Login

russian armor

Flame Thrower Range Needs to be Reduced

3 Jan 2015, 03:54 AM

This thing is way overperforming. It either needs a crit reduce or reduced range. These things are supposed to get things out of buildings and cover, not front line weapons that can take out 2 models at range.
3 Jan 2015, 04:41 AM

Kind of agree here. The crits seem more frequent
3 Jan 2015, 04:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Remove the instant death crit that can happen on healthy squads(all flame weapons) and call it a day. Also make them not explode unless it's the last man since losing those 60 munitions because the guy with the flamethrower happened to hit a mine where the others didn't is terrible.

These things are hardly the destroyers they were since Beta not to mention most come on squishy platforms and their damage is really only noticeable when they hit a clump of units or garrisons or killing that last man on retreat who's on a sliver of health since flamethrowers never miss(I think).
3 Jan 2015, 04:59 AM

This is incredibly vague. Which flamer? 3 factions have them? vs what units? was the engagement even cost effective? Is it better than any other 60 munition upgrade the same worse? i see flamers more often now but all ugrades are really good
3 Jan 2015, 05:20 AM

I don't know... i feel the flamethrower is balanced. The units that are carrying them are fairly squishy (CE, Pioneer, AE, Penals)
3 Jan 2015, 05:22 AM

I haven't had any problems with flamers, they're dangerous and a significant threat but they're not overpowered, particularly when they cost 60 munis and can explode at any time.
3 Jan 2015, 06:27 AM
Senior Caster Badge

You have to bear in mind Flamers don't cost 60 munitions, they cost 170/200 manpower + 60 munitions because if you build a flamer on your starting Engies or Pioneers you're then going to have to build another squad in order to have a minesweeper which you're always going to need every game against good players.

I think Flamers are fine given the weak platforms, but they can become really crazy when they are dropped and given to a strong platform such as Grenadiers or Conscripts. But that's same with lots of things such as Shreks. Really the only issue I have with Flamers is putting them inside of M3 for the awful Clown Car chase your squad down on retreat in the first 4 minutes thing. And that's just silly design of the M3.

Soviets currently have much better flamers since they can merge their Combat engineers with Concripts all day.
3 Jan 2015, 12:19 PM

You have to bear in mind Flamers don't cost 60 munitions, they cost 170/200 manpower + 60 munitions because if you build a flamer on your starting Engies or Pioneers you're then going to have to build another squad in order to have a minesweeper which you're always going to need every game against good players.

I think Flamers are fine given the weak platforms, but they can become really crazy when they are dropped and given to a strong platform such as Grenadiers or Conscripts. But that's same with lots of things such as Shreks. Really the only issue I have with Flamers is putting them inside of M3 for the awful Clown Car chase your squad down on retreat in the first 4 minutes thing. And that's just silly design of the M3.

Soviets currently have much better flamers since they can merge their Combat engineers with Concripts all day.

still risky as their tanks can explode. soviets have the nest flamers because their tanks cannot explode.
3 Jan 2015, 12:27 PM

I hate how this thing actually can do some harm to my volksblob. They are good for aesthetic reasons but shouldnt kill any models.
3 Jan 2015, 12:57 PM

Something tells me OP is OKW only player and just met soviet Penal build and is angry that there exist a soviet infantry that can fight without using rifle stock to do damage.
3 Jan 2015, 17:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 12:19 PMJaigen

still risky as their tanks can explode. soviets have the nest flamers because their tanks cannot explode.

You mean Penals only right ?

3 Jan 2015, 18:15 PM

Nerf flamers and the wehrmacht will have even harder time on urban maps
3 Jan 2015, 18:54 PM

I think most Flamers are more or less fine currently. If at all they should remove the random explosion thing unless the whole squad dies. They could also make the damage output of Flamers less random, sometimes it kills several guys at once and sometimes none.

What is not really fine is the Flamer Halftrack on Ostheer, but well...
3 Jan 2015, 18:55 PM
Patrion 28

The flamer fuel tank exploding should be removed or only happen when the last man dies. I had a game today where I bought the flamer upgrade and it exploded in the first fight, then I bought another one and the same thing happened. Waste of 120 munitions.
3 Jan 2015, 19:30 PM

Flamers should have a much farther range, just not crit as much just do very good dps over a wider area. In the current blob meta I find flamers to be very much in demand.
3 Jan 2015, 19:34 PM

No mention at all of Riflemen's flamethrowers? That's hardly a fragile platform, even if it's doctrinal, and it makes them a brutal unit in narrow maps and kinda kills the cover play in mid-late game.
3 Jan 2015, 21:32 PM

The explosion is stupid, we have all seen those RNG insta-booms. Make it explode only if the unit is hit from behind and not that often.

I'm not sure about CoH2 but back in vCoH flamethrowers actually did more damage to units in buildings or green cover. I think this should be implemented in CoH2. They can also change it in a way to act as counter blob weapon so CEs and Penals (specially penals) would be the unit of choice against blobs. Some changes like AoE infantry reaction or even small amount of suppression.
3 Jan 2015, 22:42 PM

Flamers spontaneously exploding when a stiff breeze rolls by is actually the only major problem I've noticed with them recently. I'm not sure if they ever fixed the inability to re-purchase them on some (all?) units after they blow up, too. I remember having that problem with riflemen but don't remember if it extends to other units.

3 Jan 2015, 22:46 PM

Flamers spontaneously exploding when a stiff breeze rolls by is actually the only major problem I've noticed with them recently. I'm not sure if they ever fixed the inability to re-purchase them on some (all?) units after they blow up, too. I remember having that problem with riflemen but don't remember if it extends to other units.

Only USF riflemen cannot rebuy their flamethrower because reasons.
4 Jan 2015, 03:26 AM
Patrion 28

No mention at all of Riflemen's flamethrowers? That's hardly a fragile platform, even if it's doctrinal, and it makes them a brutal unit in narrow maps and kinda kills the cover play in mid-late game.

shit upgrade. it's bugged so you can only buy it once and it permanently locks out a slot if you do. further, it still blows up like non-penal flamers so the toughness of the platform is mostly negated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★