Login

russian armor

Cosmetic Request for Sherman

17 Dec 2014, 18:06 PM

So I originally posted this on the Steam forums yesterday, and the response has been positive. I was wondering what the rest of the CoH 2 community thought of this: (Also, I wanted to bring more attention to this idea)

"So when most German tanks level up, they get a cosmetic change with the addition of armored skirts. I thought it'd be a nice touch if Sherman tanks got some sandbags put on the front, like in the original CoH.

I forget whether that was through veterancy or upgrading to have a machine gunner, but it was still cool to see.

Would be fun to have CoH 2 shermans, or perhaps all USF armor, treated that way."

Some in that thread thought all tanks should receive this treatment. What do you think? Is this something Relic can do down the line?

17 Dec 2014, 18:21 PM

17 Dec 2014, 18:26 PM

Level 3 for 34 85

17 Dec 2014, 18:34 PM
Donator 33

"Level 3 for 34 85"

Hell yeah, Shocktroopers on your T34/85 just drive to enemy infantry and watch them melt, Kreygasm

17 Dec 2014, 19:25 PM

T-34-85 and IS-2 mesh screens of 5 mm wire

17 Dec 2014, 19:43 PM

Could work for soviet Sherman, but it would probably be weird for USF since vet is tied to crews. So when you would leave the Sherman it would revert back to its normal, then back again when you hopped back in. Not a big issue, but it would probably look pretty weird
17 Dec 2014, 19:54 PM
Donator 22

cool idea :) or maybe something like the skirts upgrade, for the okw double P4 call-in.
17 Dec 2014, 20:20 PM

Could work for soviet Sherman, but it would probably be weird for USF since vet is tied to crews. So when you would leave the Sherman it would revert back to its normal, then back again when you hopped back in. Not a big issue, but it would probably look pretty weird

Don't you remember the early days of COH2 when a recrewed vet2 PIV would keep it's skirts even if the new crew was Soviet?
20 Dec 2014, 06:07 AM

Actually they'll just stay on the vehicle for the rest of it's lifetime, but they will provide no bonuses, as those come from veterancy modifiers and are lost when veterancy goes away.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2014, 20:20 PMAvNY
Don't you remember the early days of COH2 when a recrewed vet2 PIV would keep it's skirts even if the new crew was Soviet?

Still happens, for example an abandoned Vet 2 Panther will still have the skirts on the side, but will not have the armour or health bonus. It will only have 800 health instead of 960 until it reaches Vet 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★