Login

russian armor

What do you want in CoH2....

27 Nov 2014, 18:07 PM

...for Christmas. I want:

-new voices for Obersoldaten. They deserve some ober-grade voice.:snfBarton:

...and this thread not becoming a balance discussion thread....
Vaz
27 Nov 2014, 18:08 PM

Jackson to penetrate
27 Nov 2014, 18:11 PM

27 Nov 2014, 18:12 PM

Russians finally fixed with their cheesy tactics or completely removed from the game and replaced by British Forces.

(Cheesy Bullshit like Maxim can run into MG42, set up and win the fight. Commanders that have everything like good Inf, tanks, offmaps. ISU, T34-85 so much better compared to Panzer IV Ausf. J etc etc etc)
27 Nov 2014, 18:15 PM

balance for 4v4
27 Nov 2014, 18:18 PM

OKW finally fixed with their cheesy tactics or completely removed from the game and replaced by Finnish forces.

(Cheesy Bullshit like Volks can run into Sherman or 2 shooting HE, drive them back, Obs can run into Allied MGs that are set up and win the fight. Walking Stuka. Commanders that have everything like good Inf, tanks, offmaps. JT, Panthers so much better compared to anything the allies have. etc etc etc)
27 Nov 2014, 18:18 PM

Pershing would be cool.
27 Nov 2014, 18:19 PM

Sturmtiger Buffs -> Sturmtiger Meta :snfBarton:
27 Nov 2014, 18:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

27 Nov 2014, 18:29 PM

27 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM
Donator 11

More players in automatch ;)
27 Nov 2014, 18:32 PM

All commanders to be competitive.

Maybe not equally strong, but competitive.
27 Nov 2014, 18:39 PM

more duplicate commander
27 Nov 2014, 18:41 PM

There's a lot of things I want but I'll list a few that immediately come to mind:

1) The British Army/Canadian Army- This is most important to me because I practically only played the British in CoH1(Along with a fair number of Panzer Elite games), and found them to be the best faction in the game due to the incredible voice acting, the aesthetic appeal of the units and because there was Canadian artillery. I'm hoping Relic hasn't forgotten that they're a Canadian developer and thus they owe it to the Canadian troops who fought and died in WW2 to add the British Army, along with perhaps a commander that has Canadian infantry as a call-in unit(The British' elite unit if you will).

Canadian infantry units in WW1 and WW2 were considered the best infantry the Allies could front, so it would be amazing if we were represented in the game via the British Army since a lot of Canadian troops fought with the British, as well as commanded by British officers and Generals.

Here's a fun fact, the lead game designer of CoH1 and the expansion Opposing Fronts was a retired Canadian Army officer, so i'm sure he pressed hard to have the British Army in(And by extension the Royal Canadian Artillery), but he's not with Relic anymore so i'm hoping the current dev team understands their roots.

2) Waffen SS General or officer unit- This is another unit that's needed for the OKW since the Sturm Officer is actually a Heer officer, and not actually a Waffen SS officer like he's supposed to be. I'm just confused as to why they made the Sturm Officer look like a Heer officer(The insignia's, collar tabs mainly), but made the Obersoldatens look exactly like their real life counterparts. Anyways, this one actually doesn't require too much work but knowing Relic, they're not going to fix the Sturm Officer anytime soon or even ever.

27 Nov 2014, 18:55 PM
Donator 11

The Brits were always actually the commonwealth army. I saw Quinn Duffy make this point repeatedly at a developer talk to another 'Brit' fan who hoped the faction would return and who completely failed to notice Quinn repeatedly correcting him.

When he told Quinn that they were he favourite faction Quinn simply said 'why?'.
27 Nov 2014, 18:57 PM

More axis elite infantry that spawn out of buildings
27 Nov 2014, 19:01 PM

Unusual hats just like in tf2
and italian tanks
27 Nov 2014, 19:04 PM

The British and by extension all of its territories and dominions have been referred to as the British Army for ages. My grandfather who fought in the Canadian Army in WW2 still considered himself to be a part of the British Army, despite being in the Canadian Army.

Anyways, I think this highlights how important Josh Mosqueira was to Relic; he made the greatest rts game and innovated the rts genre. He also no doubt pressed for the British Army being added since he was an officer in the Canadian Army. It appears to me that Quinn Duffy hates the British, but unfortunately Josh isn't at Relic anymore to balance things out.

Actually, I'll add that to my list; please bring back Josh Mosqueira to Relic.
27 Nov 2014, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

The brits (or the commonwealth) will probably return but they won't definitely be same or even similar army, too many ppl hate the faction. And to tell you the truth it's design is just werid (even when it plays much better than it looks on paper).
27 Nov 2014, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2014, 18:08 PMVaz
Jackson to penetrate
No, it finishes the Tiger with 5 penetrating hits. Two Jacksons can finish of a Tiger within seconds. 60 range and 240 dmg per shot is enough offensive capability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★