Login

russian armor

Long range faction imbalance killing gameplay

6 Jan 2015, 16:19 PM

You also failed to mention the mortor/ISG that was firing at you, the smoke trails and crater can be clearly seen in both pics, try again......

Please, show me ISG somewhere, come on, feel free to do it.

Can we have vid or replay instead of a single pic ? So we know if any player made any other mistakes. Things like moving slightly or getting hit by other things.

AND as always, RNG can be a factor.

It is in replay section but on because of this. I uploaded because I want to know where I did misteake.

Only Jadgpanzer was shooting at Paras but was missing all the time. Yet Im not sure about first shell, maybe it sniped 1 model but I don't think so.
I captured this moment and you can see tha dying model is not in place where Jadgpanzer's shell landed.

Here you have it
6 Jan 2015, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 13:43 PMJaigen

also why highlight the pioneer?

Tier 0 infantry squad that competes with high vet, late game infantry. Only costs man power. Can repair, and salvage resources. Can be upgraded to detect mines. With high vet it actually gets grenades. The only people who are confused over why this is an issue are a bunch of wehraboos.

Am I the only person who remembers when Dawn of War: Dark Crusade first came out and the Necron had something almost identical that bent game balance over and brutalized it with a paddle?

There's something wrong when I can base an operational strategy around building a bunch of Sterp Pioneers, flank the shit out of everything, salvage everything, and shit out a Panther over it. Ignoring for a moment the fact that you get a tier 0 unit with DPS that competes with fully upgraded, high vet Allied infantry- never mind the fact that you must choose commanders that build these units, and that they often have massive, gaping dead zones as you see with Shock troops who's ranged DPS is barely higher than vanilla tier 1 infantry until they close point blank- sterp pioneers represent one of the few units in the game that'll actually give you fuel, potentially munitions, for being a good little Nazi.

Sturmpioneers represent a dead end in game design when you have one faction that simply fields better units but tries to excuse it by making them expensive, and part of the, "end game faction" while willfully denying anything remotely competitive to the other guy. I get not wanting to add M26 Pershings to the game because they had a minor impact on the game, but what about M4A3E2's? Why do both Axis factions get Panther G's while the US and the Soviets need to chose specific commanders to get M4 Sherman's with 76mm guns or T-34-85's? How the hell do you explain the Ostwind, jadtiger, sturmtiger, or KV-8? Most of those had a production run of 50 units or less.
6 Jan 2015, 18:45 PM

smoke grenades!
6 Jan 2015, 19:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 18:35 PMacosn

Sturmpioneers represent a dead end in game design when you have one faction that simply fields better units but tries to excuse it by making them expensive, and part of the, "end game faction" while willfully denying anything remotely competitive to the other guy. I get not wanting to add M26 Pershings to the game because they had a minor impact on the game, but what about M4A3E2's? Why do both Axis factions get Panther G's while the US and the Soviets need to chose specific commanders to get M4 Sherman's with 76mm guns or T-34-85's? How the hell do you explain the Ostwind, jadtiger, sturmtiger, or KV-8? Most of those had a production run of 50 units or less.

6 Jan 2015, 19:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Match analysis.

The engagement:
-Your vet 3 Paras 100%HP with 1919 are running and hitting some Volks retreating
-The SP vet 5 at 3 models and 65% HP on yellow cover start hitting them after turning.
-Paras are running through neutral cover but still not getting hit.
-First Para model is snipe and your LMG deploy. You are mostly on neutral cover (maybe 1/2 models on yellow) at CLOSE RANGE.
-Second para model down. 40% Hp with 4 models vs his %40hp with 3 models (he was lucky no model sniped)
-25% HP for 3 models of SP and 20% for 3 models of Paras. At this point only 1 model is on yellow cover.
-15% HP 3 Paras, 20% HP 2 SP.
-10%HP 2 SP, 5% 2 Paras.

JP and Pak43 were shooting (traces) but they didn't hit, damage nor made them dance.

While RNG was in his favour (if he had lost a model it would had been your victory), you could had avoid that by simple:
-Staying on range.
-Staying on cover.
-Throwing a grenade.
-Using supression ability

If you want to further analyise DPS take into account the veterancy modifiers which are WAY better than what i expected.

6 Jan 2015, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 18:35 PMacosn

Tier 0 infantry squad that competes with high vet, late game infantry. Only costs man power. Can repair, and salvage resources. Can be upgraded to detect mines. With high vet it actually gets grenades. The only people who are confused over why this is an issue are a bunch of wehraboos.

Am I the only person who remembers when Dawn of War: Dark Crusade first came out and the Necron had something almost identical that bent game balance over and brutalized it with a paddle?

There's something wrong when I can base an operational strategy around building a bunch of Sterp Pioneers, flank the shit out of everything, salvage everything, and shit out a Panther over it. Ignoring for a moment the fact that you get a tier 0 unit with DPS that competes with fully upgraded, high vet Allied infantry- never mind the fact that you must choose commanders that build these units, and that they often have massive, gaping dead zones as you see with Shock troops who's ranged DPS is barely higher than vanilla tier 1 infantry until they close point blank- sterp pioneers represent one of the few units in the game that'll actually give you fuel, potentially munitions, for being a good little Nazi.

Well said, however, I think Stormpios perform well in certain close quarter maps against Elite Infantry. I had a hard time using them on Steppes against even Rifiles (assuming concentrated fire) because the lack of cover. Also, I noticed if a player chooses to spam StormPios he/she is at a great disadvantage in terms of MP drain and shrek upgrades.

I think the utility of the Stormpios is what OKW really needs. Since the faction cant med build bunkers, I use the med supplies ability (which cost muni btw). The grenades is in the same boat in terms of its (important) muni use. Honestly, killing the StormPios squad is more devastating for the OKW than losing his Ober squad. Remember, expensive (engineer) unit is needed to repair trucks, vehicles, drop med supplies or clear mines. This unit is a high valued unit with more utility than any other infantry squad.

And yes, I agree with you by giving OKW StormPios, all engineer/pio/RE Tier pale in comparison (hardly competitive). And yes, Relic favor's Axis limited production tanks/vehicles over Allied prototype models.
6 Jan 2015, 20:59 PM

What's more, Stormpios are damaged, and they should not be first line infantry, they are pioneer!

Just for the record, sturmpionierre translates into assault engineers, and besides that, they were trained both in combat and engineering. Germans knew they had so few men that some had to fulfill multiple roles at once. This is why they are quite dangerous with their mp44's, and should be treated as a threat even without that vet5.
7 Jan 2015, 00:02 AM

It is in replay section but on because of this. I uploaded because I want to know where I did misteake.

Only Jadgpanzer was shooting at Paras but was missing all the time. Yet Im not sure about first shell, maybe it sniped 1 model but I don't think so.
I captured this moment and you can see tha dying model is not in place where Jadgpanzer's shell landed.

Here you have it

elchino7 already did a good summary but that was just awful to look at. You dont scout properly or use your sweepers. 2 times you send a vehicle through the hedges on the western side of the middle node 2 times it ended in disaster. never send a vehicle through unless an infantry squad goes first. and then you lose both your howie carriers to the pak 43 i just hope it is lag but then you lose 2 more to the same pak 43. also sending 2 units into a garrison is a waste some fights you where a squad not contributing to it. also pick buildings carefully. you put a squad in a building with one window and 2 blind spots.

Also what where you trying to accomplish with airborne on this map. its a map where camping happens on both sides take a doctrine with arty next time.

also the sp's lucked out on this one. blame the rng god
7 Jan 2015, 01:00 AM

Just for the record, sturmpionierre translates into assault engineers, and besides that, they were trained both in combat and engineering. Germans knew they had so few men that some had to fulfill multiple roles at once. This is why they are quite dangerous with their mp44's, and should be treated as a threat even without that vet5.

This isn't quite true, other armies also had combat engineering units due to the fact that engineering was often needed before you could bring the rest of the army in. For example, the Soviets had Assault Engineers (shturmovykh inzhenery) who were supposed to clear fortifications. They're in-game as Shock Troops, although they lack any engineering ability (to be accurate they should have a flamethrower upgrade as well as satchel or demo charges).
7 Jan 2015, 02:16 AM

This isn't quite true, other armies also had combat engineering units due to the fact that engineering was often needed before you could bring the rest of the army in. For example, the Soviets had Assault Engineers (shturmovykh inzhenery) who were supposed to clear fortifications. They're in-game as Shock Troops, although they lack any engineering ability (to be accurate they should have a flamethrower upgrade as well as satchel or demo charges).

yes this is true. all armies had combat engineers that performed engineering duties while being perfectly competent in combat. Sturmpios are only better combat troops in the game due to asymmetrical balance ( sigh i hate that word).
7 Jan 2015, 02:30 AM

yes this is true. all armies had combat engineers that performed engineering duties while being perfectly competent in combat. Sturmpios are only better combat troops in the game due to asymmetrical balance ( sigh i hate that word).

I meant the part about it being due to manpower restrictions, that's not the reason. Combat Engineering units were needed because they had to be able to fight and get their work done, and it wasn't exclusive to Germany at all. OKW (Sturmpioneers) and USF (Assault Engineers) are just the only factions that portray it.
7 Jan 2015, 03:08 AM
Patrion 28

This is an example of bad luck on your part. it's like having a tac squad at 10% hp with 3 models. fucking frustrating sometimes but not a balance issue in anything other than the effects RNG has on everything.
7 Jan 2015, 08:39 AM

Great! So Relic, please make Shocks non-doc from base building, give them abilities to build stuff etc :)

Oh.. I forgot... Shocks are not axis units :foreveralone:
7 Jan 2015, 10:21 AM

Great! So Relic, please make Shocks non-doc from base building, give them abilities to build stuff etc :)

It's faction design, not faction side. For example: Ostheer's Rear Echelon Troops (Osttruppen) are locked behind a doctrine while USF's aren't, OKW's medium tank is locked behind a doctrine while nobody else's is, etc.
7 Jan 2015, 11:05 AM

That's not entirely correct. A Pioneer's task is to provide freedom of movement to the unit he's attached to, which he achieves by different means. Depending on the branch they serve in, they build bridges, fieldfortifications, clear minefields etc. For example Panzerpioneers.

Sturmpioneers in the german army however, were tasked with the clearing of bunkers, fortifications, buildings, creating of bridgeheads etc. For that task they were usually equipped with, machinepistols, assaultrifles, flamethrowers and explosives. Their number grew more and more once closequartercombat began to gain importance. So actually they took e very offensive, aggressive role and life expectancy was usually not very high amongst them.

So the way they ar represented in the game as some is only partly correct.

7 Jan 2015, 11:30 AM

Dis thread..
7 Jan 2015, 12:09 PM

Shock troops were actually soviet assault engineers.

But I suppose historical superiority applies only if there is wehrmacht cross on the unit.
7 Jan 2015, 12:10 PM

Shock troops were actually soviet assault engineers.

But I suppose historical superiority applies only if there is wehrmacht cross on the unit.
Wehrmacht cross tactics/company coming soon.:snfBarton:
8 Jan 2015, 23:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge

When I saw this http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561197970790508 I thought like this and concluded this: Play more 1v1/2v2. :snfBarton:

Besides that, provide replays/videos of your problem before you make a thread as said. I agree that OKW is...special :snfCHVGame:, especially in large teamgame mods ala 3v3/4v4 (which are nevertheless not to be taken too serious in my opinion).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight