Login

russian armor

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE USF HEAVY ARMOR༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

20 Jan 2015, 05:41 AM

90mm HVAP substantially outperforms the 17 pounder, which is more analogous to the 76mm gun found on the E8 Sherman. All three guns are capable of penetrating the frontal armour of a Konigstiger at combat ranges, assuming the appropriate ammunition is used.
20 Jan 2015, 05:47 AM

90mm HVAP substantially outperforms the 17 pounder, which is more analogous to the 76mm gun found on the E8 Sherman. All three guns are capable of penetrating the frontal armour of a Konigstiger at combat ranges, assuming the appropriate ammunition is used.

nope, allied players HAVE to have superior early game control, and have RNGesus on their side to get the the penetrations need to take out any heavy armour the germans can call lategame in without even using any base buildings except the first... meanwhile; USA has to tech up all the way, to get a paper thin tank destroyer that MIGHT NOT EVEN EVER PENETRATE
20 Jan 2015, 05:47 AM

USF needs Pershing and more Air Strike capabilities. Ostheer needs flak halftrack, planes need to have HP instead of some random chance of planes going downand players should have an ability to auto repair them for munitions.
20 Jan 2015, 05:49 AM

Except the US didnt produce a lot of HVAP ammunition, whereas Britain had a decent amount of 17 pounder ammunition for their various 17 pounder tanks (late war) and AT guns.

17 pounder and 76mm were somewhat similar... Depends on what they were mounted on and the variation of the gun. 17 pounder shells were a bit heavier, a bit larger, and had a bit higher muzzle velocity... But that didnt mean it was necessarily better given RoF and accuracy for a 76mm... Given tanks with those cannons used APCBC ammunition.

Hastily looked at forums. :P

I'd leave British weapons to the Commonwealth - when they come around.
20 Jan 2015, 06:06 AM

USF needs Pershing and more Air Strike capabilities. Ostheer needs flak halftrack, planes need to have HP instead of some random chance of planes going downand players should have an ability to auto repair them for munitions.

I think it's too late and adding more commanders in an effort to redesign the faction is a bit of a fool's errand at this stage methinks. I don't want to end up in a situation where there's 2 viable commanders and everything else is left in the dust.

I do think they could really use a Pershing commander for team games though.
20 Jan 2015, 07:06 AM

I think it's too late and adding more commanders in an effort to redesign the faction is a bit of a fool's errand at this stage methinks. I don't want to end up in a situation where there's 2 viable commanders and everything else is left in the dust.

Actually, right now there are 2 viable commanders and everything else is left in the dust.
20 Jan 2015, 07:07 AM

Actually, right now there are two 2 viable commanders and everything else is left in the dust.

I meant in a situation where there's tons and tons of commanders :P

I feel like AB, Infantry and Rifle are all perfectly viable for USF tho.
20 Jan 2015, 07:09 AM

We already have a situation with many commanders being "left in the dust." What we should really be concerned about is this if this could balance the game and if this will diverse game play even further, even if it means useless commanders would become abandoned as a result. They are most likely poorly designed in the first place.
20 Jan 2015, 07:19 AM

Can't add Pershings, they were only used a few times during the war, unlike very common Axis units like Sturmtigers, IR searchlight halftracks and Ostwind Flakpanzers, which were basically the heart and soul of all 1944 German activity on both fronts.

And it would be against the design of the faction to give them a heavy tank, it would be almost as strange as if a doctrine allowed OKW to get a medium tank callin.

My rage was growing really fast until "unlike" :clap:

It's not just 'during the war', it's 'during the Battle of the Bulge'. The Sturmtiger saw action in the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium, the Pershing did not see action until 1 month later in Germany.

And did they use Flaktruck there? In game we have the most uncommon version of flak (only 12 were made) and I can't find any informations that those flaks were used there.
20 Jan 2015, 09:37 AM

Can't add Pershings, they were only used a few times during the war, unlike very common Axis units like Sturmtigers, IR searchlight halftracks and Ostwind Flakpanzers, which were basically the heart and soul of all 1944 German activity on both fronts.

And it would be against the design of the faction to give them a heavy tank, it would be almost as strange as if a doctrine allowed OKW to get a medium tank callin.

There is one, Elite Armour,you get 2 P4s.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297513/
20 Jan 2015, 09:40 AM

And did they use Flaktruck there? In game we have the most uncommon version of flak (only 12 were made) and I can't find any informations that those flaks were used there.

Doesn't matter, Flaks mounted on Half-Tracks and Trucks were used extensively by Germany in the Ardennes and every other theater. Heavy Tanks were not used by the Americans until we were in Germany.
20 Jan 2015, 09:52 AM

There is one, Elite Armour,you get 2 P4s.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297513/

That's the joke.jpg
20 Jan 2015, 09:57 AM

That's the joke.jpg

It's a bad joke, there's nowhere that says OKW can't have medium tanks, but it has been stated that USF can't have heavy tanks.
20 Jan 2015, 10:12 AM

Actually, right now there are 2 viable commanders and everything else is left in the dust.

Every USF commander has his use. Likewise OKW commanders are useful except for elite armour. That is just pure crap.

Relic was more thoughtful with the WFA commanders if you compare them to some vanilla commanders.
20 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM

USF doesnt need heavy Armor. Why can't you see that? I play USF and realize they don't need it. The idea is you get a strong enough early/mid that you don't need to face roll them with a heavy tank. The factions need variety. Use combined arms, P47's, AT guns to win the late.
20 Jan 2015, 10:24 AM

The United States Military did not have any "heavy" armour on the field during the time frame that CoH2 is set in. The closest you will get to heavy is the jumbo and even then it is still considered a mix medium and heavy class.

Nuff said, case closed. I'd be happy to see jumbo as it would be historically accurate, if that's not good enough then the argument is not worth having unfortunately.
20 Jan 2015, 10:33 AM

It's a bad joke, there's nowhere that says OKW can't have medium tanks, but it has been stated that USF can't have heavy tanks.

Whether or not it's mentioned in an official statement or not, the fact of the matter is OKW doesn't get medium tanks under normal circumstances. They get light vehicles, then skip straight to heavies. Yet a doctrine provides them with these Medium tanks that they would otherwise lack. You can certainly argue that it's not a particularly viable doctrine, yet it is an example of an obvious category of units that is missing from their faction that is overcome by an unlockable/purchasable doctrine. It's not like every second doctrine provides them with a medium, in the same way that every other Soviet doctrine provides them with a heavy callin of some kind or an elite infantry unit of some kind and is thus expected to be a standard feature of an army.

These vision statements were not and have never been iron clad contracts. "Air support was virtually non-existent" = they get a pretty amazing strafing run+paradrop ability - coincidentally the USF only get one airstrike. Enormous fuel shortages = cheapest teching in the game, fuel salvage, resource diversion, and the ability to field Panthers faster than the non-shortaged Ostheer faction. Even after the game came out, they experimented with significantly altering the "resource shortage" part of OKW and in one patch literally gave the faction full munitions income. If Relic believes the game can be improved, they're not going to go "oh well, sorry, the vision statement says no!" Particularly if some future DLC pack adds Theatre of War type missions set after the Battle of the Bulge where it would be thematically appropriate to add a Pershing. But nobody should get upset if a Pershing somehow found its way back through the same time portal that sucked the Vampir STG44s from Feb '45 into active service during the Bulge.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2015, 10:15 AMdTox
USF doesnt need heavy Armor. Why can't you see that? I play USF and realize they don't need it. The idea is you get a strong enough early/mid that you don't need to face roll them with a heavy tank. The factions need variety. Use combined arms, P47's, AT guns to win the late.

It's not needed for 1v1s but would go a long way to making USF competitive in team games, particularly the larger ones.
20 Jan 2015, 10:39 AM

Whether or not it's mentioned in an official statement or not, the fact of the matter is OKW doesn't get medium tanks under normal circumstances. They get light vehicles, then skip straight to heavies. Yet a doctrine provides them with these Medium tanks that they would otherwise lack.

If USF gets a Heavy Tank Doctrine, I want OKW to get a Full Resource Doctrine. There's no reason one side should be able to 'fill in' their disadvantage and not the other.
20 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM

USF doesn't need heavy armor, axis (and to a lesser extent soviet) heavy armor needs a nerf.
20 Jan 2015, 10:54 AM

Whether or not it's mentioned in an official statement or not, the fact of the matter is OKW doesn't get medium tanks under normal circumstances. They get light vehicles, then skip straight to heavies. Yet a doctrine provides them with these Medium tanks that they would otherwise lack. You can certainly argue that it's not a particularly viable doctrine, yet it is an example of an obvious category of units that is missing from their faction that is overcome by an unlockable/purchasable doctrine. It's not like every second doctrine provides them with a medium, in the same way that every other Soviet doctrine provides them with a heavy callin of some kind or an elite infantry unit of some kind and is thus expected to be a standard feature of an army.

These vision statements were not and have never been iron clad contracts. "Air support was virtually non-existent" = they get a pretty amazing strafing run+paradrop ability - coincidentally the USF only get one airstrike. Enormous fuel shortages = cheapest teching in the game, fuel salvage, resource diversion, and the ability to field Panthers faster than the non-shortaged Ostheer faction. Even after the game came out, they experimented with significantly altering the "resource shortage" part of OKW and in one patch literally gave the faction full munitions income. If Relic believes the game can be improved, they're not going to go "oh well, sorry, the vision statement says no!" Particularly if some future DLC pack adds Theatre of War type missions set after the Battle of the Bulge where it would be thematically appropriate to add a Pershing. But nobody should get upset if a Pershing somehow found its way back through the same time portal that sucked the Vampir STG44s from Feb '45 into active service during the Bulge.

It's not needed for 1v1s but would go a long way to making USF competitive in team games, particularly the larger ones.

Balancing team games is the dumbest thing Relic could do for COH2. If you want competitive team games play DOTA or some other game built around team play. COH2, DOW2, etc, will never be balanced in team games when they can hardly even balance 1vs1's. Don't even think about it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★