Login

russian armor

OKW extremly OP, when a new patch will be out?

PAGES (7)down
15 Jan 2015, 17:49 PM

I've had it with OKW. Its causing too many issues.

Every fucking game i must face blob after blob. (even in the top 200 AT 2v2 ladder)

Okw is not fun to fight or play. They require very little cerebral activity to play. The only choice you would ever make is too go for stuka or something else.

There always comes that point in the game where ur units just cant compete and u slowly lose as OKw units gain vet.

Haha i thought you were talking abt rifle blob and free units as wehr.Replace stuka choice with cpt or Lt.
Its good OPKW gives USF a taste of their own medicine.blob defeated by badder blob.Its poetic justice.
15 Jan 2015, 18:02 PM

I'll tell you a secret. It's not OKW design, it's you.

Oh wonderful, another post with zero arguments refuting the original post but insulting the poster.
15 Jan 2015, 18:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Those are the stats for the last patches or the overall stats?
Also, it would be lovely having the stats for specific AT combinations. I'm pretty sure double OKW and double SU are on the top, followed up by mix Allies/Axis and on the bottom double OH/USF.

And i'm also gonna say that double OKW gives the fastest wins. Flak HT + Luch tends to force surrenders faster if the game is imbalanced.
15 Jan 2015, 18:19 PM

damn good post purlictor!!!
15 Jan 2015, 18:22 PM

U must be a 10k ladder scrub to not see the obvious

Nope nerf OKW,i don't care at all.I'm just enjoying the show in this case.Same faction that blobs hideously when playing against ost cries abt the same thing when playing OKW.Its amusing truly.Relic's idea of irony.
15 Jan 2015, 18:30 PM

Doing Kugels and Kegels increases Kubel suppression and also performs "male enhancement." :)

Just so we're clear:

Kugel:

Kegel:

Kubel:

IF OKW had female drivers they could actually eat a Kugel in their Kubel while doing Kegels. But this would probably be OP.
15 Jan 2015, 18:31 PM

Permanently Banned

Nope nerf OKW,i don't care at all.I'm just enjoying the show in this case.Same faction that blobs hideously when playing against ost cries abt the same thing when playing OKW.Its amusing truly.Relic's idea of irony.

LMG gren+halftrack blob > Rifle blob
15 Jan 2015, 18:40 PM
Donator 33

Guys, it's got an umlaut; "Kübelwagen" - it was made by Hyacinth's grandfather, before he changed his name to a British one, keeping up appearances.

Riddle me that ;o)
15 Jan 2015, 18:40 PM

LMG gren+halftrack blob > Rifle blob

15 Jan 2015, 18:42 PM

Guys, it's got an umlaut; "Kübelwagen" - it was made by Hyacinth's grandfather, before he changed his name to a British one, keeping up appearances.

Riddle me that ;o)

Ill see your umlaut and counter with my American Keyboard has no such feature. For in Merica we do not recognize your fancy umlaut!

:ot:
15 Jan 2015, 18:57 PM

OKW consistently has the highest winrate in 1v1 and 2v2. They are OP in 1v1: They are straight up broken in 2v2s.

Let's look at the ladder shall we? Compared to soviets, for the top10 (accurate 15-01-15, if I miscalculated please let me know):

1v1:
OKW - 2103W/443L - lose 1 out of every 5.7 games.
Soviets 5307/1742L- lose 1 out of every 4.0 games.

By comparison, US is at 1778/460 - 1L in 4.9 and Ostheer is obviously last although with a better than expected 1L in 3.8 (5035/1810)

2v2R:
OKW - 2250W/723L - lose 1 out of every 4.1 games.
Soviets - 2586W/1381L - lose 1 out of every 2.9 games.

And that's not even looking at the fact that soviets must face the (arguably) underpowered Ostheer.

Maybe it's because AT stats aren't counted? Nope, AT still says the same thing (I think it's fair to assume double ostheer is not an important factor in these winrates):

2v2 AT:
Axis - 1706W/239L - lose 1 out of every 8.1 games
Allies - 1658W/320L - lose 1 out of every 6.1 games

Top10 ladder not enough you say? I would disagree. As shown the sample size is easily large enough, but if you want tourney stats, here we go:

From Round 3 to 6 (round 2 has an incorrect calculation):
OKW total: 53W/44L - 1 in 2.2, 55% winrate, with an abysmal 9.1% winrate on Semois OKW still manages to get an above 50% winrate.

