Login

russian armor

[Developer] Map Improvement Poll

21 Feb 2015, 04:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Theres also a good chunk of Tow maps that seem balanced but aren't in multiplayer, just in ToW
21 Feb 2015, 06:48 AM

Question to any mapmakers ?

Is there a simple way to measure travel time between points on maps, ie travel time from base to cutoff or fuel point???

You can't measure travel time, and that doesn't matter because units have different speeds. But you can measure travel distance, the amount of passable ground that must be covered from A to B. It's not perfect because it does not take into account pathfinding (a vehicle moving in a straight line will arrive sooner than one that has to make a hairpin turn).
Gxm
24 Feb 2015, 12:12 PM

I'm with the other 25 people who said Hurtgen Forest. Such a bore to play and not fair at all.

Semoisky isn't a good 2v2 map; it should be 1v1 only. In 2v2 it's a clustergarden.

Also please add Ardennes Assault maps to the automatcher, I don't find most maps to be enjoyable at all (the too campy ones like Crossing) so more variety would be nice. I have AA but I can't play the maps on automatch, what's the point? Who wants to wait for a custom game to fill up with fairly matched players?

And in general, more maps need more cutoffs that are not impossible to attack and available for both sides. On Moscow Outskirts for example, North has an immense disadvantage with the perfectly attackable cutoff that is also in a cluster with the VP while the south one is relatively remote and easier to defend. Less foilage and direct line of sight from any MG the defender may place.

More cutoffs would be an indirect buff to early game oriented doctrines and also Encirclement Doctrine which is in a bad spot right now.

Agree on the Hurtgen Forest part, but Semoisky should be 1v1? Its much more balanced for 2v2 imo, its so hard to get back after u have to retreat to ur base. Try to play ostheer on north (if ur lucky as me, u will always get north) against rifle company all the time. This map is just pain, the vp/muni cut offs, many buildings in mid... I like its look etc but I definitely rather play it in 2v2 than 1v1.
24 Feb 2015, 13:03 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2015, 12:12 PMGxm

Agree on the Hurtgen Forest part, but Semoisky should be 1v1? Its much more balanced for 2v2 imo, its so hard to get back after u have to retreat to ur base. Try to play ostheer on north (if ur lucky as me, u will always get north) against rifle company all the time. This map is just pain, the vp/muni cut offs, many buildings in mid... I like its look etc but I definitely rather play it in 2v2 than 1v1.

its too small for 2v2
Gxm
24 Feb 2015, 17:53 PM

not rly at least u can flank the village position, not like other maps
25 Feb 2015, 06:05 AM

Rostov just needs to get cut. It was bad before WFA, but the ability to pin the northern players with kubelwagons is too much.
25 Feb 2015, 06:17 AM

langreksa south most overpowered 1v1 map side in the game, pls remove langres until you fix it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 756

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight