Login

russian armor

Company of Blobs, if you only solo, dont read

12 Jan 2015, 16:16 PM

Dont underestimate the input of an individual in a position of power.

12 Jan 2015, 16:30 PM

When I am acting as lead Architect things go MY WAY. When I am a supporting Architect I am just doing work for the lead. I am sure with game design its similar.

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,5748/

Same person, not position.
Same people worked on vcoh, OF and to an extend CoH2.

So choose your words wisely, unless you want to blame Quinn for all the "evil" of coh2 that wasn't there in coh1(even thou it was there just as bad or worse).

Dont underestimate the input of an individual in a position of power.

I don't, I just don't believe that individual always have to be right and always be doing right decisions, even when past experience screams "bad idea".

12 Jan 2015, 16:43 PM

Sad fact is if your the lead and your names on it...the product is your responsibility. If engineers fuck up my design (happens alot) I am to blame.

Which is why when I am lead it goes MY WAY. The Buck stops with the lead. So if anyone would be to blame it would be the lead designer. Assuming that it works similar to my field.

For example listening to too many "Good idea fairies" is the fault of the lead Architect in my field.
12 Jan 2015, 17:08 PM

Permanently Banned

OKW have an extremely weak early game.

12 Jan 2015, 17:31 PM
Patrion 14

^ Exactly, recently in 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 I've seen the power of the early OKW blob. Forget kubels - it's 2 x Sturms then volks, volks, volks, volks...

Next thing you know they've got a gun truck on the cut-off and gg.

I know, it's coh2.org--- L2p kappa (etc)

zzzzz
12 Jan 2015, 17:33 PM

Does not matter matter, who have better blob. (My Kung-fu, ehm, my blob is better, then your blob)

Blob itself is enemy all of us, who likes tactics. Ballance is second problem.

I like this game, but please, let us Relic know, we want tactics back.
12 Jan 2015, 17:38 PM

There is a insane amount of blob killers on both sides, acting like you are utterly helpless in the face of a blob no matter what faction you take is dense.

Yes blob's need to be nerfed, but the game is fucked right now for reasons other than blobs atm.
12 Jan 2015, 17:48 PM

Blobbing is just a symptom, foundational issues with the faction design is the disease.
12 Jan 2015, 17:50 PM
Patrion 14

I didn't say I was utterly helpless. What I did do, though, was go for the usually very strong T1 Sov opening against OKW. The sturms shot up the M3, penal troops are mediocre against volks and the quick Death-star-on-tracks that is the fap-halfie is never far behind.

The argument that "if you can't take out OKW in the early game then you deserve to lose" is even more dense.

They can build more or less everything they need from their base building FFS. Then comes the elite call-in infantry....
12 Jan 2015, 19:33 PM

Beating OKW as soviets is easy, soviets have the most effective and high quantity indirect fire in the game. All OKW has to counters your B4/mortars/howitzers/katyushas is the Walking Stuka.
12 Jan 2015, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
The History Of Blob Warfare: Parts 1-9000

Early 1914:

French military commanders are desperate to come up with some sort of weapon which could potentially win the war quickly for France and their allies. During one of the numerous military experiments the top French military scientists were conducting, they accidentally came across what would soon become one of the deadliest weapons ever created by mankind.

From the journal of Màjor Bernard Piérre de le Blôb, French Military Scientist;

While testing certain firearms at the secret firearms range here in Paris, several of the shooters stood together, more closer than usual and fired all at the same target accidentally. The results we're astounding; we noticed the closer together they stood, the greater effect on the single target. Instead of firing a single bullet at each individual target from each shooter, all shooters would fire at the same target, putting multiple bullets into the same target, thus ensuring they were dead. We soon discovered that grouping soldiers up in this fashion would not only cause more overall damage to the enemy but it improved the soldiers morale much more to be so close to their comrades.

The discovery amazed French top brass, and the plans for the first blobs to be used in live combat against the enemy were put into effect. The first blob factory to produce blobs was constructed immediately in Paris.

12 Jan 2015, 19:39 PM

Blobbing is just a symptom, foundational issues with the faction design is the disease.

And forward retreat/reinforce points are the cause.

You are not punished with loss of field presence, you just "restart" your blob in last sector and keep going and you can cover much more field with your blob thanks to forward retreat point.
12 Jan 2015, 19:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ sneakking

Very good :D
12 Jan 2015, 20:00 PM
Donator 11

Found it MVGame

50 tanks in an inverted wedge attacking a 1000 meter wide area is not a "blob"......
12 Jan 2015, 20:05 PM

The History Of Blob Warfare: Parts 1-9000

Early 1914:

French military commanders are desperate to come up with some sort of weapon which could potentially win the war quickly for France and their allies. During one of the numerous military experiments the top French military scientists were conducting, they accidentally came across what would soon become one of the deadliest weapons ever created by mankind.

From the journal of Màjor Bernard Piérre de le Blôb, French Military Scientist;

The discovery amazed French top brass, and the plans for the first blobs to be used in live combat against the enemy were put into effect. The first blob factory to produce blobs was constructed immediately in Paris.

Just plain awesome. Thank you sir.
12 Jan 2015, 20:46 PM

The main problem I read about OKW is the blob. So I ask why in the world would you let a game vs OKW go for long enough that they can get a vet 5 blob in the first place?

OKW have an extremely weak early game. Non vetted Volks can be squad wiped easily by basically anything. Failing that inflict as many casualties as you can. Follow up with AT grens, flamers or even better an early ATG to destroy the first truck they place. (this is assuming they do so outside of base sector). And you have basically won already.

Now many people are going to argue this point with me and that is fine everyone has a right to an opinion. All I ask is that you try it before arguing that I am wrong.

And always remember, against a skilled OKW player the battle is won for and against them in the early game, if your opponent is skilled enough to survive, they become much like a tidal wave.

Um.. i will have to disagree. Its fairly easy to get high vet volks. Shooting at armor makes you vet up extremely quickly.

Also, OKW have a potent early game now with all the buffs they got and nerfs to some other Allied stuff. Kubel + volks + sturmpios are very powerful. You can even use your truck to destroy enemy cover and to displace enemy troops. Its pretty potent
12 Jan 2015, 20:48 PM
Patrion 14

@ Sneakking - Man, I want to try that now!

History of the elite SS Division 'Das Blobhaus'

Records suggest Standartenfuhrer Oskar Bhlob first devised the lethal infantry tactic known as *Blobgruppen*

Used initially by SS Div. Das Blobhaus at Kursk in the summer of 1943, the use of massed elite infantry marching shoulder-by-shoulder might have turned the course of the war.

"If only we'd had the Blobgruppe at Stalingrad," said ex-division Scharman Hans Krunch, "we'd have won. As it was the battle was fought by the Ostheer, equipped with cardboard scout cars and suboptimal Tier Four choices."

Oskar Bhlob was an instructor at the SS school at Bad Tolz when he noticed that when marching close together, heavily-muscled recruits of low intelligence formed a strange, almost mystical uber-shield that deflected bullets.

"Himmler came to Bad Tolz to see a demonstration," recalls Bhlob, who even when interviewed in 1988 still had five gold stars floating over his head, "we lined up four squads and fired a maxim gun at them. There was, quite literally, no effect apart from a few scratches."

The Division, which had no need of tanks, first deployed in the third wave at Kursk. "We were equipped with magical Kubelwagen," said Bhlob, "which moved at incredible speed and were fitted with MG34s blessed by the Fuhrer himself. Two of them could pin down a company of Russkis quite easily."

He remembers their first fateful engagement.

"Each Blobgruppen had four panzerfausts and an MG34. At Ponyri they bested a T34/85 battlegroup with ease. Ivan's tank guns had no effect, bouncing off the SS men's heavily-polished foreheads. It was marvelous to behold!"

Seven Knight's Crosses were awarded, with diamond blob clusters.

Sadly, the Blobgruppen were squandered in set-piece battles by generals with no understanding of their potential.

The last of these legendary warriors were seen forming an orderly line, six deep, in front of an IS-2 tank in Berlin. It was April 1945.

"If only we'd had a tiny rocket gun," said Bhlob, a tear in his eye, "we would have won."

12 Jan 2015, 21:53 PM
Donator 11

Men of War does not have a blob problem becouse HMG cuts a blob in a sec. Spread troops and cover, cover, cover.
12 Jan 2015, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 22:22 PMluvnest
"if you only solo, dont read"

:facepalm:

The best way to get all the people who only solo to read this thread
12 Jan 2015, 22:09 PM

never had any issues with blobs. neither usf nor okw. the ppl i see blobbing are always rank 1000+ish and its a really bad start map control wise

The majority of the gaming population exists at rank 1000+. In 2v2s that includes me. Considering the 500 rifle starts and sniper cheese I see from higher ranked games I'm not really convinced that the problem lies with me, but rather in the state of the meta as dictated by the current balance situation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 12
unknown 5
Netherlands 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak