russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
15 Feb 2015, 21:10 PM

They are on par with ostruppen.

15 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM

They are on par with ostruppen.

Well, osttruppen are able to beat conscripts.
15 Feb 2015, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 21:41 PMKatitof

Well, osttruppen are able to beat conscripts.

In cover, assuming both are at max range. And at max range Oustruppen with their ROF buff actually beat out Volks. Volks are better than oustruppen at close range.

I don't see how you could argue volks are "better" starting game infantry than allies have, as said earlier you have to vet up before you can ever have 1 volks take on a single con squad.
15 Feb 2015, 22:22 PM

Sturms just aren't the insane infantry killing machines they used to be since they got a big nerf to survivability.

Come on, in my last 2v2 I had 32kills with single SP squad.

15 Feb 2015, 22:25 PM

Come on, in my last 2v2 I had 32kills with single SP squad.

I guess you didn't read my post were I said they were still a good unit.
15 Feb 2015, 22:28 PM

I guess you didn't read my post were I said they were still a good unit.

Point is, they are insane killing machine when used right.
15 Feb 2015, 22:34 PM

Point is, they are insane killing machine when used right.

Yes they put out a large amount DPS at close range and they can clear squads out of buildings easily. That's their strength, if you use them right they will preform well, If you don't they will drain your MP like nuts.

Keeping a sturm squad or two with your volks help significantly improve their ability to fight.
16 Feb 2015, 04:34 AM

Jacksons are just too awesome, L2P for those Jacksons-sucks players.

16 Feb 2015, 04:44 AM

The ability for Jacksons to put out an insane amount of damage in an opening volley is very awesome. To bad the unit is so RNG based.
16 Feb 2015, 15:00 PM

Jackson is reason ostheer medium armor is extinct.Its a broken design tank.
16 Feb 2015, 15:01 PM

Jackson is reason ostheer medium armor is extinct.Its a broken design tank.

Just like obers are the reason allied infantry is extinct.
16 Feb 2015, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 04:34 AMPorygon

No one said that Jackson sucks.
Point is that if you make one step to far, you will lose Jackson. You can't say that about SU85, Panther, Jadgpanzer or any other TD. Jackson is a good unit but it does not forgive any misteakes = micro intensive a way more than any other unit.

It's also RNG dependand. Once my 3 Jacksons attacked 1 Panther. 6 shots bounced. Insane.
Also it's useless on urban maps with narrow road when facing Jadgpanzer. On maps like Trois Points or Ettlebruck, Jackson has no use when facing Jadgpanzer.
16 Feb 2015, 15:30 PM

Simply nerf the Panzerschreck weapon range from 30 to 35.

Btw also buff the Ptrs range back to 45 from 35.

This way there would be 2 diffrent weapon types, Ptrs weak PEN/DMG long range and the PSchreck strong PEN/DMG short range.
16 Feb 2015, 20:34 PM

No one said that Jackson sucks.
Point is that if you make one step to far, you will lose Jackson. You can't say that about SU85, Panther, Jadgpanzer or any other TD. Jackson is a good unit but it does not forgive any misteakes = micro intensive a way more than any other unit.

It's also RNG dependand. Once my 3 Jacksons attacked 1 Panther. 6 shots bounced. Insane.
Also it's useless on urban maps with narrow road when facing Jadgpanzer. On maps like Trois Points or Ettlebruck, Jackson has no use when facing Jadgpanzer.

Isn't centre of Semois of my replay urban enough, making Jacksons hard to flank? :foreveralone:
Isn't the armour of vet 3 Panthers high enough, making the gun hard to penetrate? :foreveralone:
Isn't the DPS of vet 2 Tigers high enough, making Jacksons easily kaput? :foreveralone:

You are still claiming Jacksons sucks, please, L2P.

2 Jacks, 1-2 T34 85, 1-2 Pak40 can defeated 5 vetted big catz, so you still claim they sucks?

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 15:01 PMKatitof

Stupid argument being stupid, grab a Scott, 400+MP vaporised per shot, watch OKW cry.

Reason that I ceased playing axis, I have enough versus the USF joke.
16 Feb 2015, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 20:34 PMPorygon

Isn't centre of Semois of my replay urban enough, making Jacksons hard to flank? :foreveralone:
Isn't the armour of vet 3 Panthers high enough, making the gun hard to penetrate? :foreveralone:
Isn't the DPS of vet 2 Tigers high enough, making Jacksons easily kaput? :foreveralone:

You are still claiming Jacksons sucks, please, L2P.

2 Jacks, 1-2 T34 85, 1-2 Pak40 can defeated 5 vetted big catz, so you still claim they sucks?

Stupid argument being stupid, grab a Scott, 400+MP vaporised per shot, watch OKW cry.

Reason that I ceased playing axis, I have enough versus the USF joke.

I think you validated Katitof's point, USF needs either a Sherman or Scot (non-infantry units) to deal with Obers.
16 Feb 2015, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 15:01 PMKatitof

Weird seeing as I almost never get to fight StuG, Ostwinds, or PIV's any more but I always get to fight gigantic hordes of Shocks, Rifles, and Cons.

I think you validated Katitof's point, USF needs either a Sherman or Scot (non-infantry units) to deal with Obers.

I don't think you know what a "counter" is. Medium Tanks > Dedicated Anti Infantry Unit is pretty par for the course for every single faction in the game.
16 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

Weird seeing as I almost never get to fight StuG, Ostwinds, or PIV's any more but I always get to fight gigantic hordes of Shocks, Rifles, and Cons.

I don't think you know what a "counter" is. Medium Tanks > Dedicated Anti Infantry Unit is pretty par for the course for every single faction in the game.

I am pretty sure I know what the .50cal's or maximum suppose to counter and it's called infantry. Obers on the other hand just need to kill one model from long range to finish off the rest of the MG team.
16 Feb 2015, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 04:34 AMPorygon

Stop posting that in every thread.
16 Feb 2015, 21:24 PM
Patrion 14

Jacksons don't suck. Especially with veterancy they become incredibly good, a much better option than Su85, for example.

But without veterancy, Jackson shots will relatively frequently bounce off Panthers, Brummbars, Tigers, and not to mention superheavies. And bounced shots do not grant even a sliver of vet. Axis tanks reliably penetrate allied tanks, so they get a steady supply of vet, and a very useful vet1 ability. They also can bounce shots meaning they can disengage with their vet intact.

Axis tanks also have a luxury that I feel is underrated when discussing game balance - namely, they can afford to enter the visual range of enemy infantry and not lose half health instantly. They can afford to maybe get stuck on pathfinding around an obstacle without that second volley of handheld AT destroying them.
16 Feb 2015, 21:31 PM

Jacksons don't suck. Especially with veterancy they become incredibly good, a much better option than Su85, for example.

But without veterancy, Jackson shots will relatively frequently bounce off Panthers, Brummbars, Tigers, and not to mention superheavies. And bounced shots do not grant even a sliver of vet. Axis tanks reliably penetrate allied tanks, so they get a steady supply of vet, and a very useful vet1 ability. They also can bounce shots meaning they can disengage with their vet intact.

Axis tanks also have a luxury that I feel is underrated when discussing game balance - namely, they can afford to enter the visual range of enemy infantry and not lose half health instantly. They can afford to maybe get stuck on pathfinding around an obstacle without that second volley of handheld AT destroying them.

Couldnt have said it better. +1 sir.
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight