Login

russian armor

Weapon Stats

14 Jan 2015, 09:47 AM

Hi,

You know that USF base has bars and bazookas in the weapon racks. Any squad has empty slot can be equipped with them. Do rifles equipped with bazooka have weapon stats (accuracy, penetration, damage etc.) for bazooka as the same as rears equipped with bazooka?

I mean both bazooka perform the same or different?
14 Jan 2015, 10:07 AM

Yes, those stats are determined by the weapon itself. A BAR held by Rear Echelon Troops will perform the same as one used by Riflemen, same with Bazookas. In fact all weapons that can be dropped will perform the same when picked up by another squad. Veterancy bonuses effect them differently though, because units have different Veterancy bonuses.

It's actually a good idea to put Bazookas on Rear Echelon Troops because they are cheap to reinforce and with a Bazooka, easy to vet up. They also aren't primary combat units, so unlike Riflemen, losing DPS isn't a concern. BAR's and M1919's can also make RET's more combat effective so they can play a supporting role alongside Riflemen.
14 Jan 2015, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the reply. And yes, that's my point why I am curious about that. If a bazooka doesnt lose its efficiency, then I might consider to equipt REs rather than rifles in order not to lose ai firepower. They may be a nice soft antivehicle capability
15 Jan 2015, 04:02 AM
Patrion 28

no, they won't. small arms at least scale with the cost of the squad (an LMG34 on an ober squad does more damage than on cons, although it's still insanely good anyway you look at it). i don't know about ballistic weapons though, which includes schrecks and bazookas.

they talked about it a bit in one of the big patches shortly after WFA came out.

and yes, RETs are a good use for bazookas, particularly with vet, for reasons similar to schreck volks.
15 Jan 2015, 04:16 AM

no, they won't. small arms at least scale with the cost of the squad (an LMG34 on an ober squad does more damage than on cons, although it's still insanely good anyway you look at it). i don't know about ballistic weapons though, which includes schrecks and bazookas.

Anyone know if this is true? I knew small arms like the Mosin Nagant / Kar98k scaled with cost so different units that used the same weapon, like Cons/CEngis, would do different damage, but I had always thought that didn't carry over to droppable/equipable weapons.
15 Jan 2015, 04:45 AM
Patrion 28

tried to find the patch notes for it but couldn't in 5 minutes.

RETs with BARs are much more effective though, particularly their suppression. whether it's worth it or not is a personal decision.
15 Jan 2015, 07:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

some squads have a base accuracy modifier regardless of weapon they carry (grens and assault engineers come to mind) so if they pick up weapons they will function better than on other squads
15 Jan 2015, 10:44 AM

Untrue. Some default weapons units use have been scaled for cost, such as shock PPSH being far better than any other PPSH in the game, or assgren MP40s being stronger than Pioneer MP40s, etc. Droppable weapons will not magically change performance when picked up by another squad, an irregular LMG42 is horrible even in the hands of a grenadier, and a grenadier LMG42 is awesome even in the hands of an irregular.

some squads have a base accuracy modifier regardless of weapon they carry (grens and assault engineers come to mind) so if they pick up weapons they will function better than on other squads

True yet kinda inaccurate, effectively every single squad in the game except rear echelons has this modifier. 95% of units have 15%, a few more expensive units like shocks and PGrens and for some reason assgrens have 20%.

15 Jan 2015, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 10:44 AMCruzz

Untrue. Some default weapons units use have been scaled for cost, such as shock PPSH being far better than any other PPSH in the game, or assgren MP40s being stronger than Pioneer MP40s, etc. Droppable weapons will not magically change performance when picked up by another squad, an irregular LMG42 is horrible even in the hands of a grenadier, and a grenadier LMG42 is awesome even in the hands of an irregular.

True yet kinda inaccurate, effectively every single squad in the game except rear echelons has this modifier. 95% of units have 15%, a few more expensive units like shocks and PGrens and for some reason assgrens have 20%.

I wish irregulars could pick up weapons; not being able to is yet another reason they suck. I don't think the DP irregulars can even pick up their own DP if they drop it (which happens a lot). It's pretty sad.
Anyway, back on topic, if I tech zooks, I always put em on REs first as theyre great bazooka platforms.
15 Jan 2015, 18:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 10:44 AMCruzz

how did I miss that lol. Do you think this is from when they buffed the lethality across the board?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak