Login

russian armor

Do you think Grenadier LMG too strong?

13 Nov 2014, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 08:24 AMpigsoup
oh, the " you fight 2 seconds then you run back if you want to preserve your squad" part....

i have no words

Well apparently you are allways ready to shot all cannons in my direction. If things I say are not ok with you, I don't have a problem, I respect everybody's opinion. But chasing someone's every post and exagerrating to make it awkward it's not an open-minded aproach, nor civilised.
Most probably it's my fault, because I try do realy answer and discuss to you. Probably it will be better if I'll just ignore you.
13 Nov 2014, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 10:04 AMBeWee
Instead of this stupid wehrmacht (OST) nerfing rant, you should try to play the faction fort once. They have nerfed this faction to the very end, and they don't need any more nerfing.

How is wehrmacht (OST) going to stop shocks, BARs, Guards, SMGs?

panzergrenadier wont do it, they already die like butter melts in the sun by any unit. I guess your next topic will be, "nerf the panzergrenadier", and followed by "nerf the scout car"...

Don't forget "nerf the P4" and "nerf the mg42" ;) FYI, there is already a "nerf panzergrenadier" running around (aimed towards schrecks being too strong, which is only true if you only watch the OKW faction side of things).
13 Nov 2014, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 10:07 AMSlaYoU

Don't forget "nerf the P4" and "nerf the mg42" ;) FYI, there is already a "nerf panzergrenadier" running around (aimed towards schrecks being too strong, which is only true if you only watch the OKW faction side of things).

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the Axis nerfing threads on this forum, especially those related to OKW. It's amazing what bias can do.
and
13 Nov 2014, 10:41 AM

13 Nov 2014, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 10:12 AMJohnnyB

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the Axis nerfing threads on this forum, especially those related to OKW. It's amazing what bias can do.

Unfortunately you are so right man! It is getting boring..

Back to topic:

I think Grens with LMGs are fine. You can easily deal with them playing as US. Playing as Soviets it is a little pain in the ass in the early game if you counter them with conscripts without molotovs. But in mid and late game there are so many Soviet counters that Grens will drop like flies. So nerfing LMG? I don´t see any reasons for this intention.

Edit:

I forgot to mention the high costs of 90 60 Mun if Ostheer player wants to equip a single Grensquad with LMGs.
13 Nov 2014, 11:04 AM
Patrion 28

i think the lmg42 is fine. it is strong, but only if the grens don't move, otherwise it's a liability. there are various ways to force them to move and it's a significant munitions sink.
13 Nov 2014, 11:19 AM
Patrion 14

yeah my B. i guess we'll just agree to disagree. i just disagree with you so much that i think i got uncivilised but one more thing
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 10:07 AMJohnnyB

Well apparently you are allways ready to shot all cannons in my direction. If things I say are not ok with you, I don't have a problem, I respect everybody's opinion. But chasing someone's every post and exagerrating to make it awkward it's not an open-minded aproach, nor civilised.
Most probably it's my fault, because I try do realy answer and discuss to you. Probably it will be better if I'll just ignore you.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 06:56 AMJohnnyB
... [talking about non vet grens] you fight 2 seconds then you run back if you want to preserve your squad.
13 Nov 2014, 11:50 AM

I like the LMG upgrade. It´s in a good state and gives Grenadiers the possibility to scale into the late game. In the end this means more choices and a better experience throughout the whole game.

If you feel that LMGs should be tuned down in performance, because conscripts for example don´t scale into the late game, then that is a problem with conscripts rather than the Gren LMGs. I don´t want to see Grens lose their utility in longer games. If it´s really a problem, other units that don´t scale into the later stages of the game should be adjusted to have some utility themselves, rather than kicking out Grens (and thus narrowing the viable strategies).
13 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Once upon a time, we thought that LMG Grens had insane escalability and DPS for the lategame.
Then WFA and proves us all wrong.

13 Nov 2014, 13:32 PM

Once upon a time, we thought that LMG Grens had insane escalability and DPS for the lategame.
Then WFA and proves us all wrong.

Amen, man.
13 Nov 2014, 13:53 PM

Permanently Banned
LMGs in general just make the meta feel stale. Though Grens are pretty cheap early on for how powerful they become. And it makes playing Ostheer very map-based; Crossing in the Woods/Langreskaya = EZ Win, Stalingrad/Semoisky Winter? Lol gl
13 Nov 2014, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 10:48 AMCasTroy

Unfortunately you are so right man! It is getting boring..

Back to topic:

I think Grens with LMGs are fine. You can easily deal with them playing as US. Playing as Soviets it is a little pain in the ass in the early game if you counter them with conscripts without molotovs. But in mid and late game there are so many Soviet counters that Grens will drop like flies. So nerfing LMG? I don´t see any reasons for this intention.

Edit:

I forgot to mention the high costs of 90 Mun if Ostheer player wants to equip a single Grensquad with LMGs.

Its 60 muni.
13 Nov 2014, 17:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think their LMG is fine. I'd like to see G43s buffed to be a viable option, as well as snipers and panzergrenadiers. Grens aren't too strong, the rest of ostheer's anti-infantry are just too weak. That's why you see gren blobs pretty much every game, sadly.
13 Nov 2014, 17:23 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Grens I think are relatively fine where they are. They are a strong core infantry, but they have their counters and their durability issues, not to mention losing too many models early game is detrimental due to their reinforce cost of 30, same issue as USF, where losing too models early on delays tech and new units. And in smaller games, I generally don't lie spending all those munitions until the late game since first purchase will likely be the med bunker, maybe mine sweepers, and then it depends if you're force to faust/use nades.

I also must be the odd one out on PGs. I think PGs do pretty good damage overall with and have their place as mid-short range combatants and become bringers of death with vet. You just don't charge them like assault troops, unless it's a support weapon or weak infantry units. Nor like Grens, will they usually ever be the main line infantry because of the reinforce cost. I would say usually 2 max when with 3-4 grens and the accompanying support weapons. You probably don't see too much because, on my random assumption, most people prefer to stick their their build and not differentiate since it pushes them out of their comfort zone. It also means I'm the only player who usually tries to build a Brummbar in smaller games because it's there in the T4 building :p.
13 Nov 2014, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned
grens are fine.

just buff cons
13 Nov 2014, 18:38 PM

Its 60 muni.

:oops:, you´re right. My mistake!

...Did my fingers thought on Shrecks? :p
13 Nov 2014, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 18:38 PMCasTroy

:oops:, you´re right. My mistake!

...Did my fingers thought on Shrecks? :p

Its cool.

I dont think grens are that bad. Conscripts may need a bit more in order to stay in the game...

At least something that could unlock for them after T3/T4 is built. Wouldnt mind paying more for them if they got a bit more oomph without the need of a commander.
13 Nov 2014, 20:24 PM

Leave Ost alone. They are the most balanced faction right now...and arguably the weakest in 1v1. You see the relation?

Seems like properly balanced = weak

And buff the G43. Relic pls.
13 Nov 2014, 21:50 PM

I agree that conscripts deserve a stock upgrade for scaling, like it has been suggested here after unlocking T3 or T4, I would suggest replace all 6 rifles with better rifles for medium and long range this would keep their mobility, and you wouldn't have another LMG blob in the game since the conscripts durability wouldn't change losing models would mean losing dps.

I think it would have to be pricy in order to keep people from spaming it and since its too replace all rifles, I would go for a 120 muni, 20 muni a rifle doesn't sound that bad, otherwise you run the risk of conscript spam rush to T3 or 4 and equip all at same time, and its not like soviets have many other places to spend their munitions on.

this upgrade would make them beat grens at range that dont have LMG however since they would lose models fast their dps would go down when facing LMG grens.

13 Nov 2014, 22:17 PM

Why not just leave the G43 alone and add one more? Then you have 3 G43's and a Kar 98 for rifle grenading.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★