Login

russian armor

P47 ignoring area

21 Dec 2014, 21:57 PM

I have just had 2 games where our opponents used P47 runs against our team. In the two games, the P47 seemed to down right ignore the area it is supposed to operate in. Both times, I managed to retreat my tanks well away from the area, and yet the P47s continued to target them and ultimately destroy 1 of them. It was a complete joke.

Is anyone else seeing this happen too? Or am I just going mad…?
21 Dec 2014, 22:27 PM

If armour is in the target area during the planes' recon pass (where it doesn't fire), you will be followed outside of the target area since it has locked onto you.
21 Dec 2014, 22:45 PM

So their is little point in the targeting area then, it will just get you wherever you are!? Seriously OP considering the other anti tank/inf air support for all other factions don't work that way…?

Working as intended I supposed...
21 Dec 2014, 23:05 PM

Only the first pass will track.
21 Dec 2014, 23:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

The rockets should never fire at anything outside the circle. It's stupid.
21 Dec 2014, 23:27 PM

Thank you Romeo.

I can accept it attacking me out of the area by a margin, or even if I exit the area after it starts shooting/has spotted me. But on the 2nd and 3rd pass, when I have left the area and am a considerable distance from it, it really shouldn't be targeting me, its completely OP when it behaves this way.
22 Dec 2014, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 23:16 PMRomeo
The rockets should never fire at anything outside the circle. It's stupid.

Every single loitering plane ability works exactly like the P47s.

Of course you can still think this is stupid, but let's say things the way they are. It's how all plane abilities are designed, not "just" the P47.
22 Dec 2014, 00:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

the way all loitering plane abilities are designed is stupid :D
22 Dec 2014, 00:46 AM

Erm…. sorry Cruzz, but they don't all work like the P47.

I regularly use the Stuka Anti Tank strafe, which similarly to the P47, does 3 passes. However I have yet to witness it target something well outside the targeting area. I use it most team games, and it always stays within the area, or at least within a few meters of it. The P47 regularly goes whole sectors over its boundaries.

22 Dec 2014, 01:10 AM
Patrion 28

um, sorry, it doesn't work that way, i have yet to see a car move so clearly they don't move.

unless of course, you've looked into the game files and compared the different globals..?
22 Dec 2014, 01:26 AM

I haven't looked at the game files, no.

But I have watched the results of both abilities in the game at least a dozen times each. P47 performs differently to the German equivalent.
22 Dec 2014, 02:34 AM

Erm…. sorry Cruzz, but they don't all work like the P47.

I regularly use the Stuka Anti Tank strafe, which similarly to the P47, does 3 passes. However I have yet to witness it target something well outside the targeting area. I use it most team games, and it always stays within the area, or at least within a few meters of it. The P47 regularly goes whole sectors over its boundaries.

They do. I've had JU-87s follow me too and kill my jacksons. It sucks but it's not unique to the p-47. You mostly only notice it when it happens to you.
9 Jan 2015, 13:30 PM

I see that P47 strike is also ignoring Infantry and attacks only Vehicles. Is this intended? If it is its just stupid, it should also attack Infantry.
9 Jan 2015, 13:31 PM

Best counter to this is an OKW Flak Half-track, If I see airborne I will always have one Mid-late game.

I see that P47 strike is also ignoring Infantry and attacks only Vehicles. Is this intended? If it is its just stupid, it should also attack Infantry.

Intended, far too strong vs infantry, 1 rocket alone can wipe a squad, but a full strafe from 2 planes? It could effectively wipe someones entire Army, Infantry and Tanks.
9 Jan 2015, 13:36 PM

Because its AT only strafe.

If you want to obliterate everything in range with air strike, try wehr stuka close air support.
9 Jan 2015, 14:19 PM
Benefactor 115

Thank you Romeo.

I can accept it attacking me out of the area by a margin, or even if I exit the area after it starts shooting/has spotted me. But on the 2nd and 3rd pass, when I have left the area and am a considerable distance from it, it really shouldn't be targeting me, its completely OP when it behaves this way.

No, looks like nobody actually explained how it works :/
P47 has three strafes, and each strafe has a recon and a shooting phase; in each shooting phase only the tanks that were in the cirlce during the previous recon phase will be targetable.
so if you leave the circle during the first recon phase you will be shot on the first pass, but not on the 2nd and 3rd
9 Jan 2015, 15:04 PM

It would probably be waste of munitions if it didn't work this way.
9 Jan 2015, 15:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

If they don't change the way the ability works, maybe they could add a floating icon over tanks that have been targeted by a plane to indicate to the player that it will get shot at even if it leaves the circle.
9 Jan 2015, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2015, 15:43 PMRomeo
If they don't change the way the ability works, maybe they could add a floating icon over tanks that have been targeted by a plane to indicate to the player that it will get shot at even if it leaves the circle.

That is a good idea. Like Mark Vehicle. Not that it would prevent the P47 from destroying the tank anyway.

I am in agreement that the P47 is just plain dumb. There is no counter play once its locked onto you. Its just good bye damaged armor. I would like to see a cost reduction and a damage reduction for it. It should only be able to kill armor if they are dumb enough to stay the full duration. It should help alot but not just erase armor as it can do.

Sure OKW can deal with it but Ost cannot as the Ostwind is garbage at AA.
13 Jan 2015, 09:46 AM

I also had this bug, destroyed a tiger in my base (outside of this circle)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★