Login

russian armor

Russian Double Sniper + Guards

1 Nov 2014, 22:32 PM

Hi,

can someone give me an advice what to do against those Russian Snipers combined with Guards?

The German Sniper just sucks. If you snipe one guy, he is retreating and if he is lucky, your sniper is down.

Scout Cars get downed easily and buttoned by Guards. So you can't do a shit against those stuff and even normal Cons are enough to hold the line against Grenadiers with their bad K98k

I just think that Russian got 2men Squad Sniper is a bullshit design decision.
1 Nov 2014, 22:59 PM

I'm sure a quick google search should bring up some good advice as a few people have asked this before :)

In short, 3 viable options imo are:

1. Gren spam and cap the map fast, quicktech to Ostwind/P4.

2. Counter snipe, use Green cover so you cloak faster then the soviets can aim with their own snipers. This option is tricky and requires good micro.

3. Mortar Halftrack.

Option 1 is the safest and most reliable imho.
1 Nov 2014, 23:10 PM

Panzerwerfers aren't very good at the moment but they are probably the hardest counter in the game to snipers,

I would recommend the ostwind rush as an initial option but if you can later tech to t4 with the ecomomic support of luftwaffe supply or assault support panzerwerfers will end the sniper threat permenently, t4 is somewhat hard to do in 1v1 but in 2v2 and up its not very difficult to pull off with the proper doctrine
1 Nov 2014, 23:21 PM

Well, all your advices are mid to lategame advices. Sure Luchs, Ostwind, Obersoldaten and P4 rush are not really viable when you bleed out like a swine with those russian snipers, especially when they are spammed together with Guards.
1 Nov 2014, 23:25 PM

2 Sniper/Guard builds by their nature have to stay compact, which concedes map control on most maps. Simply don't run into the meatgrinder and cap around them with lots of grens and quick tech.

Edit: It is much worse in team games then 1's to face, as partner can cover for the sniper build. In 1's, the soviet player is giving up things to have that cost efficient force.
1 Nov 2014, 23:27 PM

Mortar HT makes quick work of soviet cheese strats with its incendiary bomb. Well worth the 45 munitions for sure!
1 Nov 2014, 23:28 PM

Sorry, i forgot to mention it. I was refering to 2vs2.
1 Nov 2014, 23:50 PM

Mortar HT makes quick work of soviet cheese strats with its incendiary bomb. Well worth the 45 munitions for sure!

This strategy won't work if your enemy is not a retard. He'll just dodge or retreat.
1 Nov 2014, 23:57 PM

Sorry, i forgot to mention it. I was refering to 2vs2.
Mass Osttruppen Rush Kappa
2 Nov 2014, 01:04 AM

2 Nov 2014, 01:26 AM

I usually just surrender. If someone is so desperate for a win that that go 2x sniper + guards + T34/85 or ISU152 (they always use these doctrines for maximum cheese), then I just give them what they want and go on to the next game. It's just such an abusive, tedious, and boring playstyle that I don't bother against it.
2 Nov 2014, 01:35 AM
Donator 11

Whats the reason for sniper teams being 2 man? What good does it do for the game?
2 Nov 2014, 01:49 AM

I also asked myself this question in the past.

The only early game solution I found for this:

As Ostheer:

Use shoot blockers and try to avoid giving your enemy kills in order to delay guards at two cp.

Rush for a scout car. If you are lucky 2 cp are not yet unlocked and the snipers are defenseless.

If there are guards, try using 2 or even 3 scout cars. But don't let your enemy know that you have them. Because usually just one or two guards are on the map, you need to catch the enemy by surprise
2 upgraded scout cars easily wipe guard squads thus leaving snipers undefended, even in the base.

The easiest way is to countersnipe, if you have the micro. Since you cloak faster the numbers are on you side, it just requires good Micro and baiting. Once reaching vet 1 you can one shot snipers.

Osttruppen also counterc sniper in a soft way to a degree leaving you with map control for a Ostwind.
2 Nov 2014, 02:09 AM

Mortar Halftrack is your friend. The one with Mortar HT+Tiger+smoke+carpet bombing OH commander is a must have
2 Nov 2014, 02:21 AM

Counters by type:

Sensible: (sadly neither shuts it down very hard):
-grenspam and fast tech to an ostwind
-mortar HT

Paid Commanders:
-assgrens (and some regulars for fausting cars)
-stormtroopers teleporting from a house

Awesome (but not tested):

Double Scoutcar or Scoutcar + Halftrack - remember that PTRS take a moment to aim and the not-buttoned vehicle can drive around in them to keep resetting their aim time. Bonus points if you chase them back to HQ and whipe with some pios or whatever popping outta the HT. No idea if this actually works, but golly imma try it if I ever meet a sniper-spammer. If you pull it off post a replay.
2 Nov 2014, 02:31 AM

Permanently Banned
motar half track flame ability. or mech assualt
2 Nov 2014, 02:34 AM

I always say the 2 men sinper is the biggest joke of the game! The fact that sniper can't be counter to sinper is the biggest joke. This design is the biggest joke. The sniper should be a support unit not a main role unit.
2 Nov 2014, 02:39 AM

Ost sucks.

COME ON ! The motar HT isn't the effective counter to sniper + guards. The incendiary bomb is a good counter to team weapons because the team weapons are static and they usually need set-up time when they want to move away from the fire.
2 Nov 2014, 03:43 AM

It is the effective way against German strong solider,
Conscript get owned by LMG Grenadier,
If conscript can have upgrade weapon to increase by firepower by 30%, then some players will choose different strategy.
2 Nov 2014, 03:49 AM
Donator 33

Ill be upset about this start being so dominant when spamming Ober doesn't achieve the same effect. This unit is far more out of line than soviet snipers and caused far more issues at the present time. Currently snipers are the one effective infantry counter to Bbers as even vet 3 units have a tough time dealing with them, even considering they can decrew an mg from a suppressed state.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★