Login

russian armor

Unrealistic sound effects?

14 Nov 2014, 04:59 AM
Donator 33

It's interesting how they manage to change it over time though. It used to sound like aliens; then some time this year it became more of a gunshot; and recently it's been changing character with most patches. At the moment it's like a time-stretched "khkhkkhhaaaaaaaaa "

It only happens when you set your AA and sound settings at the highest possible.
Hmm dont' think it's AA related - I've never used that.
14 Nov 2014, 05:14 AM

My only complaint is the FG-42. It sounds like a modern SMG which I don't like at all compared to the CoH1 FG-42 where it sounded loud and heavy, and you knew you had some serious firepower. The K98's could also use some work since I find their sound inferior to CoH1's.
14 Nov 2014, 05:49 AM

IMO one of the best things about CoH2 is the sound.
I don't think that this was ever a problem.

Only little thing is that I would like the old MG42 sound back.
14 Nov 2014, 05:54 AM

I have played and watched many WWII games and movies

all those movies are super realistic LOL
14 Nov 2014, 06:28 AM

Sound and music are the one thing in both CoH1 and CoH2 I just can't find any flaws in to be honest. I like it all very much.

The only thing I would like is that the BAR had a bit more punch to it when firing, but otherwise that is it. I am a BAR fanboy :D
14 Nov 2014, 06:32 AM

Bad poll, lame answers, not enough choices. The sound ingame is mostly very good, but HMGs in general tend to lack some 'punch' sound-wise, at least imo.
14 Nov 2014, 07:04 AM

I would also like the USF M2 HMG to use the same sound as all the vehicle M2 HMG's. Not only does it have way more punch making it easier to identify, but it's consistant with all the other weapons. Off the top of my head, the only other weapon with inconsistent sound is the Sniper Mosin-Nagant, and that one has an excuse.
Vaz
14 Nov 2014, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 02:07 AMeebies
The loud as garden gunshot bug sound that randomly plays is pretty realistic at making ears ring like a real gunshot. A+ B-)

That bug will never die! It's so much fun when streamers get it and are surprised by it!
14 Nov 2014, 08:34 AM

I like ingame sounds. Voices are bothering me, they rather childish. But there are other problems more important. For instance, performance.
14 Nov 2014, 10:03 AM

For me as a German CoH player I can say that the German Voices are REALLY REALLY good. I honestly don't miss anything because the voice acting is brilliant. Not many have such a good sound atmosphere.

I just like the vCoH soundtrack better because of the Panzer Elite theme (Shattered) which fit so perfectly into the German side of the war (I have to think about the holocaust when hearing that).
14 Nov 2014, 11:33 AM
Senior Editor Badge

lol

the OP is lost. Sounds is the best thing on CoH Series.
14 Nov 2014, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

This is actually a noise generated by an engine error. Last I checked, Relic had no idea what caused the sound or how to get rid of it. The world of programming, isn't it amazing?

I thought it was the sound of a vehicle engine being destroyed. It has happened to me a few times exactly at the same time. It sounded cool though it's extremely loud
14 Nov 2014, 12:33 PM

The sound team is the only department at Relic that have consistently done an outstanding job on all of their games. From SFX to Voice work to soundtracks, soundtracks most of the time have been outsourced to contracted composers but I digress.

I really have no problem with the sound scape they have created for this game.

This. For every single game they make, the audio is outstanding. Unit chatter, dialogues, ambient, everything.
14 Nov 2014, 12:50 PM

I think most of the game sounds are really nice and authentic!
14 Nov 2014, 13:48 PM

Permanently Banned
Most of them sound good, but I don't see why they changed so many sounds after WFA. I thought the original MG42 sound from pre-WFA was amazing.

Some of the small arms effects don't sound captivating and immersive, but all the vehicle noises are stellar and on-point.
14 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

What is the reason behind the sound settings locked on "low". CPU?
14 Nov 2014, 15:07 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

locked on low? I can set it to high :o
15 Nov 2014, 17:54 PM

Just to make it clear, I didn't complain about the soundtrack. It has arguably one of the best music compositions. The main theme for WFA always makes me cry. :(

No It's not locked.
15 Nov 2014, 18:49 PM

OP, here's the thing. What you hear in most movies is the *exaggerated* sound of combat. In real life these sound have more of a "pang" to them rather than an ominous rumble like in the movies.

I think COH2 made a good effort in recording actual weapons and how they sound, without overly "enhancing" them to cinematic levels. Now, regarding the voice-overs, whoever cast those actors needs to be fired.
15 Nov 2014, 19:16 PM

The sound team is the only department at Relic that have consistently done an outstanding job on all of their games. From SFX to Voice work to soundtracks, soundtracks most of the time have been outsourced to contracted composers but I digress.

I really have no problem with the sound scape they have created for this game.

Same here, their sound team is gardening awesome!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight