Login

russian armor

Open Beta first impressions

PAGES (8)down
22 Oct 2014, 12:30 PM
Patrion 14

Why return? Elephat is useful unit all the time. All you need is good support.
If ISU can hardly hit anything right now it leaves SU without long range AT. Prepare for IS2 in every game crushed by Elephant.
I dont get these changes. I mean Jadgtiger should be albe to auto-fire but not through obstacles.
Same with ISU, just reduce AoE. Make it more like Brummbar rather than making it useless.

Wether Jagdtiger nor ISU are useless, they require just way more action by the player imo.
22 Oct 2014, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 12:30 PMLümmel

Wether Jagdtiger nor ISU are useless, they require just way more action by the player imo.

I lean on someones post (sorry, can't remember) that ISU is now more like Sturmtiger. If you click on moving units in will shoot ground = it's not tracking down.
22 Oct 2014, 12:33 PM

I lean on someones post (sorry, can't remember) that ISU is now more like Sturmtiger. If you click on moving units in will shoot ground = it's not tracking down.

now I'm fine with dem squadwipes. it requires skill now
22 Oct 2014, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 12:30 PMLümmel

It can be easily dodged now. It can be rushed by a single tank. Just move in S or Z lines and you won't be hit.

Like the changes on trois points. Middle VP was moved to the middle bridge which is indestructible now.
Not sure whether it's ok as a 1on1 map tough. Too big in my opinion.
22 Oct 2014, 12:53 PM
Donator 11

Removing the hud gives insane fps boost, i have 45-50 fps with hud and 60 without. One thing needs looking over is if you spectate a game that just started you need to wait 8 minutes before the game starts. Rather i would like to see games not showing up in the game list before you are able to spectate.
22 Oct 2014, 12:54 PM

Oh shit, really?

Well now, that makes the ISU useless against tanks.
22 Oct 2014, 13:13 PM

ok. i see some tester logics. some soviet units ussles, its not buffed, but isuuuuu. its only good unit and yes they nerfed it.And what we see? maybe u can buffed some soviet tanks like is-2/t34-76/t34-85/kv-1/(t70 OMG) because soviet cant do anything in late game if havent b4 - isu or arty. and get soviet strong infantry and get up manpower coast (guards/shooks). why penals so weak and uslees with so many coast

and why usf havent strong armor unit?
22 Oct 2014, 13:17 PM

Ok, after playing some matches, I must say ISU/Jagdtiger were hit really, really bad with the nerf stick.
I don't have a problem with manually targeting units, but they don't hit anything reliably now, since they can't target units directly.

It's like they removed the ability to shoot. All the can do now is attack ground. That doesn't work against anybody with proper micro since you can simply move your units all the time and avoid being hit at all.

I would've found it much better if they can't auto shoot, but rather you need to click for every shot.

They are working like sturmtigers now.
Hitting tanks with sturmtigers is impossible against good opponents, since units that are moving are not tracked.

I rather fear is possible to take out ISU with a single puma out now or a sturmtiger with a single wolverine.

Couldnt this be a L2p-issue for all of us, learning to use these units in some other way? The sturmtiger seldom sees light as most coh2-players isnt use to use a unit that way. If more units are made that way people will learn to manouver them.
22 Oct 2014, 13:40 PM
Donator 11

I like the changes, especially the faster responsivness and isu/jagt, as those promote good players and interface overlay upgrade as it just looks better right now.

What I don't like is that the beta doesn't use your current account (like your factions, bulletins, skins and so on, because: why not?)

And btw the custom game screen allows to choose a mod, does it mean that the beta is modable?
22 Oct 2014, 13:45 PM

Only two factions can be played at the moment - Okw and Us? Or are you guys having all the factions?
22 Oct 2014, 13:56 PM

Permanently Banned
ISU and JT gonna be as rare as elefant now...
22 Oct 2014, 14:00 PM

So it is a bad thing that they wont be spammed every match to roflstomp everything?
22 Oct 2014, 14:05 PM
Senior Editor Badge

perfect.... and this is a good thing.

22 Oct 2014, 14:08 PM
Patrion 14

The Sturmtiger seldom sees light because it is not very effective except in niche cases (brain dead blobber, static fortified positions) and Stuka does better even in most of these cases.

I love the unit and try to build it as often as I can. Since the range nerf, it cannot shoot at infantry without its aim time being seen, which had a huge effect on its effectiveness.

I haven't actually played the beta yet, so this is armchair generaling but if the ultraheavies are now indeed underperforming and not just suffering from acute L2P, maybe their scatter could be reduced and AoE (for ISU) and damage (for JT) increased. It is only fair - they will be shooting much less now. When that ISU hits my bunkers I want to FEEL it. (I am a masochist).
22 Oct 2014, 14:14 PM

I bet my balls that Sturmtiger would be spammed to death if it had the reload time of 10 seconds.

Only problem I can think of is if it is like you say that the ISU doesn't track targets. Hopefully that is a bug and not WAD. But I've said it before. Sovs have enough AT as is even without the ISU-152. That was not the case pre-april patch but now they do.
22 Oct 2014, 14:18 PM

Yeah this is very good. A lot more commanders will be used.
22 Oct 2014, 14:23 PM

Yeah this is very good. A lot more commanders will be used.

bye bye guards, you were already non-existent in games, now your commander will be useless too

Sovs have enough AT as is even without the ISU-152. That was not the case pre-april patch but now they do.

I disagree. The matchup was okay versus Ost, but what are you going to do when those KTs and JgdTs show up?
22 Oct 2014, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 14:23 PMNinjaWJ

bye bye guards, you were already non-existent in games, now your commander will be useless too

Because Mark Target + IL-2 is totally useless. It is a problem if ISU MADE commanders... And it is better if it remains dormant for the while.

Anyways, IS-2's.
22 Oct 2014, 14:28 PM

Because Mark Target + IL-2 is totally useless. It is a problem if ISU MADE commanders... And it is better if it remains dormant for the while.

Anyways, IS-2's.

WEll I think ISU is the main incentive for players to go towards Mechanized. It is one of the few doctrines with mark target. Although I think bombing strike will be a lot more effective now?

I think the IS-2 is fairly weak against armor, especially those KTs and JTs. Hopefully the nontracking thing isn't a bug. I am worried this will pigeon players into even lesser commanders (those with shocks and IS2).

I am going to hop on the beta this evening and test it out. I will still be building the ISU of course, and I am actually not that worried, but I don't know if other players share the same optimism
22 Oct 2014, 14:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Have any of the people claiming ISU-152 and Jagdtiger were over-nerfed actually tried using them yet? Seems like hyperbole to me.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS