Login

russian armor

Demos

31 Dec 2014, 00:30 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

These need to be made like American demo's from vCoH, not placeable anywhere on the map for a near instant kill to any squad no matter what veterancy. I'm sick of losing entire squads to a practically uncounterable demo. Mine sweepers make no difference when you still can't disarm them making them a all reward no risk ability.
31 Dec 2014, 00:41 AM

I would like to see a way to make to counter-playable, like I don't know, a way to see it's placed there? similar to ost anti infantry mines.

31 Dec 2014, 00:45 AM

Oh boy, you got REAL mad from that game, huh?:P (I main Axis so I feel you). You have to make them visible --> attack ground/ throw nade.
it's really ridiculous but the M8 is worse. The M8 is like a mobile demo, just with the lower cost. (It has probably even more AOE aswell).

But this is just two of the many ridiculous features Relic needs to fix in this game
31 Dec 2014, 01:02 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Oh boy, you got REAL mad from that game, huh?:P (I main Axis so I feel you). You have to make them visible --> attack ground/ throw nade.
it's really ridiculous but the M8 is worse. The M8 is like a mobile demo, just with the lower cost. (It has probably even more AOE aswell).

But this is just two of the many ridiculous features Relic needs to fix in this game

There's simply too many squad wipe buttons in this game. I mean, a 50 muni demo pretty much turned the entire game.
31 Dec 2014, 01:04 AM

Demo charges are just fucking OP and it is bullshit that you can't defuse them with Minesweeper. If detected they should not be able to be blasted and than removed by Pioneers.

I don't know what Relic is doing, but most of the broken stuff can be fixed easily even with the tools...
31 Dec 2014, 01:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 01:02 AMBudwise

There's simply too many squad wipe buttons in this game. I mean, a 50 muni demo pretty much turned the entire game.

It's 90 for a demo. 50 for the M8 cannister shot. But yeah.. A conscript squad is even more accurate with the LMG34 than the Obersquad itself with the vet 2.. It really turned it around at that point indeed
31 Dec 2014, 01:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 01:02 AMBudwise

Demo charges are 90 munitions.

Can't wait for people to jump in and start justifying their squadwipe button with "Oh it costs a bunch of munitions, I deserve to kill entire squads in a massive radius."

The problem is, once the game reaches a certain point, it becomes near impossible to trade effectively with vetted axis (OKW) squads with any kind of allied infantry. so you end up with stuff like the 120mm mortar, b4, katyusha, demo charges, absolutely necessary- which is not fun for the allied player (click and kill, how enjoyable is that) and frustrating for the axis (RNG and uncounterable squadwipes). cutting down on a faction crutch like the demo charge would probably allow for other buffs in other aspects, which would- in theory- make the game more entertaining for all involved.
31 Dec 2014, 01:14 AM

damn you, for tryin to take my anti blobberio counters :guyokay:
31 Dec 2014, 01:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

damn you, for tryin to take my anti blobberio counters :guyokay:

The problem with most 'antiblob counters' in the game, I think, is that they do alright vs blobs but really excel against single squads at the same time. Like the old KV8, for example- good blob smasher, but where the real issue was was the ability to eviscerate any lone capping squad, on retreat or otherwise.

Even worse, take the Greyhound. The canister is nominally an anti-blob weapon, but what ends up happening is that it roves around the map and obliterates any squad on its own- meaning that the only way to prevent that is to loosely blob up and do enough damage to destroy the M8 before it gets close. It's counterproductive and in a way, forces you to blob up to counter it.

Same with demos- good against blobs, near guaranteed kill on solo squads. 120mm, good vs blobs, randomly wipes single squads anyway. Tiger, good vs blobs, oneshots squads at the same time. B4, good against blobs, good against solo squads, good vs tanks, good vs everything really :snfPeter:
31 Dec 2014, 01:35 AM
Patrion 28

too much >80 damage and not enough <80 aoe.
31 Dec 2014, 01:40 AM
Patrion 14

agree. maybe reworked or something.
31 Dec 2014, 06:40 AM

Easy fix for the M8 Greyhound is to give OKW a doctrinal Anti Tank Half Track with Tread Breaker.

**Covers my face for the incoming abuse*****
31 Dec 2014, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 00:30 AMBudwise
These need to be made like American demo's from vCoH, not placeable anywhere on the map for a near instant kill to any squad no matter what veterancy. I'm sick of losing entire squads to a practically uncounterable demo. Mine sweepers make no difference when you still can't disarm them making them a all reward no risk ability.

Dear Mr. Admin Person,

I have found the best way to deal with demos is to expose them with mine sweepers and to fire a rifle grenade or throw a grenade down onto the ground to detonate them safely.
31 Dec 2014, 07:52 AM
Patrion 28

correct, except RGs don't always pen the demo.
31 Dec 2014, 08:23 AM

Easy fix for the M8 Greyhound is to give OKW a doctrinal Anti Tank Half Track with Tread Breaker.

**Covers my face for the incoming abuse*****

There will never be a new unit except for commanders or new factions.
31 Dec 2014, 08:56 AM

There will never be a new unit except for commanders or new factions.

rubbish, new units will come with new commanders. Hence why I said "Doctrinal"
31 Dec 2014, 08:57 AM

Demos are a bit stupid imo. Everyone should have access to them or no one should have them. At least make them targettable and destroyable by small arms once a minesweeper finds them.
31 Dec 2014, 09:27 AM

Simple question.

How to kill vet 5 Volks/Obers/Falsch if not by demo, m8, bulldozer or b4?

Yes, you can't defuse it but if you know it's there, just dont go there :D

And it's 90 muni placed on a spot where maybe it won't even work.
31 Dec 2014, 09:30 AM

rubbish, new units will come with new commanders. Hence why I said "Doctrinal"

Sorry, my mistake! I overread the word 'doctrinal' :)
31 Dec 2014, 09:33 AM

Simple question.

How to kill vet 5 Volks/Obers/Falsch if not by demo, m8, bulldozer or b4?

Yes, you can't defuse it but if you know it's there, just do go there :D

And it's 90 muni placed on a spot where maybe it won't even work.
Inviting vet squads to go there is great. :D

You could try BAR spam to kill them. :snfCHVGame:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight