Login

russian armor

War effort ?

11 Dec 2014, 18:12 PM

So I just played (and lost) a 2v2 game and this popped out when I left the game lobby:

http://imgur.com/CtHv2rp

I'm confused.

Also, the notification on bottom left corner seems related to it because it's not a war spoil and it disappeared when I clicked on it.
11 Dec 2014, 18:26 PM
Donator 11

Interesting. Ive seen face plates you can get from the "war effort" but they aren't unlockable yet. I think its something relic is planning on doing.

Either they are going to do some kind of dynamic campaign multiplayer map or they are gonna make the Warspoils system go off of War effort points they let you buy stuff. kinda like a micro transaction system but it could go good or bad. Either way nice find
11 Dec 2014, 19:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

from Cynthia:

Hey guys, thank you for highlighting this This is a new feature our team is exploring as a possibility for the future. There isn't much else I can say at this time, but I can certainly understand the confusion behind receiving new messages out of context. The developer team did not intend for these messages to go out.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/133181-company-of-heroes-2-message

11 Dec 2014, 19:35 PM

I would presume relic plans to set up events that reward players for playing during specific times. Something similar to the double XP weekends you see in BF4 and other shooters. In this case it looks like playing enough games during the event will award face plates.
11 Dec 2014, 19:48 PM

Reminds me of Alliance Wars from Age of Empires: Online.
11 Dec 2014, 19:51 PM

Reminds me of Alliance Wars from Age of Empires: Online.

You're going in right direction.
Thou I'll probably drop it right here. Enough with the tease and its boring to know something and not being able to talk about it(no, I'm not in any alpha).
11 Dec 2014, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2014, 19:35 PMCabreza
I would presume relic plans to set up events that reward players for playing during specific times. Something similar to the double XP weekends you see in BF4 and other shooters. In this case it looks like playing enough games during the event will award face plates.
But what good does XP serve? Maybe a doubled drop rate for war spoils, and the winning faction gets a set number of warspoils dependent on their effort (bronze = 1,silver = 3,gold = 5).
11 Dec 2014, 23:52 PM

But what good does XP serve? Maybe a doubled drop rate for war spoils, and the winning faction gets a set number of warspoils dependent on their effort (bronze = 1,silver = 3,gold = 5).

Double XP was just an example of what other games and CoH2 itself have done in the past. I'd have to agree that any future event would probably focus upon war spoils. It is even possible relic intends to copy TF2's crafting system in which case crafting items might be the trigger for the faceplates.
12 Dec 2014, 00:45 AM

Didn't they accidentally release a website with something like this a couple months ago? I remember it was like a map of europe, with each region acting as a different game mode. Then they showed the win percentages for axis vs allies, and if you played enough matches in one of the game modes in the time period you were entered into the effort, and if your side won then you would receive some special bulletins and shit.

I assume this is just a new implementation of that, just with faceplates instead of bulletins.
12 Dec 2014, 01:20 AM

Maybe an implementation of the war effort system is Relic's fix for war spoils?
12 Dec 2014, 03:58 AM

IMO "The War Effort" would just be a ranked season... a ranked ladder similar to League of Legends or StarCraft 2 for exemple.

But hell if I know im not Relic!
12 Dec 2014, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 03:58 AMkorgoth
IMO "The War Effort" would just be a ranked season... a ranked ladder similar to League of Legends or StarCraft 2 for exemple.

But hell if I know im not Relic!

Oh YES YES YES, please....

This would be so much more encouraging than the current system with outgame ladders.
If there were let's say 5 tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platin and Iron) with maybe 3 subtiers each (Silver I, Silver II, Silver III, etc.) it would be more fun to play because you could feel your current skill.
Nowadays it's just 'nah I am under 1.000 again whatever'.
12 Dec 2014, 08:31 AM

12 Dec 2014, 08:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Didn't they accidentally release a website with something like this a couple months ago? I remember it was like a map of europe, with each region acting as a different game mode. Then they showed the win percentages for axis vs allies, and if you played enough matches in one of the game modes in the time period you were entered into the effort, and if your side won then you would receive some special bulletins and shit.

I assume this is just a new implementation of that, just with faceplates instead of bulletins.

Yeah, I remember seeing that too. It looked pretty cool.
12 Dec 2014, 09:39 AM

Yep, that's it. Even says war effort at the top. Damn I'm good.
12 Dec 2014, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 08:31 AMwuff
COH2:GO.

:D :banana:
12 Dec 2014, 09:54 AM

Im quite exited about this. Relic this is the stuff you should reveal!
If you had this as "and the campaign map for AA will be reused online in our new War Effort" I would be looking forward to AA. Not having it accidentally released because of a mistake.

It gives a whole other part in playing teamgames besides just chilling with friends.
12 Dec 2014, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 09:28 AMwuff

Those polish Nazis, I knew it! //Edit: Ok it seems like i've mistook the colors. In fact it seems like Poland is the last bastion against the fascists. Good guy Poland.

Nah jk, but honestly, this looks like a hell of fun to me.
Can't wait to see it in action.
12 Dec 2014, 10:18 AM

Those polish Nazis, I knew it! //Edit: Ok it seems like i've mistook the colors. In fact it seems like Poland is the last bastion against the fascists. Good guy Poland

That post made me really loughing out loud. :thumbsup:

Nah jk, but honestly, this looks like a hell of fun to me.
Can't wait to see it in action.

Me too! It´s pretty cool stuff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment