Login

russian armor

If you could ask Relic one question...

PAGES (9)down
14 of 19 Relic postsRelic 31 Jan 2015, 02:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge

if you could go back to the beginning of coh2-development, which design decisions would you change and why?

Geez, that's a tough one. Games are a product of their times and the chemistry of the teams making them and that's often where you get those little bits of magic. You also get scars and you get experience and I don't think I'd give that up.

15 of 19 Relic postsRelic 31 Jan 2015, 02:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge

What units do you consider to be under preforming, which over, and which are currently doing their job well? For those that are UP or OP what is your plan with these units?

Is it possible to have 3v3 and 4v4 run with a standard mod developed by Relic to help address balance issues without throwing 1v1 and 2v2 completely out of whack?

What is the time table to address problems with maps?

Why not just increase drop rate on war spoils and call it done? Why spend huge amounts of resources fixing a problem that could be addressed in one line of code?

Currently the micro required to play as Allies is much higher than for German, are there any plans to address this and how?

These were the ones I thought of right now. I would be interested in answers to any of these.

These are all interesting questions.

I think the unit thing is too big to cover in terms of specifics. We know what units are underutilized and I'd like to see a broader use of more units in general. I also know which ones don't quite satisfy my historical itch, but that might be very different in focus than purely balance. I honestly see balance come alive in variety. Whether you call that an active-meta or whatever, I like to see lots of variety.

3v3 and 4v4 scale very differently. The idea of a mod is interesting, but I honestly don't know what the impact would be.

We're looking into map balance and increasing the automatch pool.

Drop rate increase...not quite that simple. We're looking at a few options right now and we're hoping to test some changes shortly.

The micro thing and concentration of power concept between Allies and Germans is a very interesting challenge. I think there are a number of possible solutions (design and technical) to consider.
16 of 19 Relic postsRelic 31 Jan 2015, 02:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

WTF does Oorah mean?

There was something terrible, but also something sad and melancholy in this long cry uttered by the Russian infantry as they staged an attack. As it crossed the cold water, it lost its fervour. Instead of valour or gallantry, you could hear the sadness of a soul parting with everything that it loved, calling on its nearest and dearest to wake up, to lift their heads from their pillows and hear for the last time the voice of a father, a husband, a son or a brother...

Vasily Grossman, Life and Fate.
17 of 19 Relic postsRelic 31 Jan 2015, 02:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey guys - heading home for those hotdogs I mentioned. Have a good weekend.
31 Jan 2015, 02:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 02:27 AMqduffy

Slim. It does a decent job of providing flanking opportunities and making tanks more interesting in combat. Adding side armor is possible, but I don't think the benefit would feel that tangible.
This makes me a bit sad. With the current state of heavy armor dominance, and flanking being rather difficult to pull off I would think side armor would add quite a bit more of a middle ground in between completely surrounding an enemy and actually flanking an opponent.

Although I know you guys said you were working on something, I'm curious what you guys at relic think would be more tangible in stabilizing the late game.
31 Jan 2015, 02:55 AM

Well this exceeded my expectations. Quinn, JapaDog on me when I'm in Vancouver next.
31 Jan 2015, 03:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Whoah
31 Jan 2015, 03:53 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 02:27 AMqduffy

Slim. It does a decent job of providing flanking opportunities and making tanks more interesting in combat. Adding side armor is possible, but I don't think the benefit would feel that tangible.

thanks for the answer! i still think it would do much to balance heavies with stratospheric front armour.
31 Jan 2015, 03:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 02:17 AMqduffy
Just now? Hotdogs. Getting hungry. :)

Okay but what if instead, Chilli Dogs? :drool:
31 Jan 2015, 05:50 AM

Hey I want to ask when will player be able to map button? Current COH2 button is very left-handed unfriendly and is there any way to change the UI to make it less obstructive?
31 Jan 2015, 06:07 AM

Good on you Relic for doing that. You didn't need to (especially given the climate of the forums) but you did and I salute you.
31 Jan 2015, 07:24 AM

Am i dreaming ?
31 Jan 2015, 07:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Nice, wish I didnt ask such a dumb question now :D
31 Jan 2015, 07:51 AM

uhmmm. Best thread EVA?

It was nice of them to take time and answer these questions, so I have to thank Napalm, guys who asked good questions and most important or all, the devs.

Is it because they have finally accepted our frustration and decided to come clean? Have they changed their policy or is it just a part of their long-term plan? Is this gonna happen again or is it a one time thing just to calm us down? I don't know and I don't care, we need every victory we can get and this is a start. Tnx guys.

31 Jan 2015, 08:28 AM

Holy replies batman.
31 Jan 2015, 08:40 AM

You do realize he did not answer any questions at all?

Only BS communication.

And about that flank armor, we, now, know that they are playing only axis at Relic's HQ.
31 Jan 2015, 09:48 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 02:23 AMqduffy

I...just...I just...I've fallen in love with someone else.

Or is this awkward now?

Well, I'll just drive off into the sunset alone, then.

This was an entertaining and uplifting posting-raid by Relic and it did lighten at least MY mood a bit, but in the end, we need (*slaps wrist repeatedly with two fingers for emphasis*) something - just anything - on where Relic will take CoH2 in the nearest future.

And about that flank armor, we, now, know that they are playing only axis at Relic's HQ.

See, it is utterly idiotic, entitled little prick-posts like this that should get people perma-banned. I mean, I don't mind some trolling, heavy or downright nasty - but this shit. WTF? An actual developer++ comes here and gives you an honest answer; the ROI doesn't look good, it won't make an impact compared to the effort of redesigning every god damn vehicle in this game.

And Mr. Special replies the equivalent of; "lol axis fanboy".

Well, congratulations Mr. Special, you've earned the "Fit for Classic Internet Gif" badge.

31 Jan 2015, 09:50 AM

but its communication!! - after years of silence!!
31 Jan 2015, 10:01 AM

You do realize he did not answer any questions at all?

Only BS communication.

Of course it's all half arsed answers, but at least they took the time to do it.

Even though they're all nonsense, you can see that they care enough to take the time to do something.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS