Login

russian armor

USF pop cap

5 Dec 2014, 20:23 PM
Patrion 28

i don't find popcap to be much of an issue against OKH but against OKW who spams obers into Vs or VI Bs i have a very hard time maintaining field presence. the only infantry unit that fights obers are M2s (and maybe paras with lmgs, haven't tried them yet) but i prefer Scotts and the only tank that fights Vs/VI Bs are jacksons which means i bleed mp all over from my infantry and/or do not have much capping power and end up both mp and fuel deprived due to trying to build and replace tanks.

it's really only the ober/high armour tank combo that gives me problems there though.
5 Dec 2014, 22:27 PM

You know, COH one had a funny tech for their riflemen. Can't remember if it reduced their upkeep or just the population per squad.

Might be worth while to implement a similar solution.
6 Dec 2014, 01:38 AM

You know, COH one had a funny tech for their riflemen. Can't remember if it reduced their upkeep or just the population per squad.

Upkeep and increased the rate that Rifles gained vet (and Rifle vet was much stronger but harder to get than in CoH 2)
6 Dec 2014, 01:47 AM

There were two upgrades to the Supply Yard. The SY itself reduced the upkeep costs of US units, unlocked T's 3 and 4, but gave no buffs. Each upgrade increased the rate at which rifles (did other units too?) received veterancy and further reduced the mp upkeep costs.

I like the idea of reducing pop a lot. It would have no effect on the game so long as the pop limit isn't achieved. But as stated, not just does USF have to fight the increased veterancy of OKW (and the super units) but is hamstrung in how much of a force they can wield to take on all of that power.

(Though M36 still needs a penetration buff.)
6 Dec 2014, 03:38 AM

I don't think this would be a viable solution

In coh 1 every faction had Global upgrades, you decrease your field presence temporarily to improve All your troops combat capacity permanently, german vet, USF supply/bars, PE fieldcraft, vet gain ect.

Such a system does not already exist in coh 2 and i do not expect this to change.Unless they pretty much redesign the entire game, They just have munitions upgrades which are a per unit improvement not global
6 Dec 2014, 18:15 PM

Remove the popcap of mandatory units, and also lower the popcap of support weapons cause they don't perform very well compared to axis ones.
6 Dec 2014, 18:50 PM

SU and US both need pop cap + price reductions. 480mp and 11 popcap for a howitzer that is skipped often, the .50 cal mg at 280mp thats worse that an mg42 at 240mp, an overpriced ht , uncrewed airdropped mgs and at guns for the same price as crewed weapons etc. and t34 and ZIS underperform for there price/popcap a bunch of SU units that probably never see play as well need reductions to price+popcap.
6 Dec 2014, 22:36 PM

reduce the popcap of jackson and wolverine by 1, sherman is fine, major reduction of popcap by 1 aswell since its mostly used as retreat points although his abilities are awesome. reduce scot pop by 2 and thats it. imo that should be enough to balance the paper units of usf in this game. Also fix the decrew / crew thing...
6 Dec 2014, 23:14 PM

Reduce pop by 1 for AT Gun and HMG, fix Pack Howitzer pop, remove from Ambulance, reduce for Major. That should free up enough space.

I'm against reducing cap on units like Paras because contrary to what people seem to think, Paras are actually very potent units up close.
7 Dec 2014, 03:43 AM
Patrion 28

SU and US both need pop cap + price reductions. 480mp and 11 popcap for a howitzer that is skipped often, the .50 cal mg at 280mp thats worse that an mg42 at 240mp, an overpriced ht , uncrewed airdropped mgs and at guns for the same price as crewed weapons etc. and t34 and ZIS underperform for there price/popcap a bunch of SU units that probably never see play as well need reductions to price+popcap.

the M2 is expensive but a hell of a lot better than the MG42 and better defensively than the maxim. the US at gun is great against medium tanks and terrible against heavies for a lot of reasons.
7 Dec 2014, 03:58 AM

I don't know why everyone starts out with 100 pop cap in the first place, you cap a point you get more pop cap that's how it should be would make map control extremely important. Also would make gameplay so much better as well causing the player to decide what to attack fuel to deny or deny pop cap

Just my 1000 dollars
7 Dec 2014, 03:58 AM

There are some units who's pop cap requirement seems too high.

1) For instance the pack-howie costs 480 manpower and will use up 11 pop cap although it should function as a slightly better mortar. That it can also damage vehicles is nice but it's too inaccurate to pose a serious threat. The same goes for the OKW isg.

2) The major needs 5 pop cap (if I recall correctly).

3) IR pathfinders are purely recon units but have a high pop cap requirement.

Other than the listed exceptions and maybe one or two that I forgot, I don't see a problem with the pop cap.

IR Pathfinders are ok fighting units so I think the popcap is ok and you can call in multiple artillery barrages with them
9 Dec 2014, 10:09 AM

I think "troop training" in Elite Troops Doctrine commander is a bit cheese because in the late game when the player have full pop used instead of building more units he can still spend resources to upgrade them with vet and gain advantage...
Vaz
9 Dec 2014, 12:52 PM

That's not cheese Blackart. There are more universal instances of this in the game for both allies and axis.
9 Dec 2014, 13:16 PM

the idea is that late game is always axis, can t change this.
9 Dec 2014, 14:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What I wanna know is, why doesn't popcap relate to territory possession as it did in COH1? That seems like such a massively bad change from COH1 to COH2. That change alone has made cut-off moves so much less important. Games drag out forever with armies both near pop. It's actually bad to take more territory sometimes in close games because your pop doesn't adjust to allow your army to control the territory you own.
9 Dec 2014, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2014, 12:52 PMVaz
That's not cheese Blackart. There are more universal instances of this in the game for both allies and axis.

It is, in 4v4 he could just hold Panthers in base and level them to vet 3 while i had 2500 spare fuel and coud do nothing with this because of population cap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★