Login

russian armor

A new way to think of Obsersoldaten.

30 Nov 2014, 00:49 AM

Obersoldaten, a 4 man squad consisting of 3 kar98s and 1 mg34. Now that thing kills a man with every burst which is what every 5-7 or so seconds?

Russian sniper is a 2 man team that kills a man in a similar amount of time but has the disadvantage of having to be immobile, more susceptible to wipes due to no incoming accuracy bonuses and 2 man squad, they have the advantage of range and camo.

I put forth that Obers are the OKW's ''sniper'' which consists of the sniper and 3 spotters who do decent damage themselves.... Think about it.
30 Nov 2014, 01:42 AM

If Obers went down as fast as snipers there wouldn't be a problem. Instead they are like twice as durable as a con squad. So no, that's a terrible way to think of them.
30 Nov 2014, 01:57 AM

Obersoldaten, a 4 man squad consisting of 3 kar98s and 1 mg34. Now that thing kills a man with every burst which is what every 5-7 or so seconds?

Russian sniper is a 2 man team that kills a man in a similar amount of time but has the disadvantage of having to be immobile, more susceptible to wipes due to no incoming accuracy bonuses and 2 man squad, they have the advantage of range and camo.

I put forth that Obers are the OKW's ''sniper'' which consists of the sniper and 3 spotters who do decent damage themselves.... Think about it.

Except Snipers have 48 hp each and no incoming accruacy reduction
Vet 1 Unlock Flare
Vet 2 -20% Reload +20% Sight -20% Cooldown
Vet 3 +25% Range on Flare -30% Reload -30% Cooldown

Obers have 4 members each with 80hp + high incoming accuracy reduction( I think it is -23/-29% to begin with) that only gets higher with vet, I'd argue Obers get significantly better vet than Snipers.
Vet 1 unlocks smoke grenade
Vet 2 +40% accuracy -25% weapon cooldown
Vet 3 -29% received accuracy Passive healing
Vet 4 -29% received accuracy now deals suppression

Vet 5 Sprint when out of combat

Ober is significantly more durable, can still DPS while moving plus Passive Healing + Suppression.
30 Nov 2014, 02:24 AM

Except Snipers have 48 hp each and no incoming accruacy reduction
Vet 1 Unlock Flare
Vet 2 -20% Reload +20% Sight -20% Cooldown
Vet 3 +25% Range on Flare -30% Reload -30% Cooldown

Obers have 4 members each with 80hp + high incoming accuracy reduction( I think it is -23/-29% to begin with) that only gets higher with vet, I'd argue Obers get significantly better vet than Snipers.
Vet 1 unlocks smoke grenade
Vet 2 +40% accuracy -25% weapon cooldown
Vet 3 -29% received accuracy Passive healing
Vet 4 -29% received accuracy now deals suppression

Vet 5 Sprint when out of combat

Ober is significantly more durable, can still DPS while moving plus Passive Healing + Suppression.

Ummm I don't really see what you are arguing with me for, I'm saying they have the lethality of a sniper while having really good survivability. They shouldn't be dropping entities at the speed of a sniper and have that ability to evade damage. This thread is a humorous observation on the players who have commented saying OKW have no sniper...

@Omega You can think of them in terms of a sniper squad in their lethality towards enemy entities, keep them at max range and watch the models drop.
30 Nov 2014, 02:44 AM
Patrion 14

i think if you say "sniper", it is assumed they come with lethality but also fragility.

so i dont think calling them okw "sniper" is a good way to look at them
30 Nov 2014, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 02:44 AMpigsoup
i think if you say "sniper", it is assumed they come with lethality but also fragility.

so i dont think calling them okw "sniper" is a good way to look at them

Ok well if you want to get hung up on that bit of pedantry go right ahead. I'm talking about the lethality, who do you get to remove the gunner from a team weapon? The sniper, because of the speed at which they can do it. In that way they fill the role quite well, walking up to mgs and wiping them thanks to gunning down the squad faster than they can re-man the gun.
30 Nov 2014, 04:06 AM

I don't think this thread is going to go like you think it is. But I get what you are trying to say.
30 Nov 2014, 04:31 AM

my opinion on Obers: should be like Knights Cross Holders from CoH1.
30 Nov 2014, 04:36 AM

How i pictured obers

How i see them now

30 Nov 2014, 04:52 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Except Obersoldaten don't instantly die if caught out of position, can consistently shred infantry and especially support weapons if caught out in the very slightest, and get crazy vet that allows them to even suppress, and have a grenade, and have another smoke grenade of death, and have a weapon slot for something else. This is a ridiculous comparison.
30 Nov 2014, 05:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But they have less range and they don't come in pairs on the first 5 mins of the game.
Also they have less sight, they only get sprint at vet5 and they don't have such utility as being able to throw flares.

:trollmodeoff:
30 Nov 2014, 05:53 AM

And don't forget, snipers have a 90 MP reinforce squad. Obers 50.
Obers are the most ridiculous unit in the OKW. Need a complete redesign IMO.
30 Nov 2014, 06:29 AM

How i pictured obers

How i see them now

Hahaha nice one dude, :D thanks for the laugh
30 Nov 2014, 07:09 AM

I personally think that Obers are killing as fast as they should I like seeing enemy units getting cut down to pieces from a machine gun it just makes coh look and feel more realistic.

The real problem is the other units are not killing as fast they should. Don't touch the obersoldaten, buff the other small arms.
30 Nov 2014, 07:28 AM
Patrion 14

Ok well if you want to get hung up on that bit of pedantry go right ahead. I'm talking about the lethality, who do you get to remove the gunner from a team weapon? The sniper, because of the speed at which they can do it. In that way they fill the role quite well, walking up to mgs and wiping them thanks to gunning down the squad faster than they can re-man the gun.

woah, way to be smug.

sorry, but i think it is only one who is not hung up on the little pedantry, which means when one mentions 'sniper', its lethality and vulnerability come intertwined, both as important as another.

so i don't get why you are so hung up on that vocabulary. i mean, sniper is a cool word but not that cool.
30 Nov 2014, 07:41 AM

I wouldn't say obers are exactly like snipers... They're more like a 4 man sniper squad that is more durable and not restrictive in tech choice. In other words, completely batshit op. I seriously have no idea how they're still in the game in the way that they currently are. They either need to buy their lmg or their dps needs to be toned down.
30 Nov 2014, 07:41 AM

How i pictured obers

How i see them now

30 Nov 2014, 07:49 AM

I personally think that Obers are killing as fast as they should I like seeing enemy units getting cut down to pieces from a machine gun it just makes coh look and feel more realistic. Don't touch the obersoldaten, buff the other small arms.

That would make everything way too fragile, Infantry would have to go way down in cost otherwise you'd just have a bunch of half dead squads, some missing (dead) squads, and no manpower. Tanks would be extremely good because their hull and roof MG's would be killing Infantry AT squads.
30 Nov 2014, 08:45 AM

Except Obersoldaten don't instantly die if caught out of position...

Yeah such as Soviet Snipers right? :rolleyes:

I started to treat them like light vehicles when I see them, kinda solved my issues. Always good to see those 120exp markers go up when the sherman's HE hits.
30 Nov 2014, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Meanwhile the german sniper...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 3
United Kingdom 164
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W