Login

russian armor

Howitzer Tank Overperforming

PAGES (9)down
5 Jan 2015, 02:11 AM

The discussion isn't about Scotts against Puma's in a vacuum. A Puma is never going to be able to kill a supported scott due to it's weak armor and low health. 1 AT grenade and it might as well just self destruct.
5 Jan 2015, 02:14 AM

The discussion isn't about Scotts against Puma's in a vacuum. A Puma is never going to be able to kill a supported scott due to it's weak armor and low health. 1 AT grenade and it might as well just self destruct.

Just imagine how annoying it would be if your heaviest non doctrinal tank did that too :snfCHVGame:
5 Jan 2015, 02:17 AM

Because the puma is so easy to kill, especially with its good speed, smoke, and high sight range as well as 50 attack range.

Durability is not always raw health and armor.

And a supported Scott. Well, where is your own support? Puma is too good for support? :(
5 Jan 2015, 02:24 AM
Patrion 28

Well, where is your own support?

super scott :*(
5 Jan 2015, 03:10 AM

Scotts can easily kill a Puma

:huhsign:

Damn that Puma most UP thing in COH2.....

Now back to the real world. If they nerf its direct fire then there is no reason it shouldnt be GREAT at indirect fire. Its a howitzer after all. Though a small one. No reason it should be weaker then a Mortar. And when I say as strong as a Walking Stuka I mean have that kind of THOU SHALT NOT TURTLE impact that the Stuka Zu Fuss enjoys. The stats dont have to mirror it. Just yknow deny AT guns and MG usage that sort of thing...

5 Jan 2015, 03:11 AM

m8 should be nerfed. the axis won the war. i dont get why allied units are allowed to be good.
5 Jan 2015, 03:56 AM

My point is that the Puma is a counter that doesn't always work versus a Scott, and but I guess it's the closest to being cost effective.
5 Jan 2015, 05:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

:huhsign:

Damn that Puma most UP thing in COH2.....

Now back to the real world. If they nerf its direct fire then there is no reason it shouldnt be GREAT at indirect fire. Its a howitzer after all. Though a small one. No reason it should be weaker then a Mortar. And when I say as strong as a Walking Stuka I mean have that kind of THOU SHALT NOT TURTLE impact that the Stuka Zu Fuss enjoys. The stats dont have to mirror it. Just yknow deny AT guns and MG usage that sort of thing...

Basically a Pack Howi on wheels. I approve :D
5 Jan 2015, 06:34 AM

Give usf non doc elite infantry

Then I might consider the Scott needing a nurf

+1 the Scott is the only thing that can deal with OKW bullpudding infantry OpieOP
5 Jan 2015, 07:58 AM

The perceived over-performance from this vehicle is a result of the cover system/units bunching/poor inf pathing. Many units are preforming stronger than they have in previous patches without having been changed at all, or at least in a way that wouldn't directly effect it's combat effectiveness. This unit's rate of fire combined with the way indirect fire/AOE weapons work now is what makes it so strong.

I think that needs to be changed, not simply just nerfing this unit.

This. A simple "squad spread out" option would fix this.
5 Jan 2015, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 03:00 AMBudwise
Worst argument you can pretty much have is X is hard to deal with so I deserve to have a squad wipe machine. Obers dont just sneeze and wipe your rifle squad.

Well, they do.

Your riflemen can't engage them. Period. Plenty of criticism from Wehraboos comes along the line of, "Why are you using infantry to fight this anti-infantry unit? Infantry aren't supposed to fight it even if the unit itself is an infantry squad."

Yes, the M8 is cheese, but it also constitutes one of two vehicles that the US can build that are remotely reliable, and the only method core doctrine of dealing with high vet infantry.

As long as the US and Soviets are shut out of elite infantry roles and have to continue making their commander choices as a consequence of needing to supplement for their core faction's deficiencies while the German factions get to make that same choice based on what will complement their play style, there can be no balance.

As is what you're asking for is the US to have to go airborne, every game, without exception.

Or, alternatively, deep, overdue nerfs across the board for OKW vet, and a dramatic reworking of the obersolblobben unit. Germany as a whole needs to have a lot of units hit with a rolled up newspaper because of the fact that they're simply too useful out of the box where US and Soviet players usually have to bide their time accumulating vet, and upgrades. Obersolblobben getting free LMG's that the fire on the move and at late vet suppress like machine guns is absurd.

What's nonsense is that a volksgrenadier squad is a valid threat after wasting a weapon slot on a panzershrek when fighting riflemen who've spent the game getting to vet 3.
5 Jan 2015, 10:11 AM
Patrion 28

This. A simple "squad spread out" option would fix this.

difficult or likely impossible; you can't change the squad formation dynamically.
5 Jan 2015, 11:14 AM

Make Jadgpanzer to counter Scott. Problem solved.
Oh wait.. You don't want Jadgpanzet.. You want to wait for King Tiger or Panther, right?
That's OKW problem.
Try to use different meta than volks->obers->panther/kt instrad of making from scott OP unit.
5 Jan 2015, 13:24 PM

Scott is allright. Having in view the current USF status, i really doubt they should suffer any unit nerf.
5 Jan 2015, 13:52 PM

I don't see this thing being relevant at all if nerfed. It's shells are barely better then shermans HE and nowhere near as accurate. Nerfing it might reduce squadwipes against bunched up unit but it wont do crap against units actually out in the open.

It's also the US's only nondoc vehicle based arty, a job it's barely actually fulfilling. When put beside a katyusha or panserwerfer it's wiping potential doesn't even come close.
5 Jan 2015, 16:45 PM

I don't see this thing being relevant at all if nerfed. It's shells are barely better then shermans HE and nowhere near as accurate. Nerfing it might reduce squadwipes against bunched up unit but it wont do crap against units actually out in the open.

It's also the US's only nondoc vehicle based arty, a job it's barely actually fulfilling. When put beside a katyusha or panserwerfer it's wiping potential doesn't even come close.

Scott worse even than Panzerwerfer? Well, now we have heard it all I guess.
5 Jan 2015, 16:59 PM

Scott worse than werfer? did he really said that LOL
5 Jan 2015, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Scott worse than werfer? did he really said that LOL

Kronosaur0s and gokkel need to head back to kindergarden

omega is referring to the scotts WIPING potential

He is correct in saying a well place katy, panzerwerfer, and stuka barrage have way more wiping potential than scotss
5 Jan 2015, 18:39 PM

I think the Scott is just about perfect where it is, its 70 fuel, and super easy to kill
5 Jan 2015, 19:33 PM

Kronosaur0s and gokkel need to head back to kindergarden

omega is referring to the scotts WIPING potential

He is correct in saying a well place katy, panzerwerfer, and stuka barrage have way more wiping potential than scotss

It is highly amusing that you tell other people to go to the Kindergarten, lol.

I read very well what he said, and I stand to what I said.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS