Login

russian armor

New infantry grouping

1 Nov 2014, 22:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I'll definitely admit that the rifle grenade is better this patch, yes.
2 Nov 2014, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 08:37 AMJohnnyB
I got one pio squad whiped by a molotov. And not because they were staying in the fire, but the explosion ignite them all instantly. Just saying, I don't know if it's wrong or not... anyway it's clearly a different game....

This is not something new, the odds of this happening have not changed. It has always been pretty easy to hit all 4 german guys with a molotov so if anything I would say the molotov is a bit weaker now that it is easier to dodge.

I'd say the biggest change is how great rifle grenades are now. At Vet2 they can fire from super long range and it's so easy to nail big chucks of squads now that they bunch up so much. All other grenades are rather obvious because squads have to close in before throwing one so it's easier to see them coming.
2 Nov 2014, 01:49 AM

Had a full health Ober squad wiped from one rocket from a Katyuasha. All the other rockets missed, except for one which hit dead center on the squad and they disappeared in a cloud of red mist...

Grouping for infantry definitely makes explosives more potent, maybe even a little too much.
2 Nov 2014, 05:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

How about adding explosion protection to yellow cover?
2 Nov 2014, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 05:56 AMRomeo
That wouldn't really do that much nor make sense considering grenades are supposed to oust units from cover not have them stick in it.
2 Nov 2014, 06:09 AM

The new system is great, grenades actually do a lot more now
2 Nov 2014, 06:10 AM

The new system is great, grenades actually do a lot more now
This is a bad thing. Grenades were already good to begin with.
2 Nov 2014, 06:45 AM

eh it was a lot more hit or miss, they are much more reliable now
2 Nov 2014, 07:28 AM

eh it was a lot more hit or miss, they are much more reliable now
In that they reliably wipe entire full health squads? They haven;t been hit or miss since the AoE changes a while back.
2 Nov 2014, 21:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Still haven't made up my mind about this. I've played with the new system a lot and I still think it's a massive improvement but I also occasionally one-shot a squad with a scott or lose a whole squad to a rifle grenade. I definitely do NOT want to go back to how it was before, but I don't know the best way to improve the current situation either.
2 Nov 2014, 22:50 PM

need to tone down the damage or area of AoE attacks so its only able to kill units at the very center. still there are a ton of cases where models are stacked literally on top of each other. cover seeking just needs to be tweaked a little bit more i think so that if there is additional cover nearby, models will stick to those, and the whole squad would only stick to one piece of cover if theres no other alternatives nearby.
2 Nov 2014, 22:53 PM

StuG E is making wonders this patch.
3 Nov 2014, 00:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You get wipe, he gets wipe, everyone gets wiped.
3 Nov 2014, 07:18 AM

It might be reasonable to alter weapon team behavior to include options for its members to stand back from the weapon, staying prone. Also alter the animations to have them get up and go prone at a faster rate.

It sacrifices their own shooting and efficiency for weapon survival.
3 Nov 2014, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 05:56 AMRomeo

I think this would be the best bet too. You can't revert the cover change because while the system is a bit grabby, the old system left people in the open way too often. But you also can't reduce explosion AOE because then it'd be useless against units in the open. So the best option would be reduced explosive damage while in light or heavy cover.
3 Nov 2014, 08:32 AM

What if relic tweaked the AOE profile of explosives so that the distance from near to far AOE range is smaller?

For example let’s look at the American MkII Grenade:

AoE radius: 4.0
AoE far: 3.0
AoE mid: 2.0
AoE near: 1.0
Damage far: 0.15
Damage near: 1.0
Damage: 80

With this profile all infantry out to a range of 1 die immediately, all infantry out to a range of 2 take 79-50 damage based on distance, and all infantry out to a range of 3 take 49-12 damage based on distance. Any infantry within the 3-4 range will take the minimum 12 damage.

To compensate for the cover changes we change the Mid and Far ranges.

Modified American MKII Grenade

AoE radius: 4.0
AoE far: 2.0
AoE mid: 1.5
AoE near: 1.0
Damage far: 0.15
Damage near: 1.0
Damage: 80

With this profile all infantry out to a range of 1 die immediately, all infantry out to a range of 1.5 take 79-50 damage based on distance, and all infantry out to a range of 2 take 49-12 damage based on distance. Any infantry within the 2-4 range will take the minimum 12 damage.

The net result of the change is that the center of the grenade remains lethal but damage falls off much faster away from the center. This would hopefully result in 1-2 models of a squad getting nuked and the remainder of the squad taking medium-light damage depending how clumped they are. If squads are so grouped that they’re still being wiped out too consistently then the aoe near value could be reduced as well. Likewise if the grenade is found to be doing too little damage on the edges then the damage far value could be increased.
4 Nov 2014, 03:40 AM

What about a ceiling to the amount of entities an explosive could kill? ( not damage. )

This would be a good way to balance grenades. Insta gib at 2 dudes, seriously damage 5, insta gib 4, etc
17 Nov 2014, 20:34 PM

I was Playing a game on oka riwer, i find my self in a bind because we haven't had any fuel for a long time so I decide to harass the soviets is2( im playing okw). I know that bunching up units is not too good but game mechanics hasnt ever been this bad. I have 4 vetted volk squads with shrecks. All destined to backstab the is2. All get into position and fire. 4 direct hits in the side of the poor is2. The is2 swings around his turret. One shot immediately whipes 3 squads of vetted volks and I ask myself if this is working as intended. Now i dont care much about the game itself, it was a random game, i think there are too many situations where tanks totally whipes out squads or leave one guy to be shot some passive bystander. I agree that a tank should be doing a substantial amount of damage to infantry but nearly whiping a squad every time it is firing its maingun pls. I must say that there has some be some kind of limit to this. It is just so frustrating everytime.
17 Nov 2014, 20:38 PM

I really like this change. T34, PIV, Brummbar, sherman ... they are quite effective now. Same thing about all types of arty. That's how it should be IMO, and that's how it was in real life.

My 2 cents.
17 Nov 2014, 20:52 PM

I like the change, finally makes units like the Brumm useful again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★