Login

russian armor

Make Old penal troop come back?

Do you want penal become high DPS unit with increased cost?
Option Distribution Votes
64%
36%
Total votes: 28
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Nov 2014, 01:31 AM

Soviet heavily relied on call-in elite infantry, such as guard, shocks, but it needs some non-doc elite infantry as well,
what if? make old penal come back, a high DPS elite infantry with 6 svt-40 but with manpower cost 360?
12 Nov 2014, 01:40 AM

MP cost 360 is right, but they had no high DPS, and never been an elite infantry, don't know which to vote
12 Nov 2014, 04:23 AM

Honestly? Should have a renforcement cost of 8. So if axis players see some they can expect human waves that sovs can support if they dont squad wipe and axis can prepare. Its Russia.
12 Nov 2014, 05:46 AM

They're fine, maybe a small buff is acceptable, but I really don't want the old Penals back. Not only were they overpriced, but you could capture an MG 42 with them, and they would beat a flanking Grenadier squad.
12 Nov 2014, 06:11 AM

What "old" penal squads? You mean the ones that performed basically the exact same way (or even worse if memory serves me right) for 90 manpower more? No thanks.
12 Nov 2014, 06:50 AM

No please not. I already hate soviet T1 as hell.
12 Nov 2014, 07:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not about bringing back the ol Penals, rather a tweak on their intended range use and overhauling. 6 SVT with increased DPS at long range won't work because they drop DPS way too fast and you still have a flamer upgrade which doesn't synergies with their long range duties.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/21121/diversifing-the-dps-roles-of-penals-and-cons

12 Nov 2014, 07:47 AM

They might have had higher DPS, but they still didn't have enough DPS to compete with even a single LMG gren squad back when they were 360MP. Now that OKW is in the game with even more insane damage numbers on their infantry, the old price tag would make penals utterly worthless because all you're getting them for is the non-exploding flamer right now, the rifle guys are just there to suck up fire.

Voting no.
12 Nov 2014, 10:40 AM
Donator 33

Old penals still lost to rushing Pgrens, your best bet was to throw an satchel in between you and the Pgrens and pray for a squad wipe :) ,

Also i firmly believe that relic ninja nerfed the satchel at some point, since the old satchel usually blew half of your squad away, if you didnt run away right after throwing the satchel

Fan art of Strummingbird :faint:

12 Nov 2014, 10:40 AM

Penals need to be something like VCOH Rangers, Paratroopers or Panzer Grenadiers in armament or versatility. Its odd unit, not that bad but not much reason to build it.

I think expensive unit that can deal decent damage to Axis armor would be ideal. Soviets really need unit like that to be more fun to play with and versatile.

Ah the good old days when you didn't have to build heavy tanks if you didn't want to(VCOH)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★