PAGES (14)down
22 Oct 2014, 08:46 AM

I've got No New Notifications !

How about now?
22 Oct 2014, 08:49 AM

How about now?

1 New Notification :hyper:
22 Oct 2014, 08:51 AM

Sorry, I need to test notifications :ph34r: check on your top right corner ladies and gentlemen :D

Test it out.
22 Oct 2014, 09:11 AM

In real life there were about 1350 Tigers produced compared to ~50k Shermans

So you can have your 10:1 kill ratio if I can have 37 Shermans for every Tiger

In game terms, 2 Shermans cost about the same as 1 Tiger (more if you include tech costs) and will generally lose to that Tiger.

Hahaha, I posted this on purpose knowing that you guys will jump to defend the little shermann. Some people are so annoyed by the fact that (let alone resources) german engineering was superior.
22 Oct 2014, 09:14 AM

why they dont fix guards? they are elite infantry that underperform compared to the other elite unit
22 Oct 2014, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 09:11 AMJohnnyB

Hahaha, I posted this on purpose knowing that you guys will jump to defend the little shermann. Some people are so annoyed by the fact that (let alone resources) german engineering was superior.

German engineering was superior, german millitary was superior, but somehow they still lost the war.

Sorry, but just because a tiger is better than a sherman 1v1 means nothing at all.

Sherman (or the t-34) was never actually expected to fight tanks, and that was not it's purpose.
Expecting it to be able to fight german heavies (which it did, to an extent) is naive.
I have no idea where you got this 1:10 ratio, so i am pretty sure you just made that up.

The superior german engineering was also for some reason very prone to breaking down constantly, and that problem was not actually ever addresed , and only got worse as the war progressed.
22 Oct 2014, 09:24 AM

Yea, breaking down frequently and having to be abandoned sure is great engineering.
22 Oct 2014, 09:25 AM
Donator 33

The Pak changes sound great. Have always needed more incentive to start spending some fuel. Glad it's still an amazing AT gun on a single shot basis too. It just makes positions overall more vulnerable to being outplayed.

Do people like the Jagd/ISU change? I sort of got the impression people were primarily moaning about the low skill threshold on the units so maybe it'll do the trick.
22 Oct 2014, 09:26 AM

Allies are more difficult to play as a result of their high unit count and low power ratio per unit. For example, instead of heaving one super heavy Tiger, the USF have two or three Sherman Tanks. In theory, the USF player possesses a relatively similar army value; in practice the execution of this army requires greater coordination. Short term, our goal is to target a few problematic units or upgrades to better align the factional balance. Long term, we will be addressing faction scaling, how the power of a faction compounds into the late game, and difficulty of play related to Allied army composition.

That said, other factors will likely be added to that list as we further investigate some of the challenges players are facing.

So it`s not all, i think there might be some more allied buffs later.

Brace yourselves, 100 % searching as allies incoming!
22 Oct 2014, 09:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If I have to go Michael Wittman on someone's arse I will take a Tiger

If I have to equip an Army I will take Shermans thank you very much

War is not a game of Top Trumps, and things like reliability, production engineering and ease of repair matter as much, if not more, than the Firepower/Armour/Mobility.
22 Oct 2014, 09:34 AM

Ooh great you are an obvious troll and even admit to being one. Nice going.
22 Oct 2014, 09:34 AM

Live server BARs: 10.48/5.66/2.95

Beta BARs: 12.16/6.93/3.7

It's obviously DPS at near/mid(14)/far range.
22 Oct 2014, 09:39 AM

RIP Pak40. Welcome medium tank spam versus Ostheer!
22 Oct 2014, 09:41 AM

Build 2, problem solved
22 Oct 2014, 09:42 AM

Ok guys, got the idea, I don't really want to derail the tread, ok? Everybody knows who won the war and why, that's no question about it. Quantity over quality allways wins ;)
22 Oct 2014, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 09:41 AMarmatak
Build 2, problem solved
Even pre patch two or three of them - even when covering each other - would get overwhelmed in 2v2s if there were enough medium tanks - which were always there. Now it´s even worse.

Combine that with the Schreck nerf and you have seriously crippled Ostheer AT. OKW was op, not Ostheer.
22 Oct 2014, 09:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Looking at this line by line:

Observer Mode

No comment

In-Game Chat Moderation

To help ensure all players are having an enjoyable in-game experience, we have rolled out the first phase of an in-game chat moderation feature. This feature can potentially replace certain banned words with new text, remove a word entirely and/or send a ‘whisper’ coaching message to the offending party. This feature will see further roll-out as we receive new reports.

Goosefeathers, and I see no one has picked up on this yet

Units and Abilities

Allies are more difficult to play as a result of their high unit count and low power ratio per unit. For example, instead of heaving one super heavy Tiger, the USF have two or three Sherman Tanks. In theory, the USF player possesses a relatively similar army value; in practice the execution of this army requires greater coordination. Short term, our goal is to target a few problematic units or upgrades to better align the factional balance. Long term, we will be addressing faction scaling, how the power of a faction compounds into the late game, and difficulty of play related to Allied army composition. That said, other factors will likely be added to that list as we further investigate some of the challenges players are facing.

So they've acknowledged this as an issue; I have no expectation that this will be fixed too soon because it's a complex issue but it is nice to see them acknowledge the problem

Stationary Howitzers

Slight buff, but does not take them above the 400 level where they cannot be one shotted by off maps

If your howitzer is being attacked by on map units chances are you in the process of losing anyway

AT GUNS

Vet twice as slowly

Be interesting to see if they apply the same logic to AT infantry that also vets fast

Kubelwagen

Now has an upfront fuel cost - so no net fuel if you can salvage it and is easier to hit

Long overdue change people have been asking for

Volksgrenadier
Our concern is that this unit is over performing largely because it can fend off all target types. Even with a Panzershrek equipped, the potent grenade of the Volksgrenadier enabled them to engage other elite infantry.

Interesting minor change and rationale

Jagdtiger/ISU-152

Did not see this change coming, everyone was talking about costs, range or damage nerfs or ditching X Ray Shells

I like this, keeps them powerful without being a mindless "I WIN" unit

That the Elephant does not get hit with this gives it a niche

PAK -40

It was the best AT gun in the game before, it probably still is

Dodge WC51

Now coming earlier, but suffering the same disadvantages as the M3.

That Commander might actually be useful again

BAR

Needed some attention

Single Plane Off-maps

Il2 Bombs now more like Stuka zu Fuss

Confusing yes?

•Ability will now activate 1.99 seconds slower

Because 2 was way too UP

Ambient Buildings
Our goal is to improve the gameplay value of buildings and reduce the potential frustrations associated with their use. The first step towards achieving this goal is to increase the transparency of a building’s structural integrity. By doing so, players are better equipped to analyze the battle field and its potential assets. Future improvements will focus on gameplay and interaction. This might include improving the functionality of a weapon team within a garrison or providing the player with a better means of identifying each structure type.

Hints about fixes to MGs in buildings, etc, etc

This might or might not have any effect on the Stuka zu Fuss one shotting buildings; if it does will be an indirect OKW nerf

Weapon Tracking

Good

Entity Combat behaviour

Good

Team Weapons

Fixed the retreat bug, MGs pointing the wrong way etc

Significant changes that people were asking for

Cover

Will have to see how this works in game

Input Delay

Good

Infantry Reactions

Now only affects stationary squads, this is good

•Number of optimizations and bug fixes were made to improve the performance and functionality of the AI

Excellent news

Next to no one here will care about this of course, but it will matter to a lot of players

Map Optimizations

Interesting

Wonder if this means City17 Winter is back in Automatch?

•Strafing runs will no longer suppress or pin a squad while retreating

Because that wasn't annoying at all

Soviet AT Guns•Removed the +25% received accuracy modifier which was mistakenly applied to these units.

Excellent

Combat Engineers

Love to know how this weapon is unique

Pioneer MP40

Less accurate on the move

Units Forgetting Orders•Resolved a number of instances which caused units to not executed given orders.

Again, much requested bug fix

USF Major ‘Establish Retreat Point’•Major can now retreat to HQ while forward retreat is active
•Deactivating forward retreat will cause retreating squads to retreat to the HQ now instead of the old forward retreat point

Minor but nice tweak

22 Oct 2014, 10:05 AM

I can´t find call-ins in this changelog. That was one of the biggest issues for dull meta imo.
22 Oct 2014, 10:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Still fixed positions? I like the variation and some sides are much better (lazerath ambush, rostov)
22 Oct 2014, 10:15 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Bear (roar) in mind that this could be a part of the full Update next week :)
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS