Login

russian armor

Open Beta first impressions

PAGES (8)down
23 Oct 2014, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 15:06 PMBurts

That is why it's a good idea to argue.
The beta is here exactly for the sole reason of everyone crying about changes that were not needed or for perhaps implemented not in the best way.

Very true. I'm just pointing my finger at those having a meltdown over the changes
23 Oct 2014, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:14 AMFrost

KT got Flak 43 (AA gun, but mounted in tank was named KwK), IS2 was got gun fired separate loading. Fire of rate 2 shoot per minute. So, game is right

Kt does 80 more damage and only has 10 less pen at near and a slightly faster reload than the IS-2.

I said on paper, the KT's 88 makes the IS2's gun look bad. With factors in mind...

23 Oct 2014, 16:49 PM

Well my impressions are mostly positive.

It's now more fun to play infantry as they are responding a lot faster now. The Us are somehow better. Easier to micro them.

It's still to early to tell if the ISU-152 'nerf' will be a major impact on soviet late game. I say yes, it's was a good late game option for them, but let see. Maybe the improved micro will also help them enough to compensate. I still think however that the ISU152 nerf hurt the soviet more that the Jagdtiger one.
23 Oct 2014, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 14:40 PMGacul

I'm a average player. When I started to play as OKW I was a noob and I was facing other noobs so the build wasn't that important. As I got better and started to get matched against better players Ive noticed that its either puma or Im going to loose the game. By watching casters on Twitch I see that most of the time they go for the puma too.

BTW your avatar starts to hypnotize me *.*

I rarely go mechanized first and instead rely on shrek volks and mg to carry me into a fast luchs into obers and panthers. Works pretty well for me
rly
23 Oct 2014, 20:44 PM

I'm playing from Sweden and actually experience much worse input delay in the multiplayer beta than before. Singleplayer is good. Does anyone have an idea why this might be? Almost unplayable now.

Like if I play from a more remote server now or something.
23 Oct 2014, 20:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

This is just a guess, but maybe there is only a beta server in NA whereas there are live servers closer to your location?
23 Oct 2014, 20:58 PM

Like the BAR wasn't good before this patch... I think that the US blobbing is destroying the game. The whole US game play is just wrong, they need to remake the whole US doctrine.

They just run over every MG with BAR fire, if not, they just pop smoke... No need to flank, must be to complicated for to days player base...
23 Oct 2014, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:58 PMBeWee
Like the BAR wasn't good before this patch... I think that the US blobbing is destroying the game. The whole US game play is just wrong, they need to remake the whole US doctrine.

They just run over every MG with BAR fire, if not, they just pop smoke... No need to flank, must be to complicated for to days player base...

now just replace USF with OKW and.....wow it is also happening!
23 Oct 2014, 21:04 PM

How so? Ostheer is buttfucked with pioneer and Pak nerf. Added to that Bars seem to be able to run directly into MG42s again.

If anything, Ostheer is harder to play now.

I was talking about the bug, first day of beta you wasnt able to play as soviets or ostheer. But it has been resolved
23 Oct 2014, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 21:02 PMNinjaWJ

now just replace USF with OKW and.....wow it is also happening!

Well, i dont like the OKW, think US and OkW should be remaked. They fucked up the game.
rly
23 Oct 2014, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:46 PMRomeo
This is just a guess, but maybe there is only a beta server in NA whereas there are live servers closer to your location?

Yeah, that might be it. I hope so. Loosing squads to nades like crazy atm because of this :mellow:
23 Oct 2014, 21:37 PM

I've noticed that the game skips ahead quickly sometimes now, I'm guessing as a result of the change to how it handles latency.

Also Flak HT for OKW is retarded.
23 Oct 2014, 21:41 PM

I've noticed that the game skips ahead quickly sometimes now, I'm guessing as a result of the change to how it handles latency.

Also Flak HT for OKW is retarded.

Actually, fast forwards are the direct results of having short disconnect and being reconnected to the battle server. You should have a freeze before thou.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 23 Oct 2014, 22:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:46 PMRomeo

The servers in this case are all in the same location. ( live, beta are all in the same location. )

Rly, i'm trying to figure out if there's a way i can get a copy of your warnings log. If you get another game where it is slow, keep the warnings log. maybe keep one from the current game where it's 'fine' as well.
rly
23 Oct 2014, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 22:16 PMBayard

The servers in this case are all in the same location.

Same as in all in NA or same as in same as the live servers?
23 Oct 2014, 22:29 PM
Patrion 14

2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 23 Oct 2014, 22:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge

sorry, updated earlier message. live and beta are in the same location. the live (lobby ) servers are slightly more powerful, but the battle servers are the same power (between live and test.) there are more of them for live ( each battle server can handle X number of games. ) neither of live or test the machines are currently high CPU, so should be responding the same.
rly
23 Oct 2014, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 22:16 PMBayard

The servers in this case are all in the same location. ( live, beta are all in the same location. )

Rly, i'm trying to figure out if there's a way i can get a copy of your warnings log. If you get another game where it is slow, keep the warnings log. maybe keep one from the current game where it's 'fine' as well.

Thanks for being helpful Bayard. I'll make sure to save them next time I play and, if the problem still exists, PM you about it.
and
23 Oct 2014, 23:12 PM

I'm in Denmark (close to Sweden) and the command latency is much lower for me in the beta. It's very nice.
Vaz
24 Oct 2014, 04:22 AM

I've been playing American for a while, but I don't feel like the jt/isu change is going to fully do it. The only times I've truly felt cheated by jt is when it's shooting through shot blockers. Other than that, it can be handled with good coordination and resources. The ISU on the other hand. People are complaining they get squad wiped by it, but Tigers are the same. Tigers (both I and II) blow my squads up in 1 hit or within .5 seconds (maybe main gun kills 4 and pintle kills the other 2), too fast to escape, so might as well be 1 hit death. Even just retreat as soon as seeing it is not enough. ISU blows up at guns from long range and doesn't take damage. The tigers are doing the same thing. The difference is the range is shorter, but even with that there is more HP and all allied AT goes ping ping on the armor. So what does range make a difference here? Either your losing to range with the ISU or invulnerability with the tigers(and maybe is2 to some degree).

I really support the use of toggles, just like the Sherman uses. I think it's a better implementation of how tanks are irl and it's better for the game too. You have to change out your ammo based on your expected target. Also, to resolve the ISU range issue, it's scatter can be made much greater, but I have a feeling the problem will stay for the life of the game due to the smaller axis squad sizes, which I feel is at the heart of the matter.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS