Login

russian armor

So when storm troopers getting a buff?

7 Jan 2015, 13:28 PM

They are totally useless atm, that commander is TERRIBLE all round! The squishy as hell and do no dps unless u spend 100 ammo on them :\
7 Jan 2015, 13:32 PM

7 Jan 2015, 13:40 PM

Tactical Advance....

EH?

Makes them die even faster, needs 100 ammo to use still and costs more ammo...

Troll?
7 Jan 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 13:40 PMShadow

EH?

Makes them die even faster, needs 100 ammo to use still and costs more ammo...

Troll?

All Wher infantry(except PGrens) need Muni upgrade to get better DPS. Alos Stormtroopers are not meant to stand in the open trading shots at range with riflemen, they are very good at flanking and getting close. Tactical advance with STG44s(while muni expensive)is one of the best DPS abilities in the game and wipes even Shocktroops at close range in seconds.
7 Jan 2015, 13:55 PM

Don't see why they need a buff, I've had some good fun using them, decent elite infantry, not OP but not to be laughed at either. There's a lot of other units that need serious balancing before Stormtroopers deserve a look in...
7 Jan 2015, 13:58 PM

This have to be a troll thread as they are perfectly balanced infiltration unit.

Not too cheap, not too expensive, doesn't have OMGWTFBBQ impact when called, can be improved after initial call-in, maintain and vet like core infantry while having abilities and upgrades unique for them.

If anything, partisans and falls should be brought to their level.
7 Jan 2015, 14:23 PM

what? ST would be the best infantry in the game if it wasn't for the overall lackluster doctrine
7 Jan 2015, 15:12 PM

Out of the box, they are basically grens minus the rifle nade+faust, but with camo and slightly harder to hit+their call in mechanic for a 100mp more and a higher reinforcement cost. Bit of a shoddy deal tbh.

100 munitions make them Pgrens with camo and tactical advance, +doctrinal sprint, which is okay. I think the upgrade could do with a minor decrease in munitions cost, say to 85/90 munitions. But I can see the logic of the current cost, as they have a better weapon profile then thompsons for example which cost 90 munitions. However my logic for a decreased cost, would be that Pgrens are part of the normal Ostheer tech, so what your really buying the stormtroopers for is the camo and tactical advance combo which can tear apart squads quite fast. That is, including the cost of tactical advance, quite munitions intensive though for a faction quite reliant on munitions already.

The shrek upgrade is alright, only thing i'd change, is give them access to a normal faust with that upgrade to better suit that light AT role.

7 Jan 2015, 17:57 PM

I think they are fine, but I just have an hard time using the doctrine itself, I don't find breakthrough (I think it's called that?) very useful, and the stuka that deactivates points doesn't work if they have a fuel cache on them, also the sturms seem to come abit too late, maybe if they were 1 cp they could be more viable.
7 Jan 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 15:12 PMBryan
Out of the box, they are basically grens minus the rifle nade+faust, but with camo and slightly harder to hit+their call in mechanic for a 100mp more and a higher reinforcement cost.

What higher reinforce cost?
They reinforce for 30, same as grens.
7 Jan 2015, 20:20 PM

No one uses storms. They are overpriced grens with expensive not very useful gimmicky upgrades. I was looking forward to storms before release but afterwards was like meh. they should at least be on par with shock troops, but they are overpriced grens.

Plus the doctrine is a pos. A decapping stuka...really.

A neutral point can be capped in no time. Unless you can do 3 of these at a time why would anyone waste munitions on that. A late-game ability that requires luck/tactical godliness to use?(or a brain dead opponent)

This doctrine is on par with the community made defensive doctrine.....which I am still in shock that the "community" could make such a turd.
7 Jan 2015, 21:52 PM

You must be joking. The Stormtroopers are brilliant in their infiltration role, and if somebody fails at using them as line infantry a-la Grens, it's not an issue of the unit/doctrine.
7 Jan 2015, 22:08 PM

No one uses storms. They are overpriced grens with expensive not very useful gimmicky upgrades. I was looking forward to storms before release but afterwards was like meh. they should at least be on par with shock troops, but they are overpriced grens.

Plus the doctrine is a pos. A decapping stuka...really.

A neutral point can be capped in no time. Unless you can do 3 of these at a time why would anyone waste munitions on that. A late-game ability that requires luck/tactical godliness to use?(or a brain dead opponent)

This doctrine is on par with the community made defensive doctrine.....which I am still in shock that the "community" could make such a turd.

No one uses them, because they are not overpowered and every single wehr player is jerking off on tigers.

If its not powerful medium, or heavy tank, it will never be a part of meta or even part of competitive play.
Most sov and wehr doctrines only confirm that, while devs prefer to stick their heads in their bums and pretend the problem doesn't exist and spamming heavy armor should have absolutely no downside at all.
7 Jan 2015, 22:11 PM

Not everything coming out of buildings has to wreck everything straight away.

Partisans *cough*

(As in, not only übermenschen hid in buildings)
7 Jan 2015, 23:09 PM

You must be joking. The Stormtroopers are brilliant in their infiltration role, and if somebody fails at using them as line infantry a-la Grens, it's not an issue of the unit/doctrine.
So would a pio squad if it could pop out of buildings. Infiltration in coh2 is meagerly useful.
7 Jan 2015, 23:12 PM

Not everything coming out of buildings has to wreck everything straight away.

Partisans *cough*

(As in, not only übermenschen hid in buildings)
The ability to pop out of a building is a poor trade off for the role/combat ability they lost from coh1. Even removing the at will camouflage, they were worth every penny.
7 Jan 2015, 23:13 PM

Don't understand the hate for this doctrine, it promotes an extremely interesting and exciting kind of play which cutting off your opponent and then using callins to flatten them instead of directly attacking them.
Ostheer non-doc units are pretty good and all the encirclement stuff is an awesome bonus.
7 Jan 2015, 23:14 PM

No one uses them, because they are not overpowered and every single wehr player is jerking off on tigers.

If its not powerful medium, or heavy tank, it will never be a part of meta or even part of competitive play.
Most sov and wehr doctrines only confirm that, while devs prefer to stick their heads in their bums and pretend the problem doesn't exist and spamming heavy armor should have absolutely no downside at all.
Ok so in your opinion a storm trooper squad should not be a tiger or elefant. Thanks for sharing your opinion?......
7 Jan 2015, 23:16 PM

The ability to pop out of a building is a poor trade off for the role/combat ability they lost from coh1. Even removing the at will camouflage, they were worth every penny.

Tons of people have been waiting for some partisan/irregular buff for much longer, and shit has happened (except a nerf for lols). You cant expect anything more from stormtroopers. They infiltrate and can do a little more if you spend a ton of munitions, but thats it.

If you expected CoH1 stormtroopers, then too bad.
7 Jan 2015, 23:19 PM

Don't understand the hate for this doctrine, it promotes an extremely interesting and exciting kind of play which cutting off your opponent and then using callins to flatten them instead of directly attacking them.
Ostheer non-doc units are pretty good and all the encirclement stuff is an awesome bonus.

I have to admit i never used it only saw a few mates using it horribly. Havent really seen any casts of anyone using it well except for getting to the nuke evrything ability, which mostly ends the game. But mostly because no one uses it.Ill revisit my opinion when someone proves this to be a viable doctrine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★