Then there's the constant 75% searching axis in 2v2 ladder.

Finally, some personal gripes:

Stuka - This thing is so fucking ridiculous. It kills any infantry it touches instantly. Only the B4 can compare, but the stuka is mobile so can never be killed. In 2v2s, this unit is massively overpowered.
Obers - Need I say more?
Vet5 - Why does this faction need vet5? Even historically this is stupid, why would troops stationed on the western front be more experienced than their counterparts on the eastern front when the most experienced ones there actually came from the fight with the soviet union. How does it make sense that a squad of volks comprised of old men and young boys can gain more experience than guard and grenadier squads that have been fighting the entire war? Of course the realism argument doesn't matter when it comes to balance, but it does when considering the faction design. It adds nothing to the game whatsoever, since gaining vet is so meaningless once you have a schreck. It only means that volks with schrecks get even better in the late game.
KT - Sure, it takes a lot to tech to. But why should this thing be completely unkillable by any AT gun and have such massive AoE it easily wipes 6-man squads in a single shot?
Schwerer Panzer T4 building - You know what, why don't we add a flak gun that completely nullifies anything not a tank in a massive radius that only long range AT can touch? Sounds good. And the worst thing is, it's only slightly more expensive fuel wise than soviet tech building that have no other function than unlock T3/T4 units.

Not to say the other factions don't have their own share of bullshit options, but OKW has by far the most and is easily the most forgiving and easiest to play faction in the game.

The biggest problem with OKW remains that it is a micro-less blobbing faction.

To play at an intermediate level, all other factions require micro, tactical positioning, and anticipation of an opponent's moves (ie., moving MGs, keeping grens in cover at range, flanking with conscripts/rifles). The Kugel + the high resiliency of vet OKW troops means that all you have to do is survive to win, but with the "noob friendly MG" that is the Kugel a finger on the reverse button is all that's needed to have an extremely powerful early game as well. To counter the Kugel, 5-man squads and a free assault unit, an Allied player has to do twice the micro and be acting twice as quick as the OKW player. It's imbalance at the micro-level. I don't think anyone's done it but I'm pretty sure if you analyzed the CPM of the last tourney, you would see that Allied players generally have much higher CPM, not because they are faster, but because OKW players just don't have to do as much.

In my opinion, the early game is still the big problem, because all the other stuff everyone complains about (Panthers, Luchs, Obers) are not nearly as powerful if you take away the incredibly strong OKW early game. Imbalance snowballs as the game progresses, and I put it to you that the early game is the problem, not the late-game units.

These two.

Nothing else needs to be said. These are the issues with OKW. Completely brain dead faction. Their supposed weakness, early game, isn't even a weakness with the mobile-MG42 Kubel. And as the mid game progresses into late, all the other issues become compounded and even more potent.

Relic, why are you so, so hopelessly bad at balancing your otherwise great games? For god sake, use your effin brains.

I cannot believe, even with all this post-game DLC and monetization, you are still giving such sucky support. How can you expect this game to be taken seriously by its players and fans? Why release an 'esports' patch with such sucky balance? Sigh.
15 Jan 2015, 22:03 PM

Oh wonderful, another post with zero arguments refuting the original post but insulting the poster.

You were complaining about issues that aren't issues at all. You were complaining about units that are very good in their role. Sorry if I was to quick to come to this conclusion but something tells me I was right anyway.
15 Jan 2015, 22:29 PM
Donator 11

People in the shoutbox talking about some patch, but I cant see any new patch
15 Jan 2015, 22:33 PM

People in the shoutbox talking about some patch, but I cant see any new patch

Just trolling, there is no patch.
15 Jan 2015, 22:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The cake is a lie, sadly.
15 Jan 2015, 22:38 PM

Ill see your umlaut and counter with my American Keyboard has no such feature. For in Merica we do not recognize your fancy umlaut!

You can still write it without Umlaut, like "UE".

15 Jan 2015, 23:05 PM

You were complaining about issues that aren't issues at all. You were complaining about units that are very good in their role. Sorry if I was to quick to come to this conclusion but something tells me I was right anyway.

Which specific unit? And I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out that OKW can be beat, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. The ISG is utter fucking garbage and defending that piece of shit should be a ban worthy offense.
15 Jan 2015, 23:51 PM
Patrion 14

Just trolling, there is no patch.

usf bug fixes
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias