Login

russian armor

Patch 08/12/14

PAGES (11)down
9 Dec 2014, 17:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

If I can be very honest I didn't notice any improvement in the game performance. I'll try to test more but it would be good if Relic would have explained us in detail in which situations the optimizations they implemented really improve the game.
9 Dec 2014, 17:33 PM

The performance increase seem real to me. Now I can run the game smoothly on highest texture when previously it would only be smooth on medium. Snow doesn't steal away some fps anymore for me. Still need to try out more though. ;)
9 Dec 2014, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 10:21 AMCruzz

Haven't tested it so can't say how much of an effect they have, but I note that there is no mention of fixing the current freeze --> fast forward thing that seems to be happening atleast once every single game, nor any mention of fixing the delayed start you sometimes get where you start 10-30 seconds after the other players, etc. I don't really care about improvements to average FPS, because while performance there has also clearly worsened with the release of WFA and patches after it, it's still passable. But the performance extremes are what truly annoy me, and atleast the notes don't mention anything that would imply them being improved.

This +1000. Performance is significantly better, but the freeze-> fast forward thing is still there.
9 Dec 2014, 17:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 17:33 PMsteel
The performance increase seem real to me. Now I can run the game smoothly on highest texture when previously it would only be smooth on medium. Snow doesn't steal away some fps anymore for me. Still need to try out more though. ;)

I'll try to put again the settings to max from medium then :)
9 Dec 2014, 17:42 PM

At long last the freaking performance patch I've been asking for months. Performance was so abysmal, crashes so frequents, pink kubels and transparent houses everywhere, well bugs were so annoying that I took a 2 months break.

Downloading CoH 2! Hope I see some real performance gains:)

9 Dec 2014, 17:43 PM

...pink kubels everywhere...
o_O:o How did that even happen.
9 Dec 2014, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 17:43 PMsteel
o_O:o How did that even happen.

CoH 2 seems to hate Nvidia drivers, or maybe it just hates EVGA cards <444>_<444>, or maybe it just has a feud with my GTX 580 (3GB)>:(

My 4v4 buddies also suffered from the infamous pink textures bug, we all use Nvidia.
9 Dec 2014, 18:53 PM

At least some people love pink... ;)

9 Dec 2014, 19:02 PM
Patrion 15

Glad to see the game getting optimized. People have been calling for this since the beta, not sure why there isn't more hype. The game definitely saw a boost in frame rate for me. I'll wait another month for a balance patch if it means that all the bugs get squashed and the game will run on a wider range of machines.
9 Dec 2014, 19:05 PM

Glad to see the game getting optimized. People have been calling for this since the beta, not sure why there isn't more hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWS1JiREmhY
9 Dec 2014, 19:05 PM
Patrion 15

They said a while ago that it was due to the player losing connection to the server. When you reconnect it will fast forward your game so you catch up with everyone else.

Except that this happens even when your connection doesn't drop. In the past I've even had the menu screen animations freeze and then fast forward. Something else is very obviously going on.
9 Dec 2014, 19:20 PM

Yes, the pink vehicles and transparent buildings bug is annoying.

Nvidia user too.
9 Dec 2014, 19:36 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

This patch is of December. There will be no more patches until January.

source:
coh2 next plans
9 Dec 2014, 19:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

And bullcrap for a whole lot more.

Zip it please :)

You posted twice in April, and not altogether politely. After 8 months, you have returned. Having looked at your subsequent (mostly aggressive) posting history, things seem little improved. :(

Here is the line in the sand:-

---------------------------------

Cross this now, please, with a more respectful response to your fellow posters, or there may be consequences.
9 Dec 2014, 19:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

source:
coh2 next plans

sad day :(
9 Dec 2014, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 19:44 PMnigo

sad day :(

Ah well back to Dota and The Last of US then...
9 Dec 2014, 20:37 PM

Where did you read that i disagree with that? You missed the point of my post. So if you come down a little bit, maybe you will understand it.
If you wanna attack Relic, please do it in another thread. This thread is about the patch and this patch is very good for many people.

And about Star Citizen, yeah, if the Community donates Relic 60 million Dollars they will for sure focus on them.
Imo, Star Citizen is a bad joke (not the game but about this founding model). First you have to donate for the game to be developed and then you have to pay again to buy it and then.... you have to pay a monthly charge for usage. So yeah, they went to an entire new level of getting peoples money.
Here is my source. If this is wrong, forgive me and i mean it (i can accept being wrong and apologize if necessary :)).
Link

That is completely wrong. SC follows the GW2 model of B2P (Buy2Play).
If you pledge for the aurora package (which is 35 or 40$ atm not sure and too lazy to look it up)
) you get the FULL game, which is the MMO aspect (the persistent universe) aswell as the Singleplayercampaign(offline and online playable) aswell as beta access. You don't need ANYTHING else, everything will be earnable ingame or you can just host your own servers aswell, like in Freelancer.
9 Dec 2014, 20:38 PM

source:
coh2 next plans

So that was december patch? It was rather AA fix, not a patch.. At least I don't have any more lags/fps drops in the first 5sec in main menu. Great improvement :foreveralone:

Balance :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:
9 Dec 2014, 20:56 PM

This aint no patch, this is an AA patch!!!
9 Dec 2014, 21:41 PM

Guys guys! Relax, let us all focus on what really matters.

Will Barton stay true to his words? :P
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight