Login

russian armor

Russian Double Sniper + Guards

2 Nov 2014, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 02:34 AMatouba
I always say the 2 men sinper is the biggest joke of the game! The fact that sniper can't be counter to sinper is the biggest joke. This design is the biggest joke. The sniper should be a support unit not a main role unit.

I'm fine with soviet sniper being two man squad, but what's BS is that when the sniper was killed, its spotter will instantly snipe back OST sniper if not in green cover or out of range(which is impossible without spotter nor before vet 2).
2 Nov 2014, 09:13 AM

I'm fine with soviet sniper being two man squad, but what's BS is that when the sniper was killed, its spotter will instantly snipe back OST sniper if not in green cover or out of range(which is impossible without spotter nor before vet 2).

Indeed. It is bullshit. Good to see that i am not alone in this point.

@Switzerland
If this is your point that one unit has to been fucked up because of another you are are a moron
2 Nov 2014, 09:53 AM

2 Nov 2014, 10:22 AM
Donator 33

Spielführer,

No need to go straight to name calling you Gardener.

Honestly if your struggling against the soviet sniper, with access to the Wher mortar's, the Kubel, the Wher scout car (which can still hit the field pre-guards) Breakthrough doc so you can sprint your whole army, and as mentioned mech doc and your STILL having trouble, your not in any kind of majority.

Snipers aren't "gardened* up" ether, so no need to use that to justify what is clearly a VERY Gardened* up unit. Not to mention using ace to fast vet mortars will get snipers off the field pretty fast, without using barrage they are monsters.

the multiple sniper start gives you one very clear indication, the-rye all going to be together, back cap, jump on opportunities to flank them, plant clever mines, mining common retreat paths with S-mines. Not to mention if you do your best not to hand the player free XP, you could get you car out before guards are around. This is peanuts to other things on the go right now.
2 Nov 2014, 10:39 AM

This "strategy" can hardly be countered with skill. You have to build mortars and pray that the Snipers get hit.

The problem of super resistant Snipers is even worse in 2v2s, where you can just hide behind your teammate, who also captures the map. One salvo from the Snipers will force away any German infantry unit.

It even occured that the Snipers got hit by a mortar and just one guy died, which means nothing.

Losing that one man of the Sniper squad should really hurt, but currently it doesn´t.
2 Nov 2014, 10:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Can some staffer with the proper permissions please move this to the Strategy Forums?

Also, I'm with Aerohank.
2 Nov 2014, 12:35 PM

This "strategy" can hardly be countered with skill. You have to build mortars and pray that the Snipers get hit.

The problem of super resistant Snipers is even worse in 2v2s, where you can just hide behind your teammate, who also captures the map. One salvo from the Snipers will force away any German infantry unit.

It even occured that the Snipers got hit by a mortar and just one guy died, which means nothing.

Losing that one man of the Sniper squad should really hurt, but currently it doesn´t.

That is the point. Since the Russian sniper are two guys, they should be little bit more expensive due to better surviveability and on the other hand, if one guy get caught, it should be really hurting in the manpower with maybe 200MP for a replacement.
2 Nov 2014, 12:47 PM

That is the point. Since the Russian sniper are two guys, they should be little bit more expensive due to better surviveability and on the other hand, if one guy get caught, it should be really hurting in the manpower with maybe 200MP for a replacement.

The soviet sniper has a higher durability because the soviets are designed around that.
The german sniper has the higher dmg output and cloaks faster, but due 1 person really micro intensive. However if you have the micro you stack up more kills then soviet snipers.
2 Nov 2014, 12:56 PM

That is in theory and on paper, but the truth looks different.
2 Nov 2014, 12:59 PM

does some1 has exact recieved acc and armor stats for both snipers? in my last game guards shoot 4 shoots ( watched replay, 4 shots) at mid-long range and my sniper was instant dead. other way around i often have trouble killing soviet sniper with panzergrens at close-mid range or when following the retreat with upgraded scout car.
2 Nov 2014, 13:06 PM

Stop saying MHT's incendiary barrage, its not even that accurate and if soviet is not retarded he will just retreat or move to where there arent any flames.
2 Nov 2014, 13:09 PM

I think there are problems higher up the list than this...
2 Nov 2014, 13:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think there are problems higher up the list than this...

I don't know, facing double sniper almost every game in 2v2 get's pretty frustrating. but soviets are pretty hopeless without snipers in teamgames and will just succumb to obers
2 Nov 2014, 13:39 PM

since they cant be garrisoned in scout cars anymore, theyre quite easy to handle. im talking 1v1 here only.

as okw i got a kubel (he probably wont have any at nades, since he spent 50 fuel on t1) and can rush a flak ht, which is, despite being a light vehicle, also a counter to guards (and since he built t1, there wont be an early Zis)

as ost is struggle a little more, though. usually i just spam grens and try to move without exposing them (stay clear of open spaces, as one would do when theres snipers around :O ) then ill go for an early scout car. no mortar, no mg. might get them later to fend of guards though
im probably the only person with jäger infantry equipped, but that thing is gold vs snipers. ambush camo helps you to set up *surprise* ambushes! g43s are also nice if you manage to get close or need to chase snipers

what did you guys, who complain about that strat (that has been around as long as i can remember) do when snipers could still sit in a clown car? i think after removing the ability to do that, this strat has lost a lot of its power
2 Nov 2014, 13:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

what did you guys, who complain about that strat (that has been around as long as i can remember) do when snipers could still sit in a clown car? i think after removing the ability to do that, this strat has lost a lot of its power

Lose :snfBarton:
No but back then it was all about surving until you got out an elefant and panzerwerfer and then you basically couldn't lose anymore
2 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM

Following your logic, axis sniper should also be little bit more expensive, due to better killing power and camo.

And 90mp for reinforcing sniper IS hurting.
2 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM

Gren spam is the best option. But keep in mind that it is a soft counter. If you cannot get a Scout car out before Guards go with the HT and reinforce on the field. He cannot snipe you as fast as you reinforce. Even if you bleed mp you can push the guards off who cannot. Then as the guards retreat push forward with a scout car. If he bugs out start to plant small s-mine patches on heavy cover he might want to use. Even if he can detect them it hugely increases his micro. I will say that good scout car use by the Soviet player can make gren spam no fun since he can contest at any point and damage you slowly. In 2v2's his ally can easily cover for his lack of AT and make this strategy a bear. Go to the mortar option below in that case.

Other option has already been mentioned, RNG mortars. Not a skill based approach and can work or fail depending on the roll of the dice, but can win the game in a single shot.

Don't rely on the Ost sniper. If there are two Soviet snipers odds are in his favor that he will get the shot off before you can recloak or escape. Also your sniper would either have to kill a full sniper squad or pick off 4(!) models to even come up even on the cost, both are unlikely. To top it off killing snipers with snipers does not get nearly as much vet as one would expect.

At the end of the day the Soviet sniper is no fun to play against, but until the faction is provided with more solid stock units it is hard to nerf them.
2 Nov 2014, 14:03 PM

I don't know, facing double sniper almost every game in 2v2 get's pretty frustrating. but soviets are pretty hopeless without snipers in teamgames and will just succumb to obers

Exactly, rectifying nonsense such as the utterly terrible Soviet non-doctrinal stuff, as well as their teching structure and their non-doctrinal armour would go a long way to making Soviets have a better chance of doing something different. As it stands now, the only reason I can think of for nerfing this combo is so that Soviet winratios go into a nose dive and force the developers to do something about the Soviet's core issues...
2 Nov 2014, 14:23 PM

Following your logic, axis sniper should also be little bit more expensive, due to better killing power and camo.

And 90mp for reinforcing sniper IS hurting.

The German sniper reinforces for 360mp. So compared to 90, it's not hurting. If you go heavy sniper you don't really bleed mp a lot.
2 Nov 2014, 14:33 PM

The German sniper reinforces for 360mp. So compared to 90, it's not hurting. If you go heavy sniper you don't really bleed mp a lot.

and he doesnt even keep the Vet :lolol:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS