Login

russian armor

Night and Rain

5 Nov 2014, 01:05 AM

I have been thinking about this for a while. I used to play Company of Heroes (the first one) and If I'm not mistaken, we had some night-time maps and some others with rain. I really like the snow and blizzards in Coh2, although they are a pain in the neck, I think they are pretty realistic, at least imho.

I know it would be a lot of work, but what if we could choose to play the maps during the day or at night? That would totally change the impression of the maps, don't you think. Although the map would still be the same, it would look like another one and I would really love to have that possibily.

Wouldn't it be epic to fight in a storm? What do you think? If the Relic guys are checking the forum, I hope they read this thread! :D
5 Nov 2014, 01:07 AM

You cant see anything in night maps. Vehicles with headlights barely do anything, and light posts are ridiculously the only source of light on the map.
5 Nov 2014, 02:06 AM

i really did like the variable weather conditions, was fun to play the same map but under different lighting. also really liked the dynamic sunlight some maps had, hochwald gap comes to mind. it would shift from evening to night as the match went on.
5 Nov 2014, 02:37 AM

i really did like the variable weather conditions, was fun to play the same map but under different lighting. also really liked the dynamic sunlight some maps had, hochwald gap comes to mind. it would shift from evening to night as the match went on.

wolfheze had that too.

Would be nice if these effects were added to some CoH2 maps.
5 Nov 2014, 03:17 AM

You cant see anything in night maps. Vehicles with headlights barely do anything, and light posts are ridiculously the only source of light on the map.

Night maps aren't even dark though, we're talking about videogame darkness where the light is blue and visibility is still high.
5 Nov 2014, 03:42 AM

Rainy maps were fps dumps, same goes for winter maps. No pls.

I would say yes if Relic optimized this game properly tho.
5 Nov 2014, 03:45 AM

Night maps aren't even dark though, we're talking about videogame darkness where the light is blue and visibility is still high.

I played a modified map with a day cycle, and my entire team couldnt see anything at nighttime because the screen became pitch black, and everyone agreed not to battle during the night as it was impossible to determine the location and placement of every unit during that time. XD

So I guess a better night time than that, hopefully.
5 Nov 2014, 07:44 AM

Before doing any of these, they better improve overall game performance, which is still not to bright.
5 Nov 2014, 08:15 AM
Patrion 28

you could have the map spam parachute flares at night.
5 Nov 2014, 08:29 AM

I played a modified map with a day cycle, and my entire team couldnt see anything at nighttime because the screen became pitch black, and everyone agreed not to battle during the night as it was impossible to determine the location and placement of every unit during that time. XD

Darkness is set by the mapper, generally night in CoH is no darker than this:

The atmosphere it gives with street lights, headlight, spot lights, etc is pretty neat looking.
5 Nov 2014, 10:58 AM

If the night thing would be fixed this would be so awesome in my opinion.
So every 30 minutes a new day approaches.
I can't be the only one thinking this would be pretty cool.
5 Nov 2014, 12:12 PM

Rainy maps were fps dumps, same goes for winter maps. No pls.

I would say yes if Relic optimized this game properly tho.

+1
5 Nov 2014, 16:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Would love to see maps with dynamic daytime and specifically with night time, I can't forget when playing on Semois in COH1 as Americans that your men were whispering instead of screaming like usual. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 67
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak