Login

russian armor

Isu-152 overnerfed?

1 Jan 2015, 04:54 AM

I recently played a 2v2 with a friend and decided to try out the isu-152 tank again. I haven't used it since the last patch that made it switch its ammo types.
Things about the isu that i don't agree with, feel free to give your opinion on these:

- Isu cannot shoot things that are to close to it, there's probably a reason for this, but i feel it really hinders the tanks ability to fight. I don't think the elefant has this.
- Isu has to switch ammo types to fight different things, the switch is very annoying since it takes like 12 seconds or so. I had my isu on HE rounds to fight the infantry and a stug rolled up, i shot it twice and both shots glances off of its armor -_-. Then at another point in the game i had my isu on AP rounds, I saw an mg-42 squad in the open without any cover, it shoots the mg-42 squad, DIRECT HIT, nobody dies or even gets injured, maybe bad luck, idk...

Tell me if you guys think that it has been overnerfed too, and thanks for reading.

I thought i had would have more points but i only have 2 :faint:

ps. I do not have a reply of the match, that i am referring to in this post.
1 Jan 2015, 06:04 AM

it's okay now balance-wise, but thematically, it's really bad. the ap round should get a pen buff
1 Jan 2015, 06:50 AM

Permanently Banned
I never see it now. now peeps use is2. and now others want to nurf it

ISU is in a good place. people just need to get used to it. many said cons sucked after patch. but in reality. they just need to adapt their play
1 Jan 2015, 07:43 AM

Yesterday revealed that ISU-152 is useless against tanks.
Armor-piercing shell - penetration one of the six
explosive shells - a minimal chance concussion.
two ISU-152 could not destroy a panther.
King Tiger came ... GG
1 Jan 2015, 08:53 AM

ISU is fine. Tried it few days ago in 2v2. Over 50kills and its really good against Tigers.
1 Jan 2015, 09:05 AM
Patrion 28

it is a micro intensive unit but it's still strong. the AP rounds are decent against infantry but the HE rounds are crap against tanks. i really think it's fine; it's just not used as much because it's no longer massively OP.
1 Jan 2015, 12:55 PM

it is a micro intensive unit but it's still strong. the AP rounds are decent against infantry but the HE rounds are crap against tanks. i really think it's fine; it's just not used as much because it's no longer massively OP.
Well said. My AT partner just used it and it still wrecks things easily.
1 Jan 2015, 12:58 PM

Never seen it since about the day after the patch, been meaning to use it myself for a while... Will report back.
1 Jan 2015, 14:15 PM

I've see in it team games unsupported and charging king tigers and panthers >.<. People need to start using it as assault support gun not as a main battle tank.
1 Jan 2015, 14:52 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

It's still very good and I keep using it myself in teamgames. It's in a better state than it used to be in terms of balance. At least it's not a nobrainer unit anymore.
1 Jan 2015, 15:12 PM

Dont attack tanks with HE shell.
Dont attack infantry with AP shell.

You will enjoy ISU more. But if you see me with elefant, it will be a waste, trust me.
1 Jan 2015, 17:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

:lolol:

I mean, i guess then Sherman are tanks which only gods are able to use since they have to constantly be switching munition and don't have so much range and health to soak up mistakes.

ISU: focus on squadwiping. AT role is secondary, for that you should either have your partners support or a nice line of Zis and mines.
2 Jan 2015, 00:02 AM

Played with it today abit, it feels very UP for its cost. Sure it squad wipes, but its not a beast killer any more, it actually struggles to kill vehicles with that big gun, yay go axis armour! only axis should have OP tank killers.
2 Jan 2015, 00:11 AM

Played with it today abit, it feels very UP for its cost. Sure it squad wipes, but its not a beast killer any more, it actually struggles to kill vehicles with that big gun, yay go axis armour! only axis should have OP tank killers.

failed troll 3/10 sorry
2 Jan 2015, 00:17 AM
Donator 11

YES!
2 Jan 2015, 03:47 AM

Still a major threat to be reckoned with,just not iwin button anymore.
2 Jan 2015, 04:00 AM
Patrion 28

I mean, i guess then Sherman are tanks which only gods are able to use since they have to constantly be switching munition and don't have so much range and health to soak up mistakes.

honestly, not really. switching rounds on the sherman in combat i find to be a bad idea. i generally set the rounds out of combat, once an enemy has present it self, and then drive in with A move and let the shermans shoot. my sherman micro is spent on moving them around in a semi-intelligent manner that keeps as many alive as possible instead of trying to swap shells. all shermans firing the same round is much easier to micro and much more effective than a mixed group.
2 Jan 2015, 07:00 AM
Donator 11

It was overnerfed and should be re adjusted. The squad wipes were broken but now the unit is useless. Adding a pen buff to give it more of an anti tank role would be interesting even thou it should be firing howitzer shells.
2 Jan 2015, 07:27 AM
Patrion 28

i don't think a pen buff on the ap shells would be out of place but it's not very UP, if at all.
2 Jan 2015, 10:17 AM

"overnerfed"... guys keep it low, all you need to do is to press a button for the ammo switch.
You just don't have you anti everything unit, that can spot for itself with a range of 70 anymore. It was out of place, because you saw it in every game, just like the Jagdtiger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★