Login

russian armor

So when storm troopers getting a buff?

7 Jan 2015, 23:22 PM

^^

I don't care about "proving" this doctrine is viable or not.

I'm playing it and I'm liking the alternative playstyle. It's good fun.

7 Jan 2015, 23:23 PM

Tons of people have been waiting for some partisan/irregular buff for much longer, and shit has happened (except a nerf for lols). You cant expect anything more from stormtroopers. They infiltrate and can do a little more if you spend a ton of munitions, but thats it.

If you expected CoH1 stormtroopers, then too bad.
I wasn't expecting coh strom troopers.Specifically because anything ostheer has is a watered down version of coh1 units. But I was hoping for at least elite infantry able to not humilate themselves vs shock troopers 1 on 1.
7 Jan 2015, 23:25 PM

I wasn't expecting coh strom troopers.Specifically because anything ostheer has is a watered down version of coh1 units. But I was hoping for at least elite infantry able to not humilate themselves vs shock troopers 1 on 1.

OKW stole all the good stuff. :/
8 Jan 2015, 00:30 AM

the doctrine has sprint for INDIVIDUAL squads (unlike tactical movement or whatever its actually called). no matter how bad the rest is (storms are okay, breakthrough can be useful) that little ability alone makes the whole doc worthwile (as ost has decent stock units in all tiers)
8 Jan 2015, 02:04 AM

the doctrine has sprint for INDIVIDUAL squads (unlike tactical movement or whatever its actually called). no matter how bad the rest is (storms are okay, breakthrough can be useful) that little ability alone makes the whole doc worthwile (as ost has decent stock units in all tiers)
The only reason why this doctrine is in my loadout. XD
8 Jan 2015, 03:04 AM

When it was new I had a lot of fun using close the pocket by cutting him off with break through.. Would get a panther rush all the way to his cut off.. Now every one knows and retreats
8 Jan 2015, 03:22 AM

It's not even as good sa hurrah! though, it lasts half of the time of it and it costs the same, it's still great though.
8 Jan 2015, 03:33 AM

It's not even as good sa hurrah! though, it lasts half of the time of it and it costs the same, it's still great though.

ofc it isnt as great as oooraahh. but snipers/mg can use it too... nothing like running away from an m3/m20 with your sniper or having shocks trying to chase a high speed mg42 just to have it set up far away from them
8 Jan 2015, 12:03 PM

This have to be a troll thread as they are perfectly balanced infiltration unit.

Not too cheap, not too expensive, doesn't have OMGWTFBBQ impact when called, can be improved after initial call-in, maintain and vet like core infantry while having abilities and upgrades unique for them.

If anything, partisans and falls should be brought to their level.

Thanks once again for your level over 9000 Allies biased entertaining opinion. ^_^
8 Jan 2015, 12:16 PM

This doctrine would be good, when maps get better cutt off sectors like on Minsk Pocket or Semoisky. So, will be better when relic improves new awesome map with good cutt off than ST gets buff.
8 Jan 2015, 12:37 PM

So would a pio squad if it could pop out of buildings. Infiltration in coh2 is meagerly useful.

By infiltration I did not mean popping out of buildings. Your response shows your narrow definition of tactics and this unit.
8 Jan 2015, 12:46 PM

Ok so in your opinion a storm trooper squad should not be a tiger or elefant. Thanks for sharing your opinion?......

Since the lantern of your(and Porygons) intellect doesn't shine very brightly today, I will explain it as simple as I can:

Tiger spam meta.
STOP.
Encirclement doctrine doesn't have Tiger.
STOP.
Automatically bad because of that.
STOP.
Bad doctrine design for almost all wehr and sov doctrines, leaving only a few valid ones with late game armor.
STOP.
Storms themselves being balanced when called, both for cost and firepower.
STOP.
No wiping weapon teams in 2 seconds, unlike falls.
STOP.
No struggling to decrew AT gun or HMG, unlike partisans.
STOP.
Storms actually scale well into late game thanks to upgrades and good vet.
STOP.
Maintained cheaply, like default infantry.

Now, let it sink.
8 Jan 2015, 12:53 PM

Storm troopers? I'd rather build Pgrens instead :P. I won't pick a doctrine just for them, and this doctrine has little attractive features. Because I don't have Tiger, I need Tiger to win, I can't live whithout Tiger, Tiger, Tiger... no, Katitof? No Tiger, no win for Ostheer, nobody can achieve victory whithout Tiger.
8 Jan 2015, 13:22 PM

The only thing that is bad in storm troops - bad texture STG-44
8 Jan 2015, 19:14 PM

I think the Storm Troopers are perfectly balanced as they are now. I just think the commander is a bit lack luster and very difficult to use. I agree with Katitof, no Tiger (meta) no competitive play.
8 Jan 2015, 21:51 PM

What higher reinforce cost?
They reinforce for 30, same as grens.

Thanks for the correction, I just assumed in this case due to how units are normally costed for reinforcing :)
8 Jan 2015, 21:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2015, 21:51 PMBryan

Thanks for the correction, I just assumed in this case due to how units are normally costed for reinforcing :)

33 actually from what I've seen, not much difference, but it makes them far far cheaper than PGs when given their STG 44s, though PGs do save you more munitions for LMGs.
8 Jan 2015, 21:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

as said before storms are nice, the issue is its in a meh commander
8 Jan 2015, 23:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

as said before storms are nice, the issue is its in a meh commander

They're borderline OP with tactical movement which no one likes to use.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★