Login

russian armor

Howitzer Tank Overperforming

PAGES (9)down
4 Jan 2015, 16:03 PM

Looks at BrutusHR <444>_<444>

Look at yourself first, FFS
4 Jan 2015, 16:05 PM

So wouldn't the solution be to fix the cover system problem as opposed to just nerfing a unit because it's "OP"?

It doesn't solve the instant squad wipe without warning.
4 Jan 2015, 16:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Look at yourself first, FFS

Pory! >:( Quite unnecessary! Kindly desist! Queen Ratchet has a respectable achievement record, as ofc do you.

Generally: can we stop reference to player cards, please? Those who are transparent and choose to show their player cards should not be in any way be condemned for it. This is a classic case.

Back to topic
4 Jan 2015, 17:07 PM

Scotts are useless for me I don't know how others do it butvwhen ever I getvthrm I get no kills that thing misses a lot I'm not sure if the ping from my country to battle server is the issue ...
4 Jan 2015, 17:17 PM

I've used Scotts quite a bit the past few days after seeing this thread and aside from maybe on or two lucky hits on a retreating squads (I've probably had better luck with the Sherman HE shells tbh) they don't seem extremely gamebreaking. I have had on or two absolutely devastating shots, but that was against some guy that had like 6+ infantry squads running around all touching elbows and frankly both those guys deserved taking hits like that.
4 Jan 2015, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned
I've used Scotts quite a bit the past few days after seeing this thread and aside from maybe on or two lucky hits on a retreating squads (I've probably had better luck with the Sherman HE shells tbh) they don't seem extremely gamebreaking. I have had on or two absolutely devastating shots, but that was against some guy that had like 6+ infantry squads running around all touching elbows and frankly both those guys deserved taking hits like that.

yea, they do rack up the kills. I honestly only get wipes every 5 games or so. bare in mind I build them in pairs
4 Jan 2015, 18:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Watch my replay if you want to see. At least 3-4 wipes.
4 Jan 2015, 18:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Watch my replay if you want to see. At least 3-4 wipes.

120MM's get way more wipes from my experience. I don't understand why the op chose to pick on the scott

sometimes shit happens in coh2. that's what makes the game great
4 Jan 2015, 19:31 PM

I think the irritation comes from the fact OKW has very little counters to kiting Scott other than getting a panther or Jadgpanzer, which cost far more fuel than the little Scott does. Personally I find OKW to be in a awkward spot were it really only comes into it's own when supported by Ostheer.
4 Jan 2015, 19:37 PM

I think the irritation comes from the fact OKW has very little counters to kiting Scott other than getting a panther or Jadgpanzer, which cost far more fuel than the little Scott does. Personally I find OKW to be in a awkward spot were it really only comes into it's own when supported by Ostheer.

Similar to having to counter Shrek/Ober blobs for USF. There is one direct counter the Bulldozer in a single doctrine that costs a ton and you will be needing a Jackson too. So more or less the cost of a KT (without tech).

I think the Scott and anything that one shots is bullshit myself. This goes for the Greyhound, ISU, Jagdtiger, Rifle Grenades etc etc.

And as noted the Overlap with the Sherman HE is there. I would much prefer the Scott to be an Indirect fire unit thats good at THAT. Right now its piss poor at indirect fire but a murder machine when kiting with direct fire. Why? Why not turn it to something the USF needs and allow the Sherman to do its thing with HE and the Scott to bombard the Flaktruck into oblivion like the 120MM can.
4 Jan 2015, 19:46 PM

so much rage and attacks on this thread
4 Jan 2015, 19:52 PM

Similar to having to counter Shrek/Ober blobs for USF. There is one direct counter the Bulldozer in a single doctrine that costs a ton and you will be needing a Jackson too. So more or less the cost of a KT (without tech).

I think the Scott and anything that one shots is bullshit myself. This goes for the Greyhound, ISU, Jagdtiger, Rifle Grenades etc etc.

And as noted the Overlap with the Sherman HE is there. I would much prefer the Scott to be an Indirect fire unit thats good at THAT. Right now its piss poor at indirect fire but a murder machine when kiting with direct fire. Why? Why not turn it to something the USF needs and allow the Sherman to do its thing with HE and the Scott to bombard the Flaktruck into oblivion like the 120MM can.

Duel Scotts right now can utterly destroy OKW blobs, USF has a fair amount of good blobbing counters. A Scott can very easily kite a shrek blob, just like a AA HT can as well. Right now all OKW has to counter that is A. Tanks that cost vastly more fuel than the unit its intended to counter. B. Hoping and praying the player fucks up and doesn't move for a few seconds so you shreks can hopefully hit it instead of not firing or shooting at passing seagulls.
4 Jan 2015, 19:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

so much rage and attacks on this thread

The Admin like robust comments- but they do not like breach of their site rules (bottom RH corner of your screen, as I am sure you are well aware ;)

This can make modding quite hazardous :blush:
4 Jan 2015, 23:28 PM

Duel Scotts right now can utterly destroy OKW blobs, USF has a fair amount of good blobbing counters. A Scott can very easily kite a shrek blob, just like a AA HT can as well. Right now all OKW has to counter that is A. Tanks that cost vastly more fuel than the unit its intended to counter. B. Hoping and praying the player fucks up and doesn't move for a few seconds so you shreks can hopefully hit it instead of not firing or shooting at passing seagulls.

Puma. That is all. One Puma. Go ahead build 10 Scotts...There are more units to the OKW other than the Panther and the KT you know. Also I would LOVE to see a replay of you in a 1v1 Microing dual Scotts. Go ahead and post it up and let me know exactly how long they live. One single Pathing error (WHICH NEVER HAPPENS ON THIS GAME) and one of those two Scotts is dead. One single second of forgetting to reverse one while doing something else and one Scott is dead.

Scotts really just have range on the Sherman. What they lack is HPs. A Scott only does better because it can kite them. And its not a necessary unit in that role IMHO that should be the Job of Shermans with HE rounds. Yes Shermans SHOULD counter Shreks. They dont but thats another topic.

Scotts SHOULD be indirect fire. But they are pretty terrible at it. I wouldnt build one for that purpose. So as I said before they should greatly reduce the power of its direct fire ability by say Nerfing the AOE substantially and in return make its Bombard ability POWERFUL like Walking Stuka Powerful in a smaller area of course. Or hell just make the shells have low AOE but MASSIVE damage per shot to take out trucks.
4 Jan 2015, 23:39 PM

I prefer Sherman HE rounds; tanks that get two shot are not my liking. :P

USF actually does have a decent amount of blob counters. But when the blobs come with heavy armor, you get your ass handed to you since you cant fight both.
4 Jan 2015, 23:52 PM

I prefer Sherman HE rounds; tanks that get two shot are not my liking. :P

USF actually does have a decent amount of blob counters. But when the blobs come with heavy armor, you get your ass handed to you since you cant fight both.

Sorry I should have specified. HARD COUNTERS like the Bulldozer or Demos. It can just sit there and beast the Shreks and blow them to dust. Everything else the USF has is a soft counter i.e. tons of Micro Tax. And when your paying Micro Tax on Infantry Blobs then out comes the Armor and your paying Micro tax to deal with that too and then you have the current situation that Relic acknowledged as the USF requiring more Micro then what would be considered fair.
5 Jan 2015, 01:42 AM

Puma. That is all. One Puma. Go ahead build 10 Scotts...There are more units to the OKW other than the Panther and the KT you know. Also I would LOVE to see a replay of you in a 1v1 Microing dual Scotts. Go ahead and post it up and let me know exactly how long they live. One single Pathing error (WHICH NEVER HAPPENS ON THIS GAME) and one of those two Scotts is dead. One single second of forgetting to reverse one while doing something else and one Scott is dead.

Scotts really just have range on the Sherman. What they lack is HPs. A Scott only does better because it can kite them. And its not a necessary unit in that role IMHO that should be the Job of Shermans with HE rounds. Yes Shermans SHOULD counter Shreks. They dont but thats another topic.

Scotts SHOULD be indirect fire. But they are pretty terrible at it. I wouldnt build one for that purpose. So as I said before they should greatly reduce the power of its direct fire ability by say Nerfing the AOE substantially and in return make its Bombard ability POWERFUL like Walking Stuka Powerful in a smaller area of course. Or hell just make the shells have low AOE but MASSIVE damage per shot to take out trucks.

Scotts can easily kill a Puma, especially if your actually backing your Scotss up with rifleman like you are supposed to. Puma is 70 fuel, in a fuel starved faction, and you need to make a truck to use it. So that's 110 fuel to counter a Scott with a Puma, a armored car that becomes almost total garbage against mediums in mid to late game.

I am 100% in favor of making Scotts more of an indirect fire tank to be used as mobile light artillery except the part of making it have shells as powerful as the Stuka, as that would make zero sense as the stuka is a 140 fuel half track that fires large caliber rockets. The Scott is a mobile light howitzer platform.
5 Jan 2015, 01:58 AM

Permanently Banned

Scotts can easily kill a Puma,

5 Jan 2015, 02:09 AM

The key is the qualifying statement, "especially if your rifles are supporting it".
5 Jan 2015, 02:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Maybe he hasn't played the game on a while were Scotts used to fight Pumas.
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS