Login

russian armor

soviet t3 and t4 cost issues....

PAGES (7)down
15 Jan 2015, 03:25 AM
Patrion 28

No, you can still fight the T-34/85 or Easy Eight with the Panzer IV, you're just disadvantaged. Disadvantaged like how the T-34/76 is disadvantaged against the Panzer IV. In fact the Panzer IV is less disadvantaged than that because you have Infantry AT weapons. Also the OKW gets Panthers in 1v1 almost every game.

actually, unless they've changed the pen/armour stats for either significantly since WFA came out the IV is hard countered by the E8. countered as hard as the V counters the E8. you're better off going with infantry based AT against E8s if you don't have t4 or callins. i have no idea about the IV vs the 34/85 as i haven't seen that fight in a LONG time.

that said, i'm not sure how much of an issue it is since the E8 got a cost increase as the IV vs 34/85 fight was never a problem.
15 Jan 2015, 11:49 AM

So you agree with my point that the T-34 excels at nothing and needs to be buffed so it can be useful like the Sherman and Panzer IV. The only thing the T-34/76 is currently good for is being spammed with Soviet Industry in a 3v3 or 4v4, and even then it's not great because the manpower costs limit you.

The very definition of the generalist tanks. but i guess allied fanboys are not satisfied until the t-34 has the dps and penetration of the su85 and the ai of the kv8. also that the p4 wins is logical because its more expensive.

No, you can still fight the T-34/85 or Easy Eight with the Panzer IV, you're just disadvantaged. Disadvantaged like how the T-34/76 is disadvantaged against the Panzer IV. In fact the Panzer IV is less disadvantaged than that because you have Infantry AT weapons. Also the OKW gets Panthers in 1v1 almost every game.

not even fucking close the t-34 still has a chance of winning in an equal encounter but the p4 has no chance especially not against the e8.and what should the okw build anyway?
15 Jan 2015, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 10:39 AMJaigen

so it has better ai who gives a damn. people are complaining about its at abilities and in that regard the sherman, p4 and t-34 are not that different. but yes the sherman is currently the best stock medium tank in the game. but its the p4 thats currently the worst stock tank at the moment. slightly better stats for 25% more fuel (only 5 fuel less then the 85). So whining about how bad the t-34 is while i see it in quite a few games while the p4 and the overall ostheer tier 3 is in a far worse state is biased to say the least.

/disagree

Overall better survivability through
  • smoke launchers
  • blitz
  • vet2 bonus armor
  • possibility to bounce AT nades (chance not to get snared)
  • generally worse enemy handheld AT

If I have to choose between 4 Pz.IV and 5 T-34/76 I would pick Pz.IV all the time no matter what.
I'd rather pay 125 fuel for a tank, than 100 fuel for a dead tank.

I want to add that both Soviet and Ostheer T3 are overcosted and suffers almost the same teching problems.
15 Jan 2015, 14:30 PM

T-34 is fine in terms of damage for its cost(Relic actually buffed the damage before WFA). The only problem I have with the T-34 is the accuracy. I hate the fact that the T-34 misses 2/3 of its shots in dire situation. Also, the vet ability is a bit lame, perhaps buffing the ram with vet bonus would make it suffice.
15 Jan 2015, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 11:49 AMJaigen
The very definition of the generalist tanks. but i guess allied fanboys are not satisfied until the t-34 has the dps and penetration of the su85 and the ai of the kv8. also that the p4 wins is logical because its more expensive.

No, the Panzer IV is the very definition of a generalist tank, the T-34/85 is the definition of a generalist tank. The T-34/76 is the definition of an under-performing tank. A generalist tank can take on Infantry or Vehicles with decent results, but is not dedicated to either role. The T-34/76 cannot fight either with favourable results. Against Infantry, it's a low RNG chance to hit anything, and one squad of Volksgrenadiers is enough to force it to retreat. Against Vehicles it's the same story, any Axis Tank is enough to push it back.

It doesn't have speed, it doesn't have damage, it doesn't have reload, it doesn't have accuracy, it doesn't have abilities, it doesn't have penetration, it doesn't have health, it doesn't have armour, it doesn't have veterancy... Tell me, what use does this thing have? This thing is so bad that Soviets avoid using it because you don't get much out of it. Even at Vet 3 the thing is so bad I don't notice any glaring differences in its performance, even when I'm fighting them. My Panzer IV still wins, my Panzerschrecks still chase it away.

Here's Relic's intent for the T-34/76:

Relative to the Panzer IV, the T34 will lose the majority of engagements unless it is able to capitalize on its superior mobility. However, the T34 outperforms the Panzer IV against soft targets.

The problem is, the T-34 lacks superior mobility and performs worse against Infantry.

T-34 is fine in terms of damage for its cost(Relic actually buffed the damage before WFA). The only problem I have with the T-34 is the accuracy. I hate the fact that the T-34 misses 2/3 of its shots in dire situation. Also, the vet ability is a bit lame, perhaps buffing the ram with vet bonus would make it suffice.

I'm not sure where you're getting this. The T-34/76 does 160 damage like the vast majority of AT Guns and Tank Guns in the game. It's been standardised like this for months before WFA came out.
15 Jan 2015, 22:20 PM

Swap the T-34/76 with double T-34/76 call-in and make T-34/85 at Tier3 with 140fuel?

I'm sure someone suggest it,and its very resonable to make the call-in weaker and act like a stop-gap solution.

T-34/76 is bad for its costs and AI/AT, and T3 is a dead end.
16 Jan 2015, 04:45 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, both the sherman and IV are generalist tanks and both excel against infantry. right now that has more to do with squad formations than anything else but changing that will hurt the 34/76 worse than either of the first.
16 Jan 2015, 06:28 AM

Pz4 worst stock tank? God damn....i have heard it all...
16 Jan 2015, 06:47 AM

P4 is a god, i remember when it was anti armor but guards could kill it, now it fucking squadwipes anything that looks at it wrong

nerf pls
16 Jan 2015, 07:11 AM

sov t3 and t4 just feels like midgame tiers producing midgame units. Meanwhile, Ost and OKW dont need a commander to win
16 Jan 2015, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2015, 07:11 AMNinjaWJ
sov t3 and t4 just feels like midgame tiers producing midgame units. Meanwhile, Ost and OKW dont need a commander to win

it's a ill designed faction and forced to make choices which limits the tactics for a player, playing soviet is very boring, ppl keep complaining about a soviet overhaul for years.....relic seems didn't care and just release new factions and new commanders instead. It's a shame this game didn't bring half of its glory compare to the Eastern Front mod.
18 Jan 2015, 07:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Wasn't relic going to overhaul the soviets? Regardless A good suggestion I heard somewhere would of been to reduce cost of the tier you didn't build by half. For example build t1, now t2 is half off. Build t4, t3 is half off. Though I could see this being easy to abuse in small games. Like only use t1 and t2 and wait for all ins.
18 Jan 2015, 07:54 AM

If heavy tank call in cp requirements were increased enough and the KT wasn't a thing I think both Ost and Sov teching would feel much better. The only units that kind of feel like they're underperforming are the t-34/76, the panzerwerfer and of course the SU-76. Right now it just feels so risky to go for the tech play when a Tiger, IS-2 or Panther (from OKW) seems to be not far behind.

For the t-34, I'd buff it's coaxial and hull MGs a little so that it stays with the T3 anti infantry theme but doesn't do any better against armor; for the Pwerfer, I'd just reduce its cool down; and for the SU-76 I'd drastically increase its long range accuracy and slightly increase its penetration to keep it more AT focused as the devs have already stated that they want to keep Sov teching more specialized.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS