Login

russian armor

About OKW Puma´s and Flaktrack abilities.

22 Dec 2014, 12:18 PM

The abilities of these units needs small fixing.

Puma
-Vet 0 smoke is ridiculous. Puma arrives in 8 minutes, and specially USA lacks reliable counters for it. If you are in Lietnuant tech, you must rely to m20 mine and bazooka, which needs good luck, and any decent player uses sweepers for Sturmpioneers. Bazookas are ok counter, but they have bad accutary and using attack ground to smoke is almost impossible.
Solution: Move smoke to vet 1
-Aimed shot ability is kinda broken too. It is a ridiculous "I win button" against medium tanks.
Solution: Make aimed shot only slow turret rotation 40%

Flaktrack
-Like everyone knows, Flaktrack is a very effective weapon. It´s vet 1 smoke screen is very thick, and its free. Free smokescreen was ok when flaktrack had unpack time. Now it´s too strong, a jail-free card.
Solution: Increase cost from 0 munitions to 30 munitions.
-Flaktrack can set-up on the move using attack-move command.
Solution: Fix it :snfPeter:
22 Dec 2014, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 12:18 PMl4hti
The abilities of these units needs small fixing.

Puma
-Vet 0 smoke is ridiculous. Puma arrives in 8 minutes, and specially USA lacks reliable counters for it. If you are in Lietnuant tech, you must rely to m20 mine and bazooka, which needs good luck, and any decent player uses sweepers for Sturmpioneers. Bazookas are ok counter, but they have bad accutary and using attack ground to smoke is almost impossible.
Solution: Move smoke to vet 1
-Aimed shot ability is kinda broken too. It is a ridiculous "I win button" against medium tanks.
Solution: Make aimed shot only slow turret rotation 40%

Flaktrack
-Like everyone knows, Flaktrack is a very effective weapon. It´s vet 1 smoke screen is very thick, and its free. Free smokescreen was ok when flaktrack had unpack time. Now it´s too strong, a jail-free card.
-Solution: Increase cost from 0 munitions to 30 munitions.

while i agree that free smoke should not be in this game (flak) and puma could have its smoke moved to vet 1, i completely disagree with your suggestion regarding the aimed shot. i-win-button? ehm, if you dont support your tank then yes its probably an i-win-button.
22 Dec 2014, 14:25 PM

Agree to smoke for Puma at vet 1.
Disagree with the rest of proposals.
22 Dec 2014, 14:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

ha is the flak ht smoke really free, never noticed? that should probably be changed
22 Dec 2014, 14:55 PM

Permanently Banned
I used the 251/17 (or "flaktrack" as it's commonly known) yesterday for the first time in a while and it preformed very well in my opinion on Crossing in the Woods vs a Soviet player. The free smokescreen is very useful, but I think it should probably cost the same as Panzer Tactician's smoke screen.
22 Dec 2014, 21:03 PM

I'm divided on it because on one hand it is annoying, but on the other OKW's light vehicles have increased survivability because they have nothing else. It's not like losing a T-70, it's a major setback that can end the game if you didn't opt for Panzerschrecks and Obers spam.
23 Dec 2014, 03:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Agreed except with the aimshot. It's not a stun, you can still move and shoot.
23 Dec 2014, 18:11 PM

Also, what would you think about moving smoke to vet 1 for Ostheer vehicles too?
23 Dec 2014, 19:42 PM

What does aimed shot do if it doesn't stun??
23 Dec 2014, 19:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What does aimed shot do if it doesn't stun??

It prevents vehicles from turning their turret
23 Dec 2014, 19:59 PM

All of the 3 mechanized HQ units are pretty OP.

In 1v1 there is still little reason to go for them except maybe for a puma but in team games all of these 3 vehicles are pretty OP.

The Flak HT is ridiciluos in it's damage capability and is incredibly hard to kill when its supported by shreck volks, plus you can abuse its setup time. It has "minimum range" which means jack shit since any kind of infantry based AT from allies is never going to get near to it or kill it, and againts light vehicles it can just use attack ground

The puma is nigh unkillable due to its high speed, high acceralation, smoke at vet 0 and good health for a light vehicle.

I think everyone knows how ridiciluos the walking stuka in team games , no question about that:snfPeter:
23 Dec 2014, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2014, 18:11 PMl4hti
Also, what would you think about moving smoke to vet 1 for Ostheer vehicles too?

Uhm... No, its a doctrinal ONLY ability, so nope. If it was stock, then yes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★