 07:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 07:29 AMPorygon

Don't you feel stupid using a tin can TD fighting a steel hard TD? :foreveralone:

So what should I use? Sherman or Stuart? :foreveralone:
17 Feb 2015, 07:35 AM

So what should I use? Sherman or Stuart? :foreveralone:

An AT gun.:snfBarton:
17 Feb 2015, 07:55 AM

:snfPeter:
17 Feb 2015, 07:57 AM

And again Axis wunderwaffe cant be nerfed, because Axis are what? On the other hand if the Tiger or KingTiger deals with 3 shermans it is historically accurate, because Tiger Aces bla bla bla, but If the Jackson hard counters all Osther T3, (historically it should) LOL bad DESIGN, NOT FAIR NERF LOL!!!!ononone
17 Feb 2015, 08:31 AM

AT Gun? The one with 115 long range pen, which means pure RNG? The ine that I need to resign from AT mines and MG to get it? How broken is that?
How broken is situation when I need to give up at mines and HMG to get AT Gun?
17 Feb 2015, 08:36 AM

AT Gun? The one with 115 long range pen, which means pure RNG? The ine that I need to resign from AT mines and MG to get it? How broken is that?
How broken is situation when I need to give up at mines and HMG to get AT Gun?

Welcome to COH2, you can have seat on the couch glitching into the wall, please mind all the people stuck retreating at the fridge.
PAGES (32)down
0 user is browsing this thread:

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS