Login

russian armor

Open Beta first impressions

PAGES (8)down
22 Oct 2014, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 07:13 AMRomeo

Also buildings seem more intuitive now. Stukas won't one shot them and they seem a little sturdier in general.

I wonder how it will reflect over Soviet Forward HQ ability....
22 Oct 2014, 18:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

In general I think soviet forward HQ will be much more viable now but I have yet to test myself or see it in action.
22 Oct 2014, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 18:53 PMRomeo
In general I think soviet forward HQ will be much more viable now but I have yet to test myself or see it in action.

Given that buildings can be taken down by small arms as well?
I'm not entirely convinced.

Might help against stuka one shooting it thou.
22 Oct 2014, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 16:04 PMwongtp

what, the kt eats is2 alive in a brawl. there's almost no contest here. more hp and much more frontal armor. i dont see how the is2 works against the kt.

Not necessarily true in practice. For a while there I thought there was some kind of bug between the two, then I discarded it as a bad luck streak. For a dozen times I've attacked IS2's with KT's frontally and was forced to back up since IS penetrated more consistently than my KT. I even once wished I could post the replay where.. after the game (I went on with 'continue playing') I approached the static IS2 which was positioned sideways to my KT.. so KT was level 2, IS was level 0. KT fired obviously first, since IS had to make a whole turn of the turret. Take also into account that the KT has a faster reload time. First 5 shots bounced off the (almost) back side of the IS, while first 4 of IS penetrated my KT. It was quite bizzare and ridiculous. After my KT went to 1/6 of a Health I backed up, since I couldn't bear to watch KT get bitchslapped by a ass showing IS2. So as Braciszek said, IS2 really IS SURPRISINGLY effective against the KT. Definitely much more than the stats suggest.
22 Oct 2014, 19:36 PM

The inability to play as soviets and ostheer was resolved, i just played a game with soviets vs OKW
22 Oct 2014, 19:49 PM

Grenades seem to be over-performing vs buildings (I don't mean garrisoned units, but the building itself). I don't know whether it was full health or not, but I was garrisoned in the farmhouse next to the munitions point on Kholodony Summer (in the north) when the AI's AssGrens assault naded it.. Even though I got out in time, the building went down to 3-5 grenades. Kappa
On another occasion, the central farmhouse on Kholodony Summer came down to 5-10 % health after a Pgren bundled nade went off in it.
22 Oct 2014, 19:56 PM

I still have a boner because ISU finally got nerfed.
Should probably see a doctor soon.
22 Oct 2014, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 19:49 PMKhan
Grenades seem to be over-performing vs buildings (I don't mean garrisoned units, but the building itself). I don't know whether it was full health or not, but I was garrisoned in the farmhouse next to the munitions point on Kholodony Summer (in the north) when the AI's AssGrens assault naded it.. Even though I got out in time, the building went down to 3-5 grenades. Kappa
On another occasion, the central farmhouse on Kholodony Summer came down to 5-10 % health after a Pgren bundled nade went off in it.

good, no more house slaves
22 Oct 2014, 20:13 PM

i tried out the Jagd last night and its actually quite fun being able to direct fire it. its still definitely able to hit things quite well but it is rather reliant on player skill now (which i think is a good thing), and i was able to kill scotts with ease. its even capable of sniping support weapons and clumped up infantry as well.

22 Oct 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 19:32 PMArclyte

what a shit attitude

If it were up to me, these units wouldn't have existed in the first place. A unit that's tough, mobile, packs a massive punch (against everything in case of ISU) and has crazy long range? And can shoot through terrain in the case of the Jagd? That's just stupid design and a recipe for a unit that's either ultra gimmicky or insanely overpowered. If these units now require skill to use and are balanced, cool, I can live with that just fine. If they are reducing to uselessness, good riddance.
Vaz
22 Oct 2014, 20:54 PM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the flak ht was fixed and is now a murder machine. Any infantry approaches on this thing is a swift death. The projectiles are not hitting the ground early, so it's extremely effective.

I don't notice the input fix much, but what I do notice is far smarter behavior. What the UI is displaying to you is what will happen. It's quite amazing in a hard to explain way. Like that itch on your back you couldn't reach is not only soothed, but gone.

Buildings are acting very strange. I have played a 3v3 on oka river. The first engagement I saw a shack collapse. It was in the middle, Rifles in the church and grenadiers behind the truck. The little shack next to the truck must have taken some stray bullets and just dropped. No one occupied it.
22 Oct 2014, 22:10 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 20:54 PMVaz
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the flak ht was fixed and is now a murder machine. Any infantry approaches on this thing is a swift death. The projectiles are not hitting the ground early, so it's extremely effective.

I don't notice the input fix much, but what I do notice is far smarter behavior. What the UI is displaying to you is what will happen. It's quite amazing in a hard to explain way. Like that itch on your back you couldn't reach is not only soothed, but gone.

Buildings are acting very strange. I have played a 3v3 on oka river. The first engagement I saw a shack collapse. It was in the middle, Rifles in the church and grenadiers behind the truck. The little shack next to the truck must have taken some stray bullets and just dropped. No one occupied it.

You can't get near it not in it's range or your unit could die instantly. The range circle showing it's range is still unfixed so it can shoot far than what the game tells you becoming even more dangerous because your units die faster now.

I still don't understand why it has to be so powerful, it just penetrates a Jackson or Sherman like if they were butter. As if OKW didn't have enough AT power already.
22 Oct 2014, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 20:54 PMVaz

I noticed the flak ht is insane right now but i don't think it's supposed to be this way. It's way too powerful. It almost kills an entire squad in one burst and it never misses, even if you hit retreat. I think i read somewehere that the base flak received 8 times increased accuracy and i think it affects the halftrack too.
Vaz
22 Oct 2014, 22:15 PM

I have a feeling it's going to get nerfed, but it has pretty low hp. It's doing it's job waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good right now. If you took one of lenny's 14 con blobs against one of these, I can honestly say i don't know if they would win, lol.
22 Oct 2014, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 22:10 PMwillyto

You can't get near it not in it's range or your unit could die instantly. The range circle showing it's range is still unfixed so it can shoot far than what the game tells you becoming even more dangerous because your units die faster now.

I still don't understand why it has to be so powerful, it just penetrates a Jackson or Sherman like if they were butter. As if OKW didn't have enough AT power already.

hes referring to the flak halftrack, not the flak gun on top of the schwerer hq
22 Oct 2014, 22:21 PM

And not a single thing of value was lost.

As I've said, I'd much rather these units be worthless than ridiculously OP.

Yea, and while there at it they can add other overpriced units with no value well, Perhaps an IS-3 Call in where you have to use WASD for movement and attack ground to aim.

Why are we trying to make the game more convoluted for new players? inb4 "my isu-152 / jagdtiger wont attack" posts.
22 Oct 2014, 22:25 PM
Patrion 15

hes referring to the flak halftrack, not the flak gun on top of the schwerer hq

My fault, I hate that building so much that when I read the name Flak I think of it instantly. Anyway, I also noticed the Halftrack now kills way too fast, not time to retreat nor to throw AT nade.
22 Oct 2014, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 22:21 PMStorm

Yea, and while there at it they can add other overpriced units with no value well, Perhaps an IS-3 Call in where you have to use WASD for movement and attack ground to aim.

Why are we trying to make the game more convoluted for new players? inb4 "my isu-152 / jagdtiger wont attack" posts.

And they'll all be told the same thing: "You need to use skill and micro for these powerful units, not anybody can just pick them up and destroy everything".
22 Oct 2014, 22:46 PM
Benefactor 115

Looks like capwalking is no longer a thing?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